Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblegnostic19
Stranger
I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step?
    #10473722 - 06/08/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have a jar that just 4 days ago fully colonized. Looking at it yesterday i saw that some pins/shrooms were appearing. How do i treat this when birthing? Do i leave them on, bypass dunking and go straight to FC? Or do i pluck them off, dunk and DEC or roll? Is this normal? I have other jars with this strain that didn't do this. Only difference is i used hpoo in the cake mix along with verm. Is it the hpoo that is causing the rapid rate of growth?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: gnostic19]
    #10473751 - 06/08/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

pluck them off, dunk and roll

the pinning was probably caused by exposure to light

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: Set]
    #10473800 - 06/08/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Pins are fine if you can dunk and roll without killing them leave them on,  that will be a good start to your first flush.
GL,
CH

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: Set]
    #10473952 - 06/08/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Set said:
pluck them off, dunk and roll

the pinning was probably caused by exposure to light

Incorrect, i have 14 jars that are exposed to light from day 1 and not 1 has pinned invitro. when i used to colinise in darkness, they would et exposed to light everyday and still didnt pin after a week, untill birthed.

Not sure why you used poo in jars. Go ahead and birth its obvsioulsy finished consolidating the subtrate.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblegnostic19
Stranger
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10474025 - 06/08/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Not sure why you used poo in jars. Go ahead and birth its obvsioulsy finished consolidating the subtrate.

I like to try different things. Can't complain.

Invisiblegnostic19
Stranger
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: gnostic19]
    #10474235 - 06/08/09 10:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I went ahead and pulled the pins off. Figured most would abort/rot so might as well get something out of them. They are thick little fuckers. OK to eat them, right?

I am going to dunk then birth.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #10474363 - 06/08/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you're certain it's a psilocybian mushroom then eat up!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlineguywiththegun
Shroom Chewer/Beer Brewer
Male User Gallery

#10474566 - 06/08/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

dude, why? I just fruited several jars that were pinning in vitro with NO problems, in fact two of them so far grew to enormous proportions when exposed to plenty of FAE. The strain is probably just an early fruiter. Next time, leave em on and enjoy the massive results of your labor.

--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #10474625 - 06/08/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah dude I just had the same problem the other day.  I saw that 3 of my jars were pinning inside so I birthed them, dunked em, even rolled em. 

I just made sure to be gentle when rolling so that I didnt bruise them.

From my experience so far, having invitro pins in your jars before birthing starts the fruiting process right away.  The colonized jars that didnt pin while inside are still not pinning in the FC now, but the ones that pinned inside are flourishing!

Check my BRF thread in my signature to see for yourself!

--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Invisiblegnostic19
Stranger
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: guywiththegun]
    #10474656 - 06/08/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

guywiththegun said:
dude, why? I just fruited several jars that were pinning in vitro with NO problems, in fact two of them so far grew to enormous proportions when exposed to plenty of FAE. The strain is probably just an early fruiter. Next time, leave em on and enjoy the massive results of your labor.

well, i'm sure i missed a couple so we'll see what they do. Most had a pinhead-sized cap with a thick-ass body. I wonder if invitro fruits differ from regular open air fruits? Guess i'll find out with the couple that are still on there.

Invisiblegnostic19
Stranger
Re: I have pins/mini shrooms growing in pf tek cake (hpoo/verm) that's still incubating...next step? [Re: ezwider]
    #10474676 - 06/08/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ezwider said:
Yeah dude I just had the same problem the other day.  I saw that 3 of my jars were pinning inside so I birthed them, dunked em, even rolled em. 

I just made sure to be gentle when rolling so that I didnt bruise them.

From my experience so far, having invitro pins in your jars before birthing starts the fruiting process right away.  The colonized jars that didnt pin while inside are still not pinning in the FC now, but the ones that pinned inside are flourishing!

Check my BRF thread in my signature to see for yourself!

did you lose any pins/shrooms during that process? Did they grow bigger than the ones that came in after the dunk/roll?

Offlineguywiththegun
Shroom Chewer/Beer Brewer
Male User Gallery

#10474749 - 06/08/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Mine had slightly strange shapes, but other than that they were just massive.

--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

#10476082 - 06/09/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Started Pinning in Jar

Pins stayed intact after dunk and roll, and grew a bit in the terrarium.

Next Day

Day 2

Here is the other side of the same cake with brand new pins everywhere!

The cakes that didnt pin in vitro still havent pinned in the FC, I expect them to on Day 5.  Hope I helped!

--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies