Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change [TX]
    #10399339 - 05/25/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change
May 25, 2009 - WFAA

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS - A North Texas man's death could change how police serve warrants.

The son of true crime author Barbara Davis was shot and killed by police almost a decade ago. North Richland Hills only recently agreed to settle a lawsuit against a former city police officer in relation to that shooting.

That put an end to one chapter, but now Davis said she wants to start a new one that could ultimately change state law.

Troy James Davis died a few weeks before Christmas. Acting on an erroneous tip they would find large amounts of marijuana there, a North Richland Hills SWAT team stormed into his mother's home in 1999.

"They wanted to make a big bust," Davis said.

While no pot was inside the home, Officer Allen Hill shot Davis' son to death next to the Christmas tree. The officer claimed Troy had a gun.

Law enforcement surveillance video captured Davis' stunned reaction upon learning of her son's death.

Citing internal pressures, Officer Hill resigned after the shooting. But, the questions continued. Last year, a judge allowed a federal lawsuit against the former officer to move forward. At the time, Davis said she hoped the entire truth of what happened that day would come to light, including her claim crime scene photos prove a gun was planted at the scene.

"I know my son's at peace, but I am not," she said.

This month, the North Texas grandmother may finally find that peace. Court records show a settlement's been reached in the case.

"I'm happy with it," she said. "I'm able to move forward."

Davis isn't allowed to discuss the details of the settlement, but said she's still taking her story to the public in a push for legislation that would ban so-called "no-knock warrants." She said she believes that is the reason her son is dead today.

"I have total respect for police officers," she said. "Troy's father was one for 15 years before he passed away. He would have just opened the door and seen what they wanted."

The city of North Richland Hills was dropped from the lawsuit, but the city's attorney continues to represent the former officer, with the city footing the bill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change [TX] [Re: veggie]
    #10399353 - 05/25/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

they planted a gun after killing him how despicable

--------------------

InvisibleTherian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change [TX] [Re: Coaster]
    #10402132 - 05/26/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Where did it say they planted a gun? I read that they claimed he had a gun, but it didn't read that anyone was accused of planting one.  Hell, where I come from they shoot unarmed college students while they are committing the crime of standing in their living rooms.  Better yet later the college student goes to trial after having his lung and liver blown out for selling someone 3 GRAMS of pot!

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change [TX] [Re: Therian]
    #10402149 - 05/26/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"At the time, Davis said she hoped the entire truth of what happened that day would come to light, including her claim crime scene photos prove a gun was planted at the scene."

OfflineCowFarmer
Moo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change [TX] [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #10403635 - 05/26/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: Mom of man killed in warrant search pushing for change [TX] [Re: CowFarmer]
    #10404171 - 05/26/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Fucking NRH  cops !!  I'v been in that damn jail like three times ...

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom