Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerednelb
Stranger
 User Gallery

Another first time grow post (pics and questions)(long)
    #10476947 - 06/09/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK. Pretty new to this, but almost feel like an expert because of these forums. Anyways.. my first attempt went for several teks at once. In this I will document the outcomes of each so maybe other beginners can feel more comfortable using different ways to cultivate. As well, I still have some questions/clarifications that I would like answered. And as always opinions/criticism are welcome.

I was given a mycodome (i know.. ha ha ha) from a buddy who said this will get you started. As it did. I had the mycodome kit, plenty of sporeworks syringes, and all the necessary pf tek goodies. As soon as I acquired the kit, I found this forum. Without even starting, I felt as if the kit was just a waste of time and there were tons of better ways to do this. So I decided to try many ways. Mainly the 6T WBS tek and the standard PF tek.

As a side note, the incubator on the mycodome kit works pretty well and will hold quite a few jars... as for the dome....

So there I am about a month later with plenty of WBS and BRF jars fully inoculated. I had 1 contaminated and 2 that stalled. Other than that, pretty good success I thought. At that point I birthed one cake. I dunked for around 16 hours and rolled in verm. The strain was PR. It seemed to take forever to fruit. I misted and fanned religiously. The climate was 75 f and 95% RH. Right on according to what I read. When I first saw pins, I was excited. I continued my habitual misting/fanning. Everything seemed fine except for the slow growth. I have heard that PR can do this, but even as of now (almost 2 weeks) they have fully matured. (See pic) They are also kind of twisted and weird. No contams that I see either.
The second tek, 6T WBS, is going better. The jars colonized very quick. This is were I am a bit confused. Did I case, or did I spawn. I thought I cased.
I simply put some moist verm in a container, broke up the WBS over that, then covered with coir/verm/peat. I thought this was a casing. Some have told me I spawned. Either way, some clarification would be nice. Anyways... these trays started to pin about 1 1/s weeks after going into the FC. When I did this, I had just put perlite with some water and put the containers in it (after a few more days incubating of course) No holes, no FAE. Just perlite in a sealed container. Again, the climate seemed perfect, 75f 95% RH. I misted/fanned throughout the day. As you can see from the pics there are plenty of pins and baby shrooms growing. So that is where I at right now. I haven't had anything mature in 2-5 days like some people, but they look healthy.

So I am pretty sure I know what a casing is and what spawning to bulk is, but WHAT did I do? Second, any advice, kudos, tips, or whatever would be nice.

If you need anymore info, just ask!!

THANKS!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures