Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebp3
A freak, in the freak kingdom
 User Gallery

Question About Incubator Heat Source
    #10379195 - 05/21/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone. So I need some advice, last week, i bought an aquarium heater for my incubator, and on the box it said 'submersible', there were many more heaters in the section that were also labeled 'submersible', and they all looked alike. Generally like this ---

Now the thing is there is a line right at the top of the glass tube, that says 'DO NOT FILL ABOVE THIS POINT'. I am wondering if I fill above the line if the heater will be ruined. I saw on a mushroom supplies site a heater that they sold for incubators, that was basically a pop bottle with an aquarium heater in the hole of the bottle, and the top of the heater stuck out. It said that you just set the heater to the right temperature, fill the bottle with water, seal it off, and put the bottle in a box to incubate. Is this a good idea? Or can I put my heater all the way under the water? Do any of you guys have heaters like this? What do you do?

--------------------
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Edited by bp3 (05/21/09 11:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejcyril23
Consciousness Cultivator

Loc: Colliefornia
Re: Question About Incubator Heat Source [Re: bp3]
    #10379487 - 05/22/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

placing your jars in halve way or so into the warm water of a filled tank should be fine

--------------------
Join The TruthDeoxy.org
Erowid.orgis a member-supported organization providing access to reliable, non bias, non-judgmental information about psychoactive plants, chemicals, and related issues

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Question About Incubator Heat Source [Re: jcyril23]
    #10379573 - 05/22/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Mine has that line on it too.  It is fully submerged and has been for months.  Often, at pet stores, you see those heaters sitting at the bottom of their fish tanks.  Because I had been witnessing that at pet shops for years, I concluded that it must not be that bad and just went ahead with the submersion of my own.  No problems.

Nice drawing, btw.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question About Incubator Heat Source [Re: Ped]
    #10379734 - 05/22/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I just picked up an aquarium heater yesterday to make a heat bomb.  I spent about 10 minutes looking over the heaters.  Some had the line and some didn't.  I bought one that didn't have the fill to line, plus it showed horizontal and vertical placement in the aquarium as OK.

I also bought a "big slam" of Mt. Dew, for use as the bomb.  It was the first time I drank that in a while, now I'm having problems getting tired..lol

But, I was thinking since I got to fill it up with water anyhow, I am just going to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a 1 liter bottle of Aquafina water, I'm pretty sure they have big slam type openings at the top to fit the heater.

I bought a 100 watt heater, that should be plenty.

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Offlinenoggin
jiggly
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Question About Incubator Heat Source [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10379987 - 05/22/09 03:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dude you've got mad paint skills!

OfflineChrisWho
Psilosopher

Re: Question About Incubator Heat Source [Re: noggin]
    #10380243 - 05/22/09 04:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

^ agreed.

But I have one exactly like that in my reef aquarium, and it gets sumberged over the line all the time... I wouldn't worry.

--------------------
Drugs don't have spiritual potential, human beings have spiritual potential. And it may be that we need techniques to move us in that direction, and the use of psychoactive drugs clearly is one path that has helped many people.
-Andrew Weil

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies