Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblegus330
Stranger
Male

Loc: south Flag
pf tek
    #10354893 - 05/17/09 06:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i'm a noob here andwould like to know where do i get pre sterilized jars does someone know a reliable vendor someone has used there results would be appreciated

--------------------
favorite links

Edited by gus330 (05/17/09 06:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluedavenger
Tacoherder
Male User Gallery

Re: pf tek [Re: gus330]
    #10354909 - 05/17/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You should be able to buy the jars at any wal-mart. If you mean by pre-sterilized jars w/ sub in them, then check out the vendors. There is alot to choose from.

--------------------
Lifes a b**** and then you die.
F*** the world lets go get high.
And if at first you dont succeed,
Try again with better weed!!!
:ganja:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: pf tek [Re: bluedavenger]
    #10354931 - 05/17/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

To hell with walmart.  Buy from anywhere else but those bastards.  Every grocery store should have 1/2 pint wide mouth jars.  Follow the brf tek page and videos and you'll succeed.  You don't need to buy pre-sterilized jars.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblegus330
Stranger
Male

Re: pf tek [Re: bluedavenger]
    #10354935 - 05/17/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

are they reliable

--------------------
favorite links

Invisiblegus330
Stranger
Male

#10354940 - 05/17/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thank you i will try that

--------------------
favorite links

Invisiblegus330
Stranger
Male

#10354956 - 05/17/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what if they dont have them i'v looked every where all they had was regular half pint or pint ball jars

--------------------
favorite links

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10354968 - 05/17/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I totally agree with RR, FUCK walmart in their greedy asses.  If you cannot find any 1/2 pint wide mouth, ask you local hardware store to order some for you. They will be happy to do it and if they ask what you are canning, tell them clean peaches and try to look like a homo, this should stop anymore questions.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineStealthgrower
n00b Pwner
 User Gallery

Re: pf tek [Re: george castanza]
    #10355001 - 05/17/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

or if you don't want to attract other homos in the store, just say you're wanting to can whole tomatoes, peaches, or peppers or something and leave it at that.  Personally, I just excuse my use for supplies with one sentence and I find people don't usually pry.  If they do, just ask them what's up with the 20 questions.  That usually shuts em up.

--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pf tek [Re: Stealthgrower]
    #10355041 - 05/17/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stealthgrower said:
or if you don't want to attract other homos in the store, just say you're wanting to can whole tomatoes, peaches, or peppers or something and leave it at that.  Personally, I just excuse my use for supplies with one sentence and I find people don't usually pry.  If they do, just ask them what's up with the 20 questions.  That usually shuts em up.

I ask for vermiculite at lowes once and the guy replied "what do you need it for"  I answered, "None of your God damn business"  then he tried to tell me that they didn't sell vermiculite anywhere anymore because of the asbestos scare, so i told him that he was full of shit and split.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblegus330
Stranger
Male

#10355057 - 05/17/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

can you use a big pot instead of a pc to sterilize

--------------------
favorite links

OfflineDudester67
eat a dick win a pony
Re: pf tek [Re: Stealthgrower]
    #10355060 - 05/17/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

...or just say you're buying them for your elderly mother.  This works great for garden supplies when you don't know what the legit purpose of a product is.  Mothers love to garden.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pf tek [Re: Dudester67]
    #10355074 - 05/17/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dudester67 said:
...or just say you're buying them for your elderly mother.  This works great for garden supplies when you don't know what the legit purpose of a product is.  Mothers love to garden.

Or if you are really young, you could just say that Grandma sent me to get them, no one ever questions Grandma.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineDudester67
eat a dick win a pony
    #10355131 - 05/17/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

gus330, first of all, YES you can use a pot to steam sterilize.  Watch the videos that RR linked for you in his post.

But I actually think buying pre-sterilized substrate jars can be a good idea for noobs.  You get jars with holes punched in the lids that you can use for future use (which you'd have to buy anyway).  You instantly bypass some of the more challenging parts of the process- no worrying about ingredient ratios, moisture content, sterilization, etc.  It increases your chance of success and allows you to have something of a trial to see if you like the process and want to continue the hobby.  Gus, go to ebay and search for "substrate jars" and see what comes up.  I'm sure you could get 12 pre-sterilized half pint BRF jars for about $40 shipped.  Check the seller's feedback for reliability.

Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh, USA
    #10355174 - 05/17/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
Quote:

Stealthgrower said:

I ask for vermiculite at lowes once and the guy replied "what do you need it for"  I answered, "None of your God damn business"  then he tried to tell me that they didn't sell vermiculite anywhere anymore because of the asbestos scare, so i told him that he was full of shit and split.

were they illegal mexicans?

--------------------
My Journal

Invisiblegus330
Stranger
Male

#10355179 - 05/17/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the info i bought a grow kit from homestead books and it started fruiting about three days ago i have a better idea what is going on but still what to learn alot i bought a b+ strain and was going to knock up those jars with it

--------------------
favorite links

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pf tek [Re: oh_you_know]
    #10355192 - 05/17/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

oh_you_know said:
Quote:

george castanza said:
Quote:

Stealthgrower said:

were they illegal mexicans?

Na, just some random douche bag.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10355194 - 05/17/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I would not go to ebay. I and aot of other like to call it evil bay, and while you may get something decent, you really dont know what your getting, how its been prepared, when it was prepared etc.

If you want to get pre prepared sterilised stuff, stick with our vendors.

The pf tek really isnt that difficult. 2 parts verm, 1 part water 1 part brf.

If you really cant get wide mouth jars, you can use 1/2 pint drinking glasses,with foil lids. It works, not ideal but works ok.

But i do suggest gettin canning jars.

follow the videos on RR site and you wont go wrong.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinebluedavenger
Tacoherder
Male User Gallery

#10355566 - 05/17/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
I totally agree with RR, FUCK walmart in their greedy asses.  If you cannot find any 1/2 pint wide mouth, ask you local hardware store to order some for you. They will be happy to do it and if they ask what you are canning, tell them clean peaches and try to look like a homo, this should stop anymore questions.

:blush::thumbup:

--------------------
Lifes a b**** and then you die.
F*** the world lets go get high.
And if at first you dont succeed,
Try again with better weed!!!
:ganja:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate