Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
The Awesomeness of Outdoor Forest Raves & Concerts!
    #10455656 - 06/04/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This upcoming Saturday, June 6, 2009, I am going to go to a sequel to one of the best outdoor raves I've been to: Space Invaders!. And I am excited!

It probably will be located about 30 miles East of Eugene, OR and I pretty sure that this sequel will be somewhere near the same forest area it was last year.

- Its called Space Invaders II: The Next Level! and its going to be *even better* than last year's with even more wacky UV-reactive goodies and lots of pumping sound.

- There is going to be 2 stages: The main stage or "First Contact", will play Psy-Trance, the Second Stage, aka "The Abduction Chamber" Down-Tempo Psy-Trance/Dub.

Below is the official flyer with info-line phone number and other info , in case any people from Oregon in the Shroomery want to attend:

--- If you want to know who Dj'ed on the 2 stages or other info about the party,
click on this link to Tribe.net---> http://oregon.tribe.net/event/Space-Invaders-The-Next-Level-June-6th-EUG-by-Vortex-One-Gatherings/oregon-us/10bd11eb-0a48-4f78-a4f6-e10d27fe117b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Best Outdoor concert Experience:
And just last year, during the summer, I flew from the Big Island, Hawaii (born and raised there) and went to Maui, HI for the first time. Me and my 2 best friends went there specifically because of a LIVE 311 concert there. It cost $50 for the ticket alone, and a couple hundred for the plane ticket, but that 311 concert was pure awesomeness and no other concert I've been to has matched its outdoor music excellence. Of course, if you already visited the 311 fans thread written by Atheist, you would already know this.

Anyway, I wanted to make a list on why outdoor raves and concerts are *way more awesome* then indoor ones
(listed in no particular {dis}order):

#1. Less security = More fun!

Because of the sheer size of outdoor raves/concerts, there is just not as many security officers around to bust you for doing something wrong. At concerts, this means you can smuggle in your goodz and use them when and wherever you want. However, you have to be a little sneaky about using your goodz and use them inside a large crowd away from the front stage, where most security stand and watch.
    In fact, at the "Space Invaders" rave last year, there were no security anywhere, even at the pay-to-enter entrance, there was no search or anything! How awesome is that! That means, during the Rave, I saw people use all sorts of goodz right in front of me, and even offering to sell me a wide variety of different goodz to use.

#2. The Openness of the Outdoors

Since its outdoors, there is A LOT of room to move around in. Even in crowed concerts, there's still a way to get out of the crowd and find some personal space. This is why I don't like indoor raves/concerts, because I ALWAYS end up hitting/bumping into someone and the notorious "snake weaving", which is when lots of people walk around you from different directions as you try to avoid being run over by the huge "snake" of people. Very annoying. I like my space when I'm enjoying the music: its an American culture thing.
    Also, the fact there is no hard roof over your head, makes everything feel more open and less cramping your "personal space".

#3. Its like Camping!

This is especially true at the Space Invaders, where there were *2* fires going simultaneously. What was also cool was that they pointed the stage lighting onto the smoke coming up, which lights up very nicely at night. And since its camping, everyone is in a good mood, and everything feels more "relaxed", since there's no real time limits. Like you can leave whenever you want, unlike a building which has a curfew time where you HAVE to leave. In fact, the Space Invaders went to around 6am on the next day and beyond. I left early because I was over it and everyone else left.
  And at concerts, you can bring a blanket and lay down and enjoy the music or go to the front of the stage and see/listen to the performers up close, which is what I like to do. I like to hear the sound up-close and see how those performers are making those sounds.

#4. The Setting of the Natural Outdoors

One of my favorite things about outdoor raves/concerts is the setting: nature and open-sky. Its so peaceful and beautiful, I can't think of a better place to be. The trees, rock cliffs, wind, all feel great on the body and mind. And the stars and moon...oh how beautiful they look while on Acid, at a rave, with people enjoying the party.

Of course, there are some down-sides to outdoor raves/concerts that must be considered....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downsides of Outdoor Raves/Concerts

#1. The Changing Weather

Since its outdoors, there's no heating (expect a fire and the crowd's body heat). That means you gotta dress warm during the night. Also, it could rain and ruin the sound-system and the people partying, unless there is some good weather covering. But, a pretty small set-back for these wonderful experiences.

#2. Because of its Remoteness, its hard/expensive to get there and modern conveniences are unavailable.

This is usually true for raves and not concerts. Like Space Invaders, the location was *way* far from any cities and required an off-road vehicle to get follow the semi-confusing phone directions and get to the site. This is costly, because of gas, and troublesome, like if you get lost. Also, once you are there, because you are in such a remote place, you have to bring your own food, water, method of disposing your sh*ts and maybe firewood to keep yourself alive. You have to be more self-dependent, in contrast to indoor raves where you have to buy their food/water, because you can't bring anything inside. Also, if someone were to O.D. or hurt themselves, there is no medical help available. You will have to bring your own First Aid kit, or have someone drive the person hurt/sick/O.D. to the Hospital if its serious.
  As for concerts, you really don't need to worry about this: they are usually not in remote locations, instead they are at outdoor amphitheaters near cities/towns. So, for concerts, its all good with no set-back for them. And food/water is sold at the concert.

#3. Sound-system can suffers, especially at raves.

Because of the remoteness of the outdoor raves, its hard to bring all the sound-system, lighting, generator, etc...So, the speakers/lighting/decor is usually limited due to the difficultly of getting all that equipment out there. But this depends on how many headliners are Dj'ing and how expensive the entry tickets were as well, so its not always the case. But, its usually not that bad, just sometimes not as powerful as indoor ones.
  At outdoor concerts, this is never an issue. Like mentioned before, they are located near cities and towns, and are not as remote as raves, so the sound system is good, if not better than indoor concerts.

In conclusion, outdoor raves are very remote but very private and unregulated, which is awesome but still troublesome. As for Outdoor concerts, they are less remote but more security, which has its own pro's and con's

>>>>> So, to the reader: What awesome Outdoor Raves and/or Outdoor Concerts have you been to? Do you think Raves/concerts are better outdoors or indoors? and Why?

Psyched for Outdoor Music Adventures,
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (06/07/09 08:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: The Awesomeness of Outdoor Raves & Concerts! [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #10455683 - 06/04/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ravestockkkkkk this weekend. :laugh:
Same principal, farm rave, camping, on sunday metal show :rockon:

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: The Awesomeness of Outdoor Raves & Concerts! [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #10455726 - 06/04/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I still have yet to go to a true rave.  It's not really my scene but I know I'd have a blast at one.

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: The Awesomeness of Outdoor Raves & Concerts! [Re: Newbie]
    #10455734 - 06/04/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The raves i've been to around here, 200-300 people.
Not  very many at all.
I really hate how they advertise on myspace.

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: The Awesomeness of Outdoor Raves & Concerts! [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #10455839 - 06/04/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I just went to a 3 day camp out. It was my first time going to an event like this. I wouldn't label it as a "rave". And that's the thing these days, so many people just slap the label "rave" onto things.

But it was an awesome time...Reggae, Trance, and Dubstep from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon...the music never stopped, all through the day and night.

The outdoor aspect was fucking amazing. It was up in the mountains, in a meadow surrounded by Oaks & Pines. There was a community fire. Words can not even come close to explaining the beauty of this place, and the stars at night :eek: .

I didn't want to leave the place....I can definitely see my self going to many more camp outs/gatherings/festivals this summer. They're the happiest most peaceful place on earth :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: The Awesomeness of Outdoor Raves & Concerts! [Re: openmind]
    #10455872 - 06/04/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I feel so at home wearin all my kande gear ravin it up with some photons :rave::coaster::rave:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies