Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethefiendhitman
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ Flag
Outdoor Grow Advice (Help Me?)
    #10437351 - 06/01/09 07:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So, seeing as I am completely new to Mushroom Cultivation, I have selected an area in my yard that looks ideal for growing me some mushrooms. I will be growing some psilocybe mushrooms (likely B+) and another, edible, species.

I have some pictures of the spaces I see as ideal.

(link to photobucket)

These are the areas I view as ideal, considering the research I have done thus far. They are shady a great deal of the day, there is plenty of room for a couple of beds of mushrooms. What do you think?

I was thinking that I could use the leaves in one of the pictures as a bedding/substrate. I will be inoculating a growbag and then use that to inoculate the beds I prepare.

I know it may be a noobish question, but in the research I have done, I cannot quite decide, on my own, whether these areas seem acceptable for growing mushrooms.

I just need advice on the grow area and possibly the preparation of the beds. But other then that, I think I've got this thing pretty well figured out. Only way to know is to try it.

I really appreciate any help you guys will offer up to me.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

--------------------
Quote (Ineffable Ant):
I don't think that entheogens can heal or teach anyone anything major unless they want to be healed or to learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Outdoor Grow Advice (Help Me?) [Re: thefiendhitman]
    #10437380 - 06/01/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yeah don't do anything till you have colonized growbags. Once that's done you want to dig a hole in the ground and put lava rocks or the likes at the bottom so mycelium dosnt sit in water.

Then mix up your pasteurized leaves/straw spawn and mix in chunks of colonized substrate. Do it before it starts getting cold. Once that's clearly colonizeed, put a real thin casing layer on top for fruiting.

The area around your plots, your going to want to cover the ground in diatomatic (sp?) earth to stop slugs. They search and destroy mushrooms.

And maybe put a chicken wire fence up around the whole thing. Deers eat anything that smells like food.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

InvisibleNuminosum
President of Turd Town
Male User Gallery

#10437388 - 06/01/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Let me start by saying I have not researched outdoor grows and I am just going off of common sense

I don't really know your location but I am assuming Connecticut?

Cubes don't naturally grow anywhere near there so my thought is that it wont work.
The climate just isn't right and the humidity wont stay high enough long enough.

I mean if you could just grow them outside in conn. wouldn't they be growing all over?

--------------------
...within my memory is the knowledge of hyper-light drive ships and how to build them.

Doc_T's Efficiency Challenge

OfflinePprPlns
Stranger
    #10437398 - 06/01/09 07:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

knock up cakes instead of growbags, that's my advice. Looks like you like in georgia, what's the temp/humidity?

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Outdoor Grow Advice (Help Me?) [Re: PprPlns]
    #10437547 - 06/01/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen with my own eyes bulk outdoor grows working in Erie and southern PA perfectly well.

Its all about temps. If its too cold outside they're not gonna work.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

InvisibleNuminosum
President of Turd Town
Male User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Grow Advice (Help Me?) [Re: 4hodmt]
    #10437574 - 06/01/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said:
I've seen with my own eyes bulk outdoor grows working in Erie and southern PA perfectly well.

Its all about temps. If its too cold outside they're not gonna work.

Alls I'm saying is that I live in that region and I have certainly never seen
a cube hanging around in the wild. Lived on a horse farm when I was younger what better place right?
Its just too cold and the rh to low in the NE.

If the climate was right here and you grew outdoors wouldn't the spores float off and
grow elsewhere, eventually spreading throughout the whole region??

--------------------
...within my memory is the knowledge of hyper-light drive ships and how to build them.

Doc_T's Efficiency Challenge

Offlinethefiendhitman
Male User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Grow Advice (Help Me?) [Re: Numinosum]
    #10439833 - 06/02/09 05:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok. Temps and humidity.

The temp. is usually around 75-80 F during the day, and the low 50s or high 40s during the night at the coldest. This weather can be expected to get warmer until the end of august.

The relative humidity is usually around 70-80%, expecting it to get higher in the coming months.

--------------------
Quote (Ineffable Ant):
I don't think that entheogens can heal or teach anyone anything major unless they want to be healed or to learn.

Edited by thefiendhitman (06/02/09 07:49 PM)

Offlinethefiendhitman
Male User Gallery

#10447651 - 06/03/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Added weather info, still wondering about growing, sorry to bump this... but I need answers!

--------------------
Quote (Ineffable Ant):

Offlinebluedavenger
Tacoherder
Male User Gallery

#10448107 - 06/03/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I say give it a shot. if it works then you will have some mushies, if it doesnt your just in the same spot you are now. Maybe just do a small trial run. see how that goes.

--------------------
Lifes a b**** and then you die.
F*** the world lets go get high.
And if at first you dont succeed,
Try again with better weed!!!
:ganja:

Offlinethefiendhitman
Male User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Grow Advice (Help Me?) [Re: bluedavenger]
    #10449633 - 06/03/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

True that. Alright, I guess I'll post a thread once I get the project rolling.

--------------------
Quote (Ineffable Ant):

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale