Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Piracetam+Shrooms
    #10389158 - 05/24/09 01:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Has anybody ever tried magic mushrooms in combination with a drug called piracetam. It goes into the nootropics category: type of compounds that make your brain work somewhat better. Piracetam acts on the ion channels in the brain and contributes to the higher speed of nerve impulses. It also increases the oxygen supply to the brain tissue. It is used by mountain climbers(cause of the low O2 levels up in the mountain), dementia patients(it increases your memorizing abilities) and students during session(again with the memory thing). I've heard that combining LSD and piracetam results in a more visually intensive trip (not all users experience this). It has very low toxicity: u can take like 10 grams a day and u will be okay. I have experimented only with weed and I remember that it helped me to keep my  mind clear. After I stopped taking the drug my high became normal again like really messed-up. I want to know if there is someone who has experience with shrooms and piracetam.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Piracetam+Shrooms [Re: mellowparty]
    #10389167 - 05/24/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ya lots of ppl take it to make their trips better its very common

--------------------

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Piracetam+Shrooms [Re: mellowparty]
    #10390200 - 05/24/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

if you do so, i'd like to hear a trip report.

--------------------

Offlineneg1990

Re: Piracetam+Shrooms [Re: Taco Chef]
    #23712163 - 10/06/16 05:40 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I am in the process of coming down from a particularly incredible experience off of these two substances. Will update when able.

POST TRIP EDIT:

Background details: I have been dosing with 800mg of Piracetam twice a day for approximately 2.5 weeks - i'd say that at this point I am fully saturated and experience its full effects (mental clarity, improved short term memory, sharper focus, verbal fluidity).

Before dosing with the shrooms I had a nice conversation with my Mother on the phone that ended with "I love you Mum". I also told my wife that I loved her, she was staying at her sisters place. I find my trips have less anxiety if i've prepared to die - morbid I know, but hey? It works.

I was solo for this trip. Set and setting were perfect. (I'll take a photo to show you soon)

T-4hrs : Last 800mg piracetam dose

T-0hrs : 2grams of dried Psilocybe Subaeruginosa brewed with sliced ginger and lemon  (level 4 dose but not taking into consideration the Piracetam)

T+1hrs : Heavy body load, just managed to throw my trip playlist together and get comfy on the floor with a yoga mat and foam roller.

T+1.5 : Starfished on the floor at this point, focusing on my breathing to move the bodyload out to my extremities, once achieved the body load starts shifting to the music. Space becomes a 3-dimensional matrix that ripples to the beat of the music. Strong closed-eye visuals of fractals, spirals and Aztec like artwork all combined.

T+2 : Open eye visuals, trailing and warping occurring but I prefer to keep my eyes closed. The bodily sensations intensify as the 3d matrix shifts and transforms more aggressively to the music. I simply focus on my breathing and maintain to myself that "im ok and this is awesome".

I start to feel a strange sensation starting in my right hand. Almost like a fluttering of muscle spasms. I am able to consciously prevent them but in doing so I am not "letting go" and it feels like I am resisting an experience of the trip.

I remember that Piracetam can lower the seizure threshold and become mildly concerned about having a seizure.

I active acknowledged that I am ready to die and to fully let go into what the trip has to offer but as the feeling of the potential seizure crept over my body I wasnt sure if it was right.

Perhaps this wasn't the ego death I was anticipating and instead a potential seizure caused by the Piracetam lowering seizure threshold and shrooms doing something weird. This feeling kept creeping back every time I tried to "let go" in the moment. Starting with minor muscle spasms that slowly grew in intensity.

I had Xanax on hand and so decided to take .5mg for its anti-convulsive properties (raises the seizure threshold)

T+2.5 : Still feeling quite nervous about the sensation of the seizure creeping up on me. I take another .5mg xanax and head upstairs to my bedroom. I turn off the lights and music and sit alone with my thoughts. I was still tripping quite hard, standing and moving my arms around was influencing a 3-dimensional matrix of fractals. I notice that I am oddly lucid throughout the whole experience.

T+3 onwards : The Xanax has definitely taken the edge off that creepy seizure feeling. Im still tripping. I can use my phone to type things briefly but it soon becomes this weird mashup of symbols that splay out from every pixel and becomes incomprehensible and overwhelming. I move my music source from the main HiFi system to a portable BT speaker and take it into the shower with me. The shower is nice and grounds me, im slowly on the way down.

T+4 Only feeling lingering psychedelic effects, Xanax is providing a comforting heaviness.

POST TRIP ANALYSIS:

In hindsight, Piracetam definitely potentiated the psychedelic effects of the trip. I also believe it added a profound lucidity to the trip which I highly value. I was able to be extremely introspective and still maintain rational thought.

However, knowing that Piracetam can lower the seizure threshold and then experiencing what I could only interpret as the start of a seizure was very unnerving and concerning.

I wont be trying this combination again.

Stay safe everybody!

EDIT: Attached a photo of my trip space. SET AND SETTING FRIENDS!

:trippinbawelz:

Edited by neg1990 (10/06/16 08:36 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds