Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Citizen of the world
Temp. question/colonization stage
    #10504665 - 06/14/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everyone!

So I've looked around and still have a few questions regarding the temperature issue.  I innoc. my brf jars yesterday and put them in a dark closet awaiting colonization.  Nevertheless, i don't own a heater right now and am in a tight budget atm.  I have been keeping my room temperature between 76-80 F hoping this will be enough.  Since I live in a very warm area (FL) room temperatures are easily kept warm so I figured the heater issue wouldn't be that big of a deal.  I obviously plan on dropping temps once cakes are colonized..Guess what i'm trying to figure out is if I should go scrape off some cash and run to get a heater or if you all think my cakes will be O.K. as they are.

Peace!

--------------------
So you..thought cha..might like..to go to the Show....To feel that warm thrill of confusion that ...space cadet glow..Tell me, is something eluding you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?  If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

I do not condone illegal activity..i'm just practicing for my internet acting class! :evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Temp. question/colonization stage [Re: ani.o]
    #10504680 - 06/14/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

try here

its been discussed to the death.

cubensis is tropical, does not need a drop in temp

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Re: Temp. question/colonization stage [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10504687 - 06/14/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

ok ok I do promise I spent a good hour looking for it hehe..what scared me is everyone seemed to have some sort of heating device..oh well..im happy now.
Thanks

PS: Thanks for the redirection to the search engine..if it werent for that I think i would've never found it.

skip the sarcasm next time .i made it pretty clear i did search for the topic and was only looking for a quick response to my question from someone with experience..not a condescending reply.

--------------------
So you..thought cha..might like..to go to the Show....To feel that warm thrill of confusion that ...space cadet glow..Tell me, is something eluding you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?  If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

I do not condone illegal activity..i'm just practicing for my internet acting class! :evil:

Edited by ani.o (06/14/09 01:54 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10504815 - 06/14/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I've been saying that for years. My petri dish studies a few years ago showed that cubensis reaches peak linear growth between 75F and 80F, then is flat until 83F, where it starts to slow down. Mycelium at 86F is growing at about 2/3 the speed of mycelium at 80F. In addition, the higher temps tend to stimulate thermophic molds and bacteria.

There's LOT'S of good information in TMC, but that 86F figure is one of the errors.
RR

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Re: Temp. question/colonization stage [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10504831 - 06/14/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. that clarifies a lot

Peace

--------------------

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #10504888 - 06/14/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You are golden, living in Florida you can fruit right in your backyard!

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Re: Temp. question/colonization stage [Re: george castanza]
    #10504923 - 06/14/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Nice..wish I had a backyard tho..hehe.  If I dared do that in my apartment's yard i'm sure they wouldn't survive too long :sad:
Might try something in my balcony though hehe

--------------------

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #10508302 - 06/15/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I remember a post years ago of some dude that lived in a trailer down there and posted a pic of a shit load of these giant brf cakes that he baked in an oven(not a recommended tek), he had them all over the place in a room sitting on newspapers, said they helped regulate humidity I think, anyway, your a lucky bastard.
You could probably put anything outside and it would fruit or just leave your windows open.  I would like to see how a rye verm combo would fruit outside down there, I know a millet or wbs and verm combo would.  You could always grow on shit, but who wants to eat something grown on shit if it is not necessary?

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate