Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Canna Lollies\Hard Candy
    #10592086 - 06/29/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

this is another recipe i've grown to love. very low key and can really be taken/eaten anywhere. here's the link to the thread where i first found this recipe https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=2256 i've used it dozens of times with great success. just be very careful as you're dealing with very hot sugar which WILL remove any skin it touches.  there are lots of full color pics of the process if you care to follow the link. i like to do some without sticks so that you just make hard candies. all you do different is use an ice cube tray and spray with cooking spray so you can pop em out once they cool. (props to khalista, this recipe kicks ass)

You'll need to make sure you have a candy thermometer (one that clips onto side of pan is best), a metal tablespoon measure and metal sandwich spatula.

1/4 cup cannabutter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 box (3 ounce) jello, any flavor
Twenty lolliepops sticks

Butter two cookie sheets. Arrange half of the lolliepop sticks on each and set aside.

In a small saucepan over low heat, stir butter, sugar, and corn syrup together until sugar has dissolved. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

Insert a candy thermometer into syrup and continue cooking until temperature reaches 275 degrees. Stir in jello until smooth.

Remove from heat. (This sugar syrup is very hot and can cause a painful burn!)

Using a metal tablespoon and working quickly, drop heaping spoonfuls of lolliepop syrup on end of each stick. Flatten into a circle shape with metal spatula sprayed with cooking spray.

Cool completely. Wrap each sucker in plastic wrap and store in an air tight container.

Makes 15-20 lolliepops

Edited by apoonanor (06/29/09 12:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery

Re: Canna Lollies\Hard Candy [Re: apoonanor]
    #10592134 - 06/29/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

how potent could a single one be? I've never successfully made cannabutter, so.. I'm interested. Sounds yummy

Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Re: Canna Lollies\Hard Candy [Re: JohnP]
    #10592156 - 06/29/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

it really depends on the quality of what you start with. for best results, i would use buds and/or short trim. and use as much as possible. i prefer my edibles to be a tad on the potent side as i have a bitch of a tolerance and i don't like having to eat a large quantity. i usually start with around 7-14 grams of bud/short trim and add melted butter until it is all covered in butter. a double boiler (or two stacked pots with water in the bottom pot) is best so nothing is exposed to raw heat. let the butter/plant mix sit in the double boiler for 30-40 min on med heat and then strain out the plant using cheesecloth. if done right and with high quality buds/trim, you shouldn't need more than one if you can even finish one for roughly a 3-5 hour STONE.

Edited by apoonanor (06/29/09 12:28 PM)

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#10594978 - 06/29/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i recently had a free rootbeer flavored lollipop from the clinic.  It wasnt too potent but it did smell like deisel when i opened it.

Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Re: Canna Lollies\Hard Candy [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #10596384 - 06/30/09 06:30 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

potency is more a matter of preference. i have a bitchin tolerance and i don't care to have to eat a TON of anything. i tend to make them a little more on the potent side as you can just wrap it back up and eat it later if you get a little too high. i usually reccomend people do a little experimenting and determine what works best for their personal needs. also, for this recipe, there isn't a lot of butter going into the final recipe so you want it to be a little more on the potent side since you're using so little. 1/4 cup of butter isn't very much at all so i tend to make it a little strong so you can get the full effect from 1 candy or lolly.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #10643833 - 07/08/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

My guy always has these and is always trying to give me some when I buy bags.

But I don't like them.

They don't get me very high and they taste super green.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Re: Canna Lollies\Hard Candy [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10646794 - 07/09/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like they weren't made very well. the recipe i posted usually doesn't taste very green at all. the jello kills most of the taste. as for potency, it all depends on the material you use. pretty much, crap in = crap out. if you use poor product, you will end up with poor results. if you use buds and good sugar trim, one tends to be a little much for most people. i actually had to start making them a little smaller because most people couldn't finish one of them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains