Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkyHigher
The White Rabbit
Male

Loc: The Pines, the pines.
WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help!
    #10410289 - 05/27/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

First off. I'm not a complete noob. I have one BRF cake grow under my belt. 23 1/2 pint jars, roughly a little over 4oz dry. I think it was a success. So now I'm on to bigger and better.

My WBS jars are almost done with no contams so far. I'm using teks found on this site. I have the ratios and what not figured out. I'm going to do one monotub and a couple trays in SG FC.

My question is this. Do I have to case WBS spawned to Coir/coffee/verm?

Also. Can I just put it in trays in my SG FC?

I plan on mixing my substrate and spawn in a separate bucket. Then fill my two trays with it and the rest in my monotub. Is this going to work?

I've used the search function alot. So plz, I don't need flamed on its ability. I did my first grow with minimal posts.

--------------------

"Total control now. Tooling along the main drag on a Saturday night in Vegas. Two good old boys in a fire-apple red convertible. Stoned. Ripped. Twisted. Good people." - Raoul Duke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help! [Re: SkyHigher]
    #10410452 - 05/27/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SkyHigher said:
My question is this. Do I have to case WBS spawned to Coir/coffee/verm?
No.
Also. Can I just put it in trays in my SG FC?
Yes, but elevate them off the perlite a little.
I plan on mixing my substrate and spawn in a separate bucket. Then fill my two trays with it and the rest in my monotub. Is this going to work?
I would do the monotub first, but yes it will be fine. Keep it clean.

Hope that helps,
:peace:

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help! [Re: Shroominit]
    #10410681 - 05/27/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I would do the monotub first, but yes it will be fine. Keep it clean.

I'd be more concerned about good distribution of the spawn than cleanliness for this (not that cleanliness is not important). If you get a tray/ tub or even a splotch from one that has too little spawn in it it could invite contams particularly with coffee grounds. That said if mixed well and clean, many industrial setups do mix the sub and spawn before putting it into trays and whatnot. Personaly I'd pre-mix mix the spawn/sub in a larger tub rather than a bucket because of the ease with which one could do this task in a much larger and wider container. Though I am not sure exactly how big this bucket or your tubs/trays are.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help! [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10410694 - 05/27/09 10:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

When I mix, I make sure it's very even, figured everyone did that.

One thing to add is that you could just layer the bulk sub/spawn and not have that problem. I've never layered, but heard that it works well.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help! [Re: Shroominit]
    #10410717 - 05/27/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I do layers. :yesnod: Seems to work ok.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineSkyHigher
The White Rabbit
Male

Loc: The Pines, the pines.
Re: WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help! [Re: Doc_T]
    #10410996 - 05/27/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

How many? Just till the substrate is gone? Not higher than 3-4 inches? And I believe I read somewhere to make sure all the substrate is covered..? And, that the frosting layer is a bad idea?

--------------------

"Total control now. Tooling along the main drag on a Saturday night in Vegas. Two good old boys in a fire-apple red convertible. Stoned. Ripped. Twisted. Good people." - Raoul Duke.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: WBS spawned to Coir/Verm/Coffee question. PLZ help! [Re: SkyHigher]
    #10411410 - 05/28/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SkyHigher said:
How many? Just till the substrate is gone? Not higher than 3-5 inches? And I believe I read somewhere to make sure all the substrate is covered..? And, that the frosting layer is a bad idea?

make sure ALL the SPAWN is covered, and yes the frosting layer of SPAWN is bad but a thin 1/2" layer of SUBSTRATE on top works well.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds