Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXynTheRipper
open your mind
Male
Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!!
    #10379189 - 05/21/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My friend is having severe swelling. He is not with me but we're on the phone. He says his whole body is swelling and he feels himself getting bigger. He says this happened on shrooms once and now he's on LSD. He thinks he is allergic to tryptamines. Normally I would just say he's hallucinating and call him a dumbass but this guy has a 184 IQ and is the smartest person I know. He never acts stupid on drugs so I believe him. He says it looks like fluid build up beneath the skin or something. Does anyone know what's going on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJorkest
Stranger

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: XynTheRipper] * 1
    #10379192 - 05/21/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hes tripping really hard

--------------------
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Jorkest]
    #10379215 - 05/21/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

He's fine. Unless he belongs in the medical journals, he'll be alright.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Jorkest]
    #10379216 - 05/21/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm:

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

#10379217 - 05/21/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Insure him that no one has ever died from tryptamines and that he should relax, change scenery or take benzos to kill the trip.

The worst thing that could happen is that he freaks himself out so much that he develops post traumatic stress. (don't tell him that last part just persuade him to calm down.)

Offlinedanny420
Stranger
    #10379228 - 05/21/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

He's probably tripping really hard, it doesnt really matter how smart you are everyone can have frightening trips. If thats not the case maybe go make sure hes not dieing or something,is my only suggestion.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: XynTheRipper]
    #10379247 - 05/21/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

try to just get conversation going to take his mind off his body. Change conversation to something he's excited or feels strongly about. Get him to change his music, dim the lights, and just go with it. I'm guessing he's probably just tripping real hard. Probably psyching himself out. IQ doesn't really mean shit in this context.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: danny420]
    #10379258 - 05/21/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

IQ has nothing to do with seeing 'past' visual hallucinations...

He should have called you before he ate the acid, to have you trip sit and tell him that he is still normal sized.

OR: bring him to the hospital knowing full well that nothing is wrong with him and bring yet another story to the media about how bad psychedelics are. Its ultimately up to you.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: XynTheRipper]
    #10379284 - 05/21/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think being allergic to psilocin/psilocybin is physically impossible. It's so closely related to endogenous neurotransmitters that I can't imagine an antibody that tolerates human biochemistry but doesn't tolerate psilocin/psilocybin.

Of course it's entirely possible to be allergic to other chemicals in psilocybin mushrooms, don't get me wrong. But the probability of having an allergy to a compound in psilocybin mushrooms and to be allergic to LSD is so low as to be virtually impossible.

My money is that he's just tripping. If he's really concerned, I guess he could treat himself to the nightmare that is going to the ER on LSD.

OfflineSpanoonapS
Atlantian
Male

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #10379570 - 05/22/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

tell him Alice got bigger too... he will be fine

--------------------

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: SpanoonapS]
    #10379634 - 05/22/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

XynTheRipper, do tell us what comes of this horrible situation though, won't you?

The more I think about it: you could just tell him to make numerous small incisions on the fluid filled sacks with a steak knife to drain the pus out. Just a thought though, I'm no doctor.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Moonraker]
    #10379646 - 05/22/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

#10379824 - 05/22/09 01:40 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

XynTheRipper said:
but this guy has a 184 IQ and is the smartest person I know. He never acts stupid on drugs so I believe him.

Sometimes intelligent people tend to over-think things. For example, someone who is very knowledgeable about various diseases and illnesses could easily become a hypochondriac. I'm thinking he is just tripping hard. You could have him send you a picture if he is super worried, and you can reassure him that he is fine. Or maybe you could just pay him a visit?

OfflineEleanorRigby
cant remember old username

Loc: Flag
Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: phaseflux]
    #10379939 - 05/22/09 02:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

IQ doesnt mean shit in any context, he can't be that 'intelligent' if he doesnt even realise its just the psychedelic effects comming on. but so what? what does it matter, were all human. but maybe it matters alot to someone who kids thereself into thinking that they are clever, just because they are good at clicky number and color games. we all have games were good at..

he should have been advised not to look in the mirror.

otherwise advise anti-histamines

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
    #10379951 - 05/22/09 02:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Unless he took 10+ mg of LSD, he shouldn't die. He's almost certainly just tripping.
Also, no IQ test goes to 184. Either he knew you'd fall for it, or he made it up and really believes it (surprisingly common).

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10379977 - 05/22/09 03:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have experienced swelling of my extremities before on mushrooms and LSD. I have also heard of several people here on the shroomery running into this issue with mushrooms. I remember one shroomerite said he would have to take any rings off his fingers before tripping because of this.....

So there is a chance that he is experiencing swelling...But at the same time he is tripping and the swelling probably appears exaggerated.

--------------------

OfflinePlatypus
Cities of the future

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Malfoy]
    #10380003 - 05/22/09 03:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Bright: 115-129, or one in six (84th percentile)
Moderately Gifted: 130-144, or 1 in 50 (97.9th percentile)
Highly gifted: 145-159, or 1 in 1000 (99.9th percentile)   
Exceptionally gifted: 160-174, or 1 in 30,000 (99.997th percentile)
Profoundly gifted: 175+, or 1 in 3 million (99.99997th percentile)

Malfoy is right. So either he is a stephan hawking prodigy, Or I call BS.

ON TOPIC, Although an allergy to LSD is possible, It is so highly unlikely, its stupid.
He is more likely to win the lottery 2 times in 5 minutes and then an hour later get hit by a comet the size of a car, and survive.
Not being ignorant, Just saying :laugh:

--------------------
"Good karma may not buy you a meal, but it will cause someone to share a meal with you if you're hungry" -Wiccan_Seeker

Edited by Platypus (05/22/09 03:20 AM)

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Platypus]
    #10380014 - 05/22/09 03:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

this guy is just tripping nut sack

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: Moonraker]
    #10380044 - 05/22/09 03:40 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Moonraker said:
The more I think about it: you could just tell him to make numerous small incisions on the fluid filled sacks with a steak knife to drain the pus out. Just a thought though, I'm no doctor.

:lol:

That's an awful idea.

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: My friend is having an allergic reaction to LSD & shrooms help!! [Re: wildchild68]
    #10380171 - 05/22/09 04:38 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wildchild68 said:
Quote:

Moonraker said:

:lol:

That's an awful idea.

i so fucking second that! i hope Moonraker was joking.... lol!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract