Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Plain Edible Mushroom growing
    #1053980 - 11/14/02 08:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I want to grow an easy species which is plainly edible, any suggestions from advanced growers? I've read about them all please don't refer me to directions. I was just curious about suggestions.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineconflux
science weenie
Loc: the south
Re: Plain Edible Mushroom growing [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #1054014 - 11/14/02 09:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'd recomend oyster mushrooms. They grow on straw, they grow quickly, and you can get a great fruiting strain for just a few bucks from any store that sells fresh oyster mushrooms. The only problems I've ever had is the mycelia that grow out often have bacteria growing with them, but the mycelia grows faster and the bacteria can be left behind. Good luck!

--------------------
My kitchen is a laboratory where I can eat (nearly) all the experiments.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Plain Edible Mushroom growing [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #1055214 - 11/15/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

in addition to the many nifty pros of oysters as beginner species, i might add that they will grow agressively on just about anything.
here's a link for growth parameters of many eddible species that you might find helpful.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleShaw

Re: Plain Edible Mushroom growing [Re: conflux]
    #1058128 - 11/16/02 01:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i've been wanting to try button mushrooms. I just havn't gotten around to making a decent glove box to do the agar transfers.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck