Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepsychoticsnail
just a freak on the freak train
Male

Loc: AUSTRALIA
anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour
    #10380893 - 05/22/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i have problem that i need some help understanding

would appreciate greatly someone with a background in psychology to give some advise

cheers

--------------------
Good mescaline comes on slow, the first hour is all waiting......then about halfway through the second hour you start cursing the creep who's burned you cause nothings happening and then ..........INSANE!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsychoticsnail
Male

Re: anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour [Re: psychoticsnail]
    #10380965 - 05/22/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm i guess i should ask the question in order to get some response.....

i had a messy relationship basd on co dependence, drugs and alcohol with a woman after our best friend died, we both moved away and have since lost contact.
i just recieved a very drunk phone call to laugh at all the dumb shit we used to get up to and in the middle of this conversation she asked me to have a baby with her...........i was dumbfounded it seems like shes in a very desperate frame of mind why would anyone do this, we were only together for 6 months and its was extremely messy i dont want to just say no way are you insane as i care about her and my guess is theres something else very wrong .

i know this is a random question but hey that sometimes the best thing about forums no one who knows you has to know and you can get some intellegent advise instead of a mate saying "thats fucked up bro"

thanks in advance

--------------------
Good mescaline comes on slow, the first hour is all waiting......then about halfway through the second hour you start cursing the creep who's burned you cause nothings happening and then ..........INSANE!!

InvisibleLSD soundsystem
Stranger

Loc: Dylan Carlson's Earth
    #10380989 - 05/22/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

there are endless reasons why people are the way they are. she just wanted the dick.

Edited by LSD soundsystem (05/22/09 09:02 AM)

Offlinepsychoticsnail
Male

Re: anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour [Re: LSD soundsystem]
    #10381047 - 05/22/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LSD soundsystem said:
there are endless reasons why people are the way they are. she just wanted the dick.

not to offend but did i say intellegent advise :wink:

--------------------

Offlineshagnito
Stranger
Male

#10381162 - 05/22/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Personally it sounds like she still has feelings for you and she knows that she would always have you in her life if she "trapped" you with a kid.  They say a drunk man tells no lies, well they also dont use common sense.  If she had called you at 2 pm on a wednesday stone cold sober, that would be totally different.  Personally I wouldnt go down that road.  (been in those types of relationships) That type of environment is not one you should bring up a child in.  If you had strong SOBER relationship with her, you could go from there alot easier.  How old are you?  How long did you have the relationship?

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour (moved) [Re: psychoticsnail]
    #10381179 - 05/22/09 09:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology.

Reason:
More appropriate for physical and mental well-being

Offlinepsychoticsnail
Male

Re: anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour [Re: shagnito]
    #10381260 - 05/22/09 10:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks shagnito

i would never go down that road my feeling exactly this form of relationship is destructive and is not a healthy enviroment for anyone let alone a defenseless child,
i was with her for around 6-8 months ( bit hazy on timeframe)
i cant understand why she would want to trap me just dont seem like her i more so feel as if she feels helpless in terms of finding another guy and thinks a child might give her the forward direction and someone to care about and get her life into some form of order,
its a hard one i want to talk to her when she is sober and ask her if thats what she feels however theres no way i can be involved always a friend never a father,
was having such a good night too this one has got me thinkin WTF

--------------------

Offlinepsychoticsnail
Male

#10381273 - 05/22/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

oh and im 25 shes 10 yrs older which is also cooky i know but co dependence relationships generally are

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #10381290 - 05/22/09 10:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There's many ways in which you can tell her that her idea doesn't sound so good, without insulting her or making her feel sad, but first you should think about what seems to be the reason for which she has made such a proposal, since you weren't expecting this and there wasn't anything going on to make it sound related. Asking her about her feelings and state of mind would be a great start, along with reflecting on the things you've been through with her.
From what you said here, it looks like she sees in you a big emotional support, idealizing what you two shared. You saying that you two got close when a friend of yours died could hold many answers, so you could talk to her about this too.

If you feel like there's anything else to add, then feel free to do so.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinepsychoticsnail
Male

Re: anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10381327 - 05/22/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

-mushroom trip ,

We got together about two days after the wake had been drinking heavily n doing drugs so theres no question in my mind thats why this started, as time went on and the more messy i got i confused this fantasy relationship with a solid well thought out one that involved two people sharing their life together,
its been well over a year i have cleaned myself up and learnt alot about what i was doing and the destructive nature of the relationship we had, i fear she has not taken this time to learn about herself, what it is she wants out of life and instead has continued to fog her emotions with false hope.
I definatly need to talk with her and ask these things, its very worring to see a friend / ex going down the same path that messed up so many lives when we were an item

--------------------

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#10384508 - 05/23/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like you are both dependent on each other a tiny bit different degrees both ways... i would get close to her again help her if thats what you want... dont have a baby fuckin stupid imo... thanks for listening to my opinion :smile:

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
Re: anyone with with knowlegde of unusual human behaviour [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #10391202 - 05/24/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I go with MushroomTrip, idealizing images of the past is a habit to the human mind - you say you both were codependent - in today's world drugs and alcohol are often seen as a symptom to and not the cause of problems people face.. Do you know yourself why you have this dependency issue to drugs and drink? How do you rate your life, what happened to start the path of escapism? and escape from what?

This woman has the same questions to answer and it's no secret that women can be devious (see trapped via kid above).. the thing here is to look at it subjectively; if you could see yourself raising a child with her and if she seems to offer something of a secure base where you could both build a substance-free, loving home for your future child and selves - then sure, go for it.  But do ask yourself, truly, what is the nature of your drug and drink problem.  If you see clearly enough to help yourself and her, you're already half the strong man you could be with her.  Negative childhood issues and past experiences are often the causes to joining the path of escapism (substance use)

--------------------
Not all drugs are good, Some are great.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom