Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

gonna lose my pf cakes??? 1st time grower
    #1048091 - 11/12/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ive made it this far but i'm starting to lose hope. :frown: all ten of my jars have made it to the fruiting phase but no shrooms.

cakes are finally pinning but not growing.  my first cake birthed about five days ago had five pins and all aborted.  now it has way too many pins to count but none of them are longer than a half inch.  all my other cakes birthed two days ago all had pins within 24 hours but they seem to be aborting too.

here's my setup:
-10 jars via pftek / 1cc per jar (colonized 1 month )
- large sterlite terrarium with perlite and fish tank bubbler
- have been misting daily
- 4-5 fannings a day
- temp is lower 70's
- spores were pc

I can't find out what my problem is.  but until then i can only assume its humidity cuz i've been fanning a lot and the temps right.  but with perlite a bubbler and misting i wouldn't think i have humidity problems.  i'm completely stumped.  are these pins just stalled or what??? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepixelscope
Merry Pranksta
Loc: your moms house
Re: gonna lose my pf cakes??? 1st time grower [Re: ]
    #1048118 - 11/12/02 11:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

pick the aborts,and dunk the cakes for 12 hours in the frig.,,they may not be holding enough water to produce a good flush,,and i'd lose the bubbler and stop misting,unless you cant maintain humidity, cause the perlite should be enough,gauge it and find out,,i dont know if the humidity would make them abort but to much isnt good,,
just my opp..

--------------------
To infinity and beyond

Anonymous

#1050814 - 11/13/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok i think im gonna try that cuz i don't know what else to do....

do you know if its possible to have tooo high a humidity for cakes? i thought you could only have too high a humidity for casings??

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1051107 - 11/13/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have never found a problem with high humidity and cakes. Cakes are tough. I like to break them up and then fruit them. They are easy to fuck with.
This is PR cakes broken up and left to grow together after the first flush was taken. Also it usually takes up to 2 weeks for cakes to fruit full swing.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
    #1051284 - 11/14/02 12:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah try and dunk them... you'll get results after that surely.

--------------------

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1051622 - 11/14/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

raise your temp

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract