Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineManyAk
Not A Shitgiver
Male

Loc: Somewhere but not here
How to deal with Epilepsy and Shrooms?
    #10408498 - 05/27/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

LONG STORY ahead!

One of my best buddies has epilepsy. But it's not the kind of epilepsy that can hit him at any time given, he has a particular sort of epilepsy (I forgot the name sorry). He'll have an attack only when he's REALLY tired, or REALLY wasted, or when he just woke up. When his cells go from one state to another, they might go crazy and that causes him the epilepsy attack.

Now, I really like to trip with him, so I want to help him. Last time we tripped together, he took 5g of dried Shrooms, and about 1-2 hours after ingestion, went outside and smoked Cannabis. When he came back, he was just standing there in the middle of the room, silent and weird-looking. Eventually, he just fell on the ground, head first, and did not speak for the rest of the trip. I was tripping on around 3g as well, and so were the others with us, so nobody was able to actually "help" him.

When I came back to reality, I realised what was going on and went to talk to him. He had his eyes opened, he was looking at me but didn't answer any of my questions, and now and then he would do some really messed up hand movements, like a robot, like a machine. I wasn't sober yet, and I thought he was having an attack because of THAT much Shrooms and Cannabis. I called the hospital, explained the situation, and did not listen to their advice, which was "omg he might die bring him asap!". Instead, I called his mother, I knew she was a nurse. It was like 4am, I felt bad waking her up, but explained to her what was going on with his son and that I think he's having an attack and I don't know what to do.

After that, we were just waiting for her to come. And suddenly, he fucking wakes up, stands up and is like "hahaha what the fuck is going on?!?!". We explained to him the situation, and that he freaked us out so we called his mother. He was like "ahh shit", but eventually, his mother came and took him.

Later on, I learned that he was NOT having an attack, he was just tripping balls as fuck! Now that I think of it, it's pretty obvious, but I was scared for him and was still tripping, so I think I took the right decision even though he had to deal with his parents afterwards. Anyways, from that point, he told me he was going to stop taking Shrooms because his mother, who works with mentally-ill people, so she knows what she's talking about, said that it's very dangerous to consume such substances with his condition. He told me that one of his friends, who has the same condition, took a lot of drugs when he was a teenager, and is now in a psychiatric hospital, so he doesn't want the same thing to happen to him.

I don't want any bad things to happen to him at all, so I'm asking you guys' advices. A few weeks after that even, after he had time to digest his trip, we talked about it and came to the conclusion that it was definitely a level 5 trip, with possible ego-death. To make things worse, we have another Shroom trip planned this friday, heh. We both want to take around 1,5g lemon tek'd, but I still feel somewhat insecure about all this.

I will most definitely keep an eye on him, and act faster if anything happens to him. But I want to know if tripping on Shrooms has any effect on Epilepsy. Can it make him have an attack, will it make his condition worse over time, OR are there no other dangers whatsoever and he was just having the trip of his life?

Thank you for reading such a long post, I didn't expect it to be this long, heh, but any advice, suggestion or similar story will be appreciated!

--------------------
                                  we are all luminous beings
why then do we not appear before each other radiant in our illumination

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: How to deal with Epilepsy and Shrooms? [Re: ManyAk]
    #10408634 - 05/27/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This is a tough decision, I'd ultimately leave it up to your friend, but heres my take on it (keep in mind that I'm some guy on the internet, not a doctor).

From what I know about epilepsy, its not the kind of thing that will leave you in a mental hospital. Its a neurological condition that causes seizures not a mental condition. Based on this, I'd say it might be less safe for your friend to take shrooms, but it won't make him crazy. From what you're saying, he might have to worry about a seizure from the shrooms, but from a quick google search it seems like the seizures aren't actually dangerous; the person can only be injured if they physically harm themself during the seizure.

His mother and other medical professionals would probably disagree with me, but you have to remember that psychedelic drugs are basically a step down from crack when you're talking to a doctor. The problem is, even a doctor who isn't an anti-drug psycho will still believe all the propaganda the government puts out about these drugs (acid stays in your spinal fluid forever, ect.). Also every case they deal with that involves psychedelics involves someone having a terrible trip or hurting themselves, they just don't have contact with the majority of people who use psychedelics safely. In most cases a doctor will be unintentionally biased.

Basically, your friend is probably safe to trip. :thumbup:

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: How to deal with Epilepsy and Shrooms? [Re: teeter]
    #10408777 - 05/27/09 04:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

as much as I hate to say this,like said be for it is purely up to him if he wants to trip again,but IMO it sound's best if he leaves it alone.How would you feel if you gave your boy "that final dose" that leaves him permanently fucked from the combination of epilepsy and a mind altering substance.I'm not a doctor but I think the risk of psychosis due to tripping and having a seizure would be way greater than the next mans.But who am I to say anything,LOL I suffer from bad anxiety and I still trip,but boy does it suck when you have a panic attack while tripping.

OfflineOfTheVoid46
Timeless
Male

Loc: USA
Re: How to deal with Epilepsy and Shrooms? [Re: DNBplus]
    #23625288 - 09/08/16 10:08 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

First of all I know this is old but I'm epileptic, found this via Google and I know others will find it also.

Long story short: No tryptamines have ever bothered my epilepsy directly but, I don't stress even during bad trips.
Stress is a major trigger for a lot of epileptics as is lack of sleep.

If you're considering shrooming with epilepsy you need to think about more than just the chemicals themselves like how you'll handle them mentally and if they'll affect your sleep schedule.

Sorry to necro but in this case I thought it would be of a benefit.

--------------------

Offlineeddi
Stranger
Re: How to deal with Epilepsy and Shrooms? [Re: OfTheVoid46]
    #24681713 - 10/03/17 06:16 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OfTheVoid46 said:
First of all I know this is old but I'm epileptic, found this via Google and I know others will find it also.

Long story short: No tryptamines have ever bothered my epilepsy directly but, I don't stress even during bad trips.
Stress is a major trigger for a lot of epileptics as is lack of sleep.

If you're considering shrooming with epilepsy you need to think about more than just the chemicals themselves like how you'll handle them mentally and if they'll affect your sleep schedule.

Sorry to necro but in this case I thought it would be of a benefit.

Thank you, I was about to post a new topic about this but your insight answered my questions. :smile:
I have only taken mushrooms around 10 times, but never since I developed epilepsy about 8 years ago. Needless to say I'm little anxious!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag