Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
    #10421267 - 05/29/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 03:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: oxalic32]
    #10421283 - 05/29/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That is quite a predicament, but if you're not truly happy with her, then it's best for both of you if you break up with her.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlineoxalic32
Male

. [Re: Poid]
    #10421304 - 05/29/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 09:46 PM)

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10422077 - 05/29/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

don't let your fear for how she will react change what YOU want to do with your life.

If your not happy then leave.  how she handles it is her problem.

but, dont judge her just for the fact of being on anti-depressants either.

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Offlineoxalic32
Male

. [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10422238 - 05/29/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 09:46 PM)

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
    #10422653 - 05/29/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
Well the part that sucks most is she couldn't trip with me. I'm also not in love with the idea of antidepressants.

i hear that man... talk to her about alternative medicine/therapies that don't interfere with tripping...

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #10422734 - 05/29/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You can't trip on antidepressants? There's a lot of alternative mood lifters (stablon, l-deprenyl, 5-htp), but I can't say for sure if they contraindicate psychedelics... I have never heard this before. Or else I forgot.

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: Epigallo]
    #10422746 - 05/29/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

it might be fine but mdma might be a bad idea of combining with an ssri... look into st. johns wort... remember when taking herbs if you believe you receive...

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #10423141 - 05/30/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I use to smoke weed when I was on anti depressants.  I think it use to make the buss much clearer, I ate shrooms on it once, no problems.  But drinking can mess you up.  I blacked out once getting drunk while on meds.

It was really crowded and hot in a bar.  last thing i remember was wanting to go out and get fresh air.  I had to walk up some crowded stairs to get to the door.  next thing i knew  some dude had my arm over his shoulder helping my dead weight get to a table near the door.

he later told me I jsut fell backwards on the stairs and luckily he was behind me caught me and dragged my ass to the table.

I was fine 20 minutes later after getting a glass of water and cold sweating my ass off for a few minutes. that was about 10 years ago.

weird, I've done allot of shit, but will never recommend drinking more than a couple while on  crap like paxil, etc..

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #10423868 - 05/30/09 04:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
I care about her and im not just fucking her. But at the same time the experiences i wanted to have with someone close to me would be impossible to have. I know she cut herself when she was younger. She's been really depressed and off antidepressants. I feel like breaking up with her could push her off an edge. I've got myself in a shitty situation.

Well, I think you should just tell her exactly this - that you care about her, but you need to feel close to her in that way.
Personally, I don't buy into this clinical depression for a second, and I most definitely don't think that if she (or anyone else in this situation) will keep up with the anti depressants, this will eventually fix something insides her. There's an emotional problem that waits to be discovered, faced, and dealt with, and until she won't do this she will still be depressed. Tell her that whether or not you choose to be together.

I think that instead of taking all those anti-depressants for who knows how long, she should try to find a really good and understanding psychologist (not psychiatrist that will prescribe her more pills), and try to find out what's actually wrong. If she's lucky, she can even find a therapist that will agree and encourage her to take E before the therapy sessions, which will turn her into a more open person and more able to explore whatever it is that makes her depressed.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10423878 - 05/30/09 04:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe try healing her depression with psychedelics?  They can be very useful in psychotherapy.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: deCypher]
    #10424180 - 05/30/09 08:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with deCypher.

Also, St Jon's Wort isnt intended for people who suffer from long term depression. It didnt work for me. It actually made me have more mood swings.:shrug:

Perhaps theres a cause to her depression. Ive been able to figure out the things I believe were/are triggers to mine. It makes it a lot easier to deal with if you know why you feel the way you do.

If you really care about the girl, try to work with her. Relationships are all about working together, reaching compromises,..etc.

Offlinegompers
The Gimp
Male

Loc: East Coast
    #10424258 - 05/30/09 08:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
1) My girlfriend was on antidepressants for awhile. She said they helped
2) Recently she's become depressed again and wants to go back on them.
3) It sucks not being able to trip with the person you love. It sucks taking MDMA and not having your partner being on it with you. It just feels lonely and empty.
4) Not sure what i should do. Should i date someone on antidepressants? The problem is if i break up with her over this she'll become insanely depressed and if i stay with her while she's on antidepressants i'll want to be with girls i can trip with.

Anyone deal with this shit before?

There is a very easy and clear answer here, and it seems you are avoiding it.
1) She suffers from depression (whether or not I agree with the diagnosis/treatment) and anti-depressants help her.  She is in pain, and this fixes her shit.
2)Sounds like she got herself off of them for a while, which is awesome (wish my gf would do that for me) but the pain is coming back.
3) Stop tripping? Sounds like you may care about her, so maybe you should base your relationship on making great memories with her regardless of whether or not you are tripping nuts. "Intimacy" on X should be differentiated with "Intimacy" without.
4)Yes, break up with her.  You are leading her on; her goals seem different than yours, and you have already admitted you want to trip with other girls.  If you allow the relationship to continue with her being sober and you constantly searching for a partner, you will put even more stress on her and you until it ends even more catastrophically. The problem is that you don't understand her, and perhaps yourself.  These two don't mix.

Solution: Learn to trip alone (pick a different drug, or go sober).
            Find someone you can actually understand.

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores

Edited by gompers (05/30/09 09:01 AM)

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #10425568 - 05/30/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My straight answer is that anti-depressants do help some people.  If she is legitimately starting to feel depressed, you need to let her get on them and help her with the adjustment as well.  Your MDMA experience is going to be a moot point if your girlfriend is too depressed and emotionally unstable to trip anyway.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Edited by PowerTrip (05/30/09 02:41 PM)

OfflinePeNgUiNy
Yep Thats THe Ticket
 User Gallery

Loc: Directly above the center...
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10425717 - 05/30/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have acctualy have had that same issue I was on zoloft which is an SSRI for depression and anxiety. And I had higher tolerance levals and could not orgasm for the life of me. I just got my anxitey treated and got on buspirone. I would have anxiety attacks and then get depressed because of anxiety.

--------------------
~Follow The Light To Freedom Only Then Will You Learn To Fly~:rastana:

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: PeNgUiNy]
    #10428988 - 05/31/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I find that it is best to stay away from the ladies that are mentally and emotionally unstable.

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: Solemente]
    #10429008 - 05/31/09 10:25 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

my first trip on LSD (roughly 5 months after firs getting on SSRIs) enlightened me to a point that i knew i not only wanted but NEEDED to get of antidepressants.

i dont know what im trying to say hear. i think its that i suggest having her have a very strong LSD experience to see if that aids her psychological well being, because it did for me.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: joe Biggs]
    #10429601 - 05/31/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My thought is that, if you really care about this girl, your interactions during sobriety should be king to interactions on any drug ever.  I mean, you don't really want to base your relationship in recreational drug use, do you?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: Society]
    #10429851 - 05/31/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

First off, the cause of depression in the vast majority of cases (if not all) is 1. Poor Diet 2. Lack of Exercise and 3. Disconnection from the Earth/Nature/Spirit (this is established though natural eating of the earth, raw foods, spiritual practice like yoga and meditation along with all our personal favorites, tripping).

A healthy person who has been eating the proper foods and exercising, living as humans should will never get depression.  It is only in our fucked up society where people can no longer live naturally, and have many problems because of it.

A proper regiment of diet and exercise, along with psychotherapy sessions on psychedelics with a shaman or trained professional should take care of it.

That same regiment could also take care of thousands of other diseases we have problems with today.

People would rather take the magic pill than maintain yourselves.

You need to find the root of the depression, covering it up will never bring a happy life, just a void.

Anti depressants can make you functional, but healthy is something else entirely.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Dating someone on antidepressants [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10429863 - 05/31/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There's some good advice over there, especially if you exclude all that stuff with going to a shaman and that depression happens only because the society is fucked.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom