Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineangryatbreakfast
Viking
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Paranoid about LSD degradation
    #10523248 - 06/17/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey,

I'm looking for someone more experienced than me in this area to settle my mind.

I had a few pieces of leftover blotter of some good L and left them in my car for a few days. They were in a covered cupholder, so not in sunlight or anything but the car did get hot inside on a few days. Today I took brought them into a cool, dry area out of the light.

Do you think a few days in a hot car could have ruined the blotter at all?
Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks y'all:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsychedelia56
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Paranoid about LSD degradation [Re: angryatbreakfast]
    #10523300 - 06/17/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The only way LSD degrades you is because of the fact that you're leaving this reality and going into the "spiritual" one. It's impossible to be in both realities at the same time, so as a result our brains will degrade.

However LSD is relatively benign, and even though it can have this effect it usually doesn't (degrading your brain that is). Only those who discover its true power experience this degrading you're talking about, but that's only because they're beginning to leave this reality and enter the next one.

EDIT:

WOW I misread. LSD degrades in light and heat, take care of both and it won't degrade. Your LSD probably did degrade a bit sitting out in the heat and the sun.

--------------------
[quote]Shad0w said:
A Bong is like the "fukit" of getting high...... You are smoking out of a bong for one reason. And one reason only. To get super high out of your mind.[/quote]

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#10523316 - 06/17/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

angryatbreakfast said:
Hey,

I'm looking for someone more experienced than me in this area to settle my mind.

I had a few pieces of leftover blotter of some good L and left them in my car for a few days. They were in a covered cupholder, so not in sunlight or anything but the car did get hot inside on a few days. Today I took brought them into a cool, dry area out of the light.

Do you think a few days in a hot car could have ruined the blotter at all?
Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks y'all:cool:

Unless it got pretty hot in the car, it's probably fine.

--------------------

InvisibleZippy
Needlepoint
Male

Loc: Santa Cruz
    #10523325 - 06/17/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Depending how hot your car got, yes, the LSD probably degraded.

Whether it degraded a noticeable amount can only be determined one way.  :vaped:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it would just learn to keep its mouth shut.

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: Paranoid about LSD degradation [Re: Zippy]
    #10523924 - 06/17/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

stop stressing. cant do anything about it now.
if only there was away to upgrade potency. :biggrin:
but for next time: no air, no heat, no light.
happy tripping. :mushroom2:

--------------------

Invisiblemadpsilo
Male
    #10885498 - 08/18/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Moisture isn't that big a problem compared to the main reason for LSD degrading ie temp it's stored at. Anyway, if you store LSD at say -18'C (average freezer operating temp), the amount of water vapour in te air is negligable.

Every drop of 10'C doubles the effective life of the LSD (an increase of 10'C generally doubles the rate of any chemical reaction and LSD degredation is subject to the same chemical kinetics as it is due to a conversion to the more stable d-isoLSD). Compared with storage at room temp (say 22'C), storing it in a freezer extends the life of LSD 16 fold

If you wrap them up in plastic foil and keep away from heat and light, they may last the rest of your life.

Light, heat and (to some extent) oxygen are what you want to avoid. Moisture will not degrade LSD to any material extent. It is UV light that you want to worry about. UV light and any other reactive material (which could include water, or oxygen) will cause degradation. Moisture on its own is not a problem. Adding a weak organic acid, such as ascorbic acid, should help prevent degradation.

OfflineRage39a
Stranger
Re: Paranoid about LSD degradation [Re: madpsilo]
    #11045298 - 09/12/09 08:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates