Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTHEWALRUS
Stranger

Fly Agar Mushroom
    #10415753 - 05/28/09 08:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everyone, i was just wondering if anyone has tried the amanita muscaria mushroom or wawtever you want to call it, and how was the experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeh_Face
You may say I'm a dreamer...
Male

Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: THEWALRUS]
    #10416154 - 05/28/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have some in my room right now, just bought an Ounce of the second best grade you can get.

I have tried the crappiest grade, and got no effects.

The difference (at least visually) between the two grades is way different. The Grade As are only 4 huge caps in the O, while the B ones were mostly stems and small oddshaped caps. The A caps also have more of the white warts, which I have heard are wanted.

Im going to be trying them tomorrow morning. Ill let you know.

--------------------
Lemonous petals, dissident play,
Tasting of ergot,
Dancing by night, dying by day.
Blackening mushrooms drink in the rain,
Sinister nightblooms
Wilt with the dawn's welcoming pain.
You will find them in her eyes.

After all, it can only cost you your life, and you got that for free!

So this is how liberty dies... With thunderous applause.

OfflineTHEWALRUS
Stranger

Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: Teh_Face]
    #10416186 - 05/28/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

thx man, happy trippin

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: THEWALRUS]
    #10416432 - 05/28/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The warts are not the most potent part, they contain very little. The cuticle (red skin) and the thin yellow layer beneath it are most potent.

I've had very mixed luck with getting them online. One batch was good, the rest were very weak.  I much prefer the ones I pick myself. They're delicious fresh, but since they're out of season right now I just have the ones I dried, plus some that I canned and some I pickled to keep fresh.

Low doses are a nice tonic, better than caffeine and anxiolytic to boot.  Moderate doses are a lot like alcohol.  High doses produce a nice dream/fugue/visionary state where sounds and images come and go, all feeling like they have some tremendous significance, but which on sober reflection appear to be incomprehensible or nonsense.

Edit: The link in my sig has good info on them (the first part of the post is a guide to identification, the second part discusses preparation/use). Currently I'm writing a much more thorough monograph on the fly agaric that I intend for publication.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: Entropymancer]
    #10416454 - 05/28/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
The warts are not the most potent part, they contain very little. The cuticle (red skin) and the thin yellow layer beneath it are most potent.

I've had very mixed luck with getting them online. One batch was good, the rest were very weak.  I much prefer the ones I pick myself. They're delicious fresh, but since they're out of season right now I just have the ones I dried, plus some that I canned and some I pickled to keep fresh.

Low doses are a nice tonic, better than caffeine and anxiolytic to boot.  Moderate doses are a lot like alcohol.  High doses produce a nice dream/fugue/visionary state where sounds and images come and go, all feeling like they have some tremendous significance, but which on sober reflection appear to be incomprehensible or nonsense.

I was out last week and saw about 10 of those mushies growing under pine trees.

So they do not make you sick as crap? How much can you take to not feel sick? I always thought they are very poisonous.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #10416504 - 05/28/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldn't go picking just any kind of amanita.  most of them are very poisonous.  only the fly agaric and 1 other are any good.

plus i heard nothing but bad experiences off of these.  i have tried them before, just made me feel drunk.  and my farts were horrible for about a week.

make sure you know what you have before you indulge please

--------------------
Grow Room

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: drSE]
    #10416519 - 05/28/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Depends on where you live. Australian/New Zealand ones will only make you sick, no good effects. In most of the rest of the world they're much better.  You may sweat/salivate a lot, and if you eat a very large dose you're apt to puke (similar to a large dose of alcohol; their primary effect is on the same receptor).

But they ain't poisonous, unless you eat several dozen. I wouldn't suggest eating more than 5-6 medium caps unless you're comfortable with the effects (and no matter how comfortable you are with the effects, I can't see any need for a person to take more than 12-15... and in most cases that would be way too much to have any kind of decent time). I'd start with 1-2 caps for your first time, most likely this will only produce GABA-ergic intoxication, but depending on the potency the effects of a heavy dose might begin to manifest.

Much of the mycological literature refers to "muscaria poisoning syndrome" or some such thing, but the symptoms of this "poisoning syndrome" are basically identical to the effects people deliberately consume the mushroom for. I think the idea that they're poisonous comes from people unintentionally eating the mushroom (not realizing its psychoactivity) so when they feel intensely intoxicated or have a death/rebirth experience at a high (visionary-stupefacient) dose, they interpret it as having nearly died and being lucky to still be alive. In reality, their life was never in any danger. They were simply having an intense and unanticipated psychoactive experience.

Contrary to popular belief, there are other red- or orange-capped mushrooms with white spots that can be mistaken for a fly agaric.

Always make sure you're 100% certain of your ID before eating (posting an ID request in the Mushroom Hunting forum is a good idea if you're not sure of yourself). The guide linked in my sig is pretty thorough about exactly what you want to look for in making a positive ID (especially important are the concentric fuzzy rings at the base of the stipe).

They really are beautiful creatures though:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #10416547 - 05/28/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I should also mention that I only rarely take them at a full visionary/stupefacient dose.  Occasionally I brew up a few tablespoons for the intoxication they produce (much like being drunk). 

Most often I brew a small amount (2 powdered tsp of the dried mushrooms I picked myself) into a tea as a tonic. I appreciate them best for this low-dose effect. When they're in season, I like to cook a little fresh mushroom into all my meals.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
    #10416567 - 05/28/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Im in Australia so i think i wont touch those then :smile:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #10416721 - 05/28/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Amanita Muscaria before sleep FTW.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinelimebus26
Stranger

Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: deCypher]
    #10416873 - 05/28/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

unless you know what you are doing don't pick amanita's they are called the false death cap for a reason because they look like a death cap and are closely related amanita's cause most of the world's mushroom death's so if your going to try it please stick to a trusted vendor i used to go with a guy to pick yellow fly agaric's in my area i picked with him for 3 seasons he left i still won't go by myself to pick them amanita's are wonderful but you must understand they are way different then cubes and the such i suggest start small with dosage and make tea i use spiced chi with a lil milk and honey i leave the mush in i think it's yummy! on a side note if you toke i think amanita really increase the high of herb this just maybe me though i've had the red fly's and yellow's never tried the pantherina's so yea main point don't pick em without a expert mycologist around oh yea and enjoy

--------------------
If justice is blind why can't i wear flip-flops in court?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: limebus26]
    #10417096 - 05/28/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:rofl:

I seriously hope you're joking. If you manage to mistake a deathcap for a fly agaric, you pretty much deserve to die.  Deathcaps are white (or grey, or greenish, or cream) and have no spots.  Fly agarics are distinctively bright orange or red, and covered in spots.

None of the species that could be mistaken for fly agarics are deadly as far as I've been able to tell (most fall into the same chemotaxonomic group as Amanita muscaria).  They can probably make you very very ill, and you should always have 110% confidence in any mushroom ID before eating the mushroom. It's even theoretically possible that some lookalikes might contain amatoxins and be potentially lethal (though I've never found any evidence to substantiate this notion), but deathcaps are not one of those lookalikes.

But to say they look like deathcaps? I don't know where you even get that nonsense!

(And who has ever called them false deathcaps???? I've heard them called false caesars before, but never false deathcaps)

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10418274 - 05/29/09 08:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Entropymancer, I sure appreciate your contribution to the community by being so educational on Amanita muscaria.

Anyone interested in these mushrooms should definitely search through Entroymancer's posts, even though he pretty much broke it all down again in this post.

I like Amanitas.

Sometimes they feel like roll, sometimes they don't. :lol:

I like nibbling on small doses all day long.

I don't understand why people dislike the flavor so much. :shrug:

I have had good luck getting "A+++ Washington State Caps" from online vendors, especially around this time of year when they are freshly dried.

Entropymancer, do you find that it takes a while to get used to a batch?

Upon first taking them, I might have temporary cold sweats and stomach issues, but by day two I am good to go.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10418301 - 05/29/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys,
  Here in NY I find Amanita Muscara Guessowii. They are as good as Washington A++ caps or better.

anyone got any good extraction teks for them??? Last time I tried them I puked hard lol.

And I find plenty of deathcaps here and have no trouble differentiating them from other Amanitas.
  The deathcaps look very pretty and clean and white and I would imagine get mistaken for an edible more often than mistaken for a Muscaria.
  Old lady's saying  "oh look a Shitake"  lol

Edited by cpw1971 (05/29/09 08:26 AM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #10418425 - 05/29/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:
Entropymancer, do you find that it takes a while to get used to a batch?

Upon first taking them, I might have temporary cold sweats and stomach issues, but by day two I am good to go.

You know, I've never really considered it.  Back when I bought them online I always just got an ounce and jumped right in. With that small an amount, there wasn't really enough to get acclimated to a batch before they were gone (I'd often split the ounce with a friend and it'd be gone in a single experience).  Maybe that's part of why I found them so inconsistent.

Now that I just harvest them myself (free is a much better price), I've typically been consuming them a lot at smaller doses before I decide to indulge in a full-out visionary-stupefacient dose.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10418450 - 05/29/09 08:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, I see.

I have never taken a 15+ gram dose.

The body load from a few grams can be a bit overwhelming for me.

I would not want to risk multiplying the body load by five times to acheive visionary effects.

Is there a threshold of body load after consuming X amount of Amanita muscaria?

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #10418489 - 05/29/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You definitely sweat and salivate more when you take a larger dose, and the larger the dose the more likely you are to puke. But at a certain point the mental vision/fugue state outweighs the body-effects.  So I don't think there's exactly a threshold beyond which the body load won't increase, but at a certain dose (around 2 good-sized caps of the material I'm working with) your awareness of it decreases as the effects increase.

I really have to be in the mood for the strange mindset of a really heavy dose though.  I think a lot of people would enjoy fly agarics a lot more if they experimented with smaller doses.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #10418526 - 05/29/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

don't forget to recycle your doses everyone muahahaha  :piss:

Edited by cpw1971 (05/29/09 09:12 AM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: cpw1971]
    #10418536 - 05/29/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:hehehe:

I always have to laugh when people say that's the only way to really trip on them. :shake:  Drinking your pee is no more effective than just eating some more mushrooms.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Fly Agar Mushroom [Re: cpw1971]
    #10418543 - 05/29/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Done and done.

Entropy, I think you are right about more people liking them if they took small doses.

Sometimes, I will take all day just nibbling on one or two caps.

It feels like it is healthy and invigorating.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale