Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebob5

tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains
    #10434425 - 06/01/09 09:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Only for believers; of variation in effects between strains!

ok...      -  so i've got some equadors.. .. great mushrooms.. 
it's a kinda dreamy.. visual...  and contrary to the pure laziness effect (i've heard about it)
it was  actually very energizing, yet mellow {non spikey}.

i've got some koh samui brewing up now. and i've heard that they're big on the body high.. and very energizing at the same time.

now in theory...  mixing these two would create a; dreamy, highly energized high with a nice body buzz...  and visual display?   

: now i know it's not as black and white as a laid it out ^ there.      due to set, setting and all that jazz.
but due to the different alkaloid makeup..  it must {as i've read elsewhere} create a broader spectrum to the trip.  'with something for everyone' :heartpump:

i'm aiming to have a multiple strain..  'shroom powder jar'.  (dried, grinded + mixed)

so..    what's the verdict?
thanks
bob

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: bob5]
    #10435890 - 06/01/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"and contrary to the pure laziness effect (i've heard about it)
it was  actually very energizing, yet mellow {non spikey}."

You said you believe in "differences" in strains.... Yet, the difference must be in something -OTHER- than the strain..... because you found it personally opposite of what was advertised.

And your 2nd ingrediant to the combo is based on the advertising rather than any personal result?

By the way, what different alkaloid makeup? Is this within the strain? Are we talking MS here or cloning? Do any of the growth conditions affect alkaloid content? if you arent eating them fresh, already you have changed the "alkaloid makeup"......

I do understand the goal. I think it is a fun idea. It wouldnt hurt.

I simply dont understand your reasoning behind it , in light of the facts you have relayed.

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: Shad0w]
    #10435951 - 06/01/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

this post is proof that strains don't matter

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Invisiblebob5

Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: kungpow]
    #10436109 - 06/01/09 03:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i wasn't going on anything that vendors have said... as it is most likely bs.

i was basing my thoughts on the KS by what other people have said.
and in general i have always found mushrooms quite speedy..

i've now tried mexican, equador and liberty caps..  (liberty caps being the most chilled)

{i hadn't really thought till now about the drying effecting the alkaloid makeup...}

guess that depends on how many different actives survive the drying process..  - like 'baecstelin  and the likes..

and yeah it's from multi-spore....    but they are very good quality spores.

but i'm sure there is a difference. be it subtle.
anyhow..  can't hurt to mix it up a little..

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#10436734 - 06/01/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

But even going by what others have said..... for you it wasnt accurate.

So, why would you believe what "they" say about other strains?

Alright, next time I find myself in a country where it is legal to grow mushrooms. I will grow 2 diff strains, MS and make up 4 cased trays of each strain.... keep all trays seperate and marked when I bag em up.

Dose each weekend , thats 8 weeks, And I will throw an extra 4 weeks in just to increase the odds of a correct guess.

I am tending to believe, that If I dose without looking at the label until after I rated my trip.....

My accuracy at guessing which strain... AND tray, based on effect will vary. Maybe like a generous 50% 'correct guess' ratio.

I am also tending to believe that each and every one of those trays( even of the same strain) will be remarkably similar in effect, and yet subtley different.

Wanna make bets? I bet I have a higher than 50% correct ratio on the strain....( but only because there are only 2 strains to choose from, and I am a fking good guesser. ) and a less than 50% ratio on the individual tray. ( this prob wont be for another few monthes, after july 4th for sure. ):grin:

Offlinebasidospores
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: Shad0w]
    #10437630 - 06/01/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

a cubie is a cube is a cube.  Unless using clones/isolates, each mushroom will differ slightly in composition of psilocybin/psilocin content.

OfflineMastaKa0s
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: TEXAS
Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: basidospores]
    #10438400 - 06/01/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

all cubes are just like all other cubes. the trip does not change with strain. every trip is different.

--------------------
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country...

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10438775 - 06/01/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think that if you believe different strains will effect you differently, then they will. The experience is so subjective, that it's really hard to pin anything like that. I took a shitload of Hawaiians last night. It was a real clean trip with virtually no body load and thought loops. Hard to say if it was the strain, or just set and setting. Who knows. it sure was a blast though.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: MastaKa0s]
    #10439210 - 06/02/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MastaKa0s said:
all cubes are just like all other cubes. the trip does not change with strain. every trip is different.

Too bad most people dont realize this. It would be 100 % impossible to make a statement such as a mushroom gave a different trip.

What im saying to all the others here is... have a cube trip (any strain) and repeat that trip with the same strain lets say 2 months later. What you will get is 2 totally different trips...WOW! :mushroom2:

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: tailoring a batch of shrooms.. using different strains [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #10440429 - 06/02/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah man definitely :thumbup:

no 2 trips are alike with the same exact strain.  you could spend years and years of getting different trips from the same batch.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag