Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMisfiringSynapse
Stranger
Stupid simple extraction technique
    #10496222 - 06/12/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This will extract 2-3 times as much product as alcohol, is MUCH cheaper, and stupid simple.

• Grind up the mushrooms into a powder in a coffee grinder.
  • Boil in 50/50 water/white vinegar for 30 minutes. Use enough water/vinegar to keep the poweder fully submerged.
  • Filter the liquid with a gravity filter (detailed below)
  • Pour the liquid into a glass baking dish and wait for it to evaporate. Use a fan to blow over the liquid if you're really impatient.
  • What remains should be brown and semi-crystalline, and stuck to the baking dish. It'll behave a lot like sugar. Scrape off the dish with a razor (a window scraper can be really handy here).
  • Work the pile of dust into a taffy-like consistency. The warmer it is the easier it'll be to work, so just keep folding and working it.
  • Roll this taffy into a rod, about half the thickness of a pencil.
  • Cut off 1/8th inch sections and test them :mushroom2: to measure potency.
  • Cut to desired length.

Gravity filter
Go to the auto supply store and get a tall funnel, the kind you use for changing your oil. Cut the tip off so that there's a 1.5-2" opening. Discard the tip. Cut off another inch, you should now have a 1" ring with a 1.5-2" opening. Wrap a coffee filter (or two, for strength) around the ring and drop the ring into the top of the funnel. Push it down into place so it won't move.

Put the funnel into the mouth of a wide-mouth canning jar, pour liquid to be filtered into the funnel and wait until no more liquid drips out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United States
Re: Stupid simple extraction technique [Re: MisfiringSynapse]
    #10496378 - 06/12/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

can't see i have ever seen this. 

none the less, i don't see people taking this much time.

on the other hand,  i hate the taste of mushrooms and might look this way.  is the taste still really horrid?

Offlinehedgehog
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: NorCal
Re: Stupid simple extraction technique [Re: drSE]
    #10496491 - 06/12/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was under the impression that heat destroys the psyliocybin molecule...  If it's working more power to you but just wanted to through that out there.

OfflineMisfiringSynapse
Stranger
    #10496566 - 06/12/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
can't see i have ever seen this. 

none the less, i don't see people taking this much time.

on the other hand,  i hate the taste of mushrooms and might look this way.  is the taste still really horrid?

Yep, it is that horrid, but the nausea and generally upset stomach bugs me much more. This is really more for if you have a larger quantity (say 30g+) and don't mind a little prep work. You can save the cut-up taffy 'pills' and have a relatively metered dose.

The same basic process can be used to make tea, just don't evaporate the liquid. The main point of the tek, is that vinegar is far superior to alcohol for extraction.

Quote:

hedgehog said:
I was under the impression that heat destroys the psyliocybin molecule...  If it's working more power to you but just wanted to through that out there.

Which is why you see teks which require double boilers and the like. If the temperature at which it decomposes is below the boiling point of water, perhaps the acetic acid prevents it's decomposition, but I doubt it. I think the decomposition temperature is simply above the boiling point of water.

Edited by MisfiringSynapse (06/12/09 10:08 PM)

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United States
    #10496604 - 06/12/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

wow, 30g +....  i don't think i want to venture that far down the rabbit hole.  thats seems really extreme.  have you done this?

plus,  the nausea and stomach upset is wicked with me, that is why i mix herbs with my mushroom tea, to coat my stomach.  plus i eat before hand good food.  now i know,  this makes you trip weaker but you can always eat more, and i would rather take the price over the discomfort.

OfflineMisfiringSynapse
Stranger
    #10496656 - 06/12/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
wow, 30g +....  i don't think i want to venture that far down the rabbit hole.  thats seems really extreme.  have you done this?

LMAO, 30g is not for eating in one sitting. Dice up the resulting taffy rope into 10 pieces, and end up with roughly 3g worth of product in each taffy pill.

Quote:

plus,  the nausea and stomach upset is wicked with me, that is why i mix herbs with my mushroom tea, to coat my stomach.  plus i eat before hand good food.  now i know,  this makes you trip weaker but you can always eat more, and i would rather take the price over the discomfort.

You still get an upset stomach with tea? You're straining out the fruits, right? Try running it through the gravity filter. Ginger helps immensely.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery
Loc: Cocalero
    #10497420 - 06/13/09 12:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Just grind them and mix with juice. The best!

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Stupid simple extraction technique [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #10497598 - 06/13/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psycho4ctive said:
Just grind them and mix with juice. The best!

That's always worked great for me!

I'm intrigued by extractions though, as I've never tried them. Sounds like a fun concept.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty south....
Re: Stupid simple extraction technique [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10513977 - 06/15/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Can we get a confirmation on this one from someone?  Anyone tried this?  It just seems too easy to work right...
I've never seen Mushroom taffy, and I imagine it'd been brought up before...

--------------------

InvisibleRedBeerd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty south....
Re: Stupid simple extraction technique [Re: RedBeerd]
    #10514537 - 06/15/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

okay.. So I'm doing this right now... as we speak...

And let me tell you, with 15 minutes left on the clock, I'm almost calling BS on this.

So far I've encountered a couple problems which I would think anyone who's tried this would surely not fail to mention...

I'll post a full report when I'm finished...

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Stupid simple extraction technique [Re: RedBeerd]
    #10571135 - 06/25/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

First, I wouldn't boil to extract.  A 12-24 hour room temp extraction will probably do better. Next I wouldn't evap to dryness.  That is where you'll loose the majority of your product.  Just evap it down to a shotglass full or so.  A lot of people actually drink a shot of vinegar here and there for their health.

I also don't see why you wouldn't use straight vinegar.  That's usually what's reported in the literature.  5% acetic acid = distilled white vinegar.

Also remember that heating an acetic acid solution full of psilocybin will completely dephosphorylate it to psilocin in less than 45 min at 70C.

So don't expect the product to be stable or keep very long.  Everything else sounds like it will work out fine.  Psilocin and psilocybin are pretty soluble in acetic acid and it makes a good extraction solvent for both compounds.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates