Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushyMan420
Mush Dr.
Male User Gallery

cake not fully finished.....
    #10354357 - 05/17/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

iv got 3 jars and I'm making a dub tub with about 5 to 7 in of bulk sub and crumbled colonized cakes layered about 7 layers sub, cake,sub etc.... two of the jars are 100% and 1 that is 95% done. my question is can i cut the uncolonized area out of the jar that isn't done yet and still use it. Now i know the best thing to do is wait for 100% i get this and normally i do this but I'm needing to get this 3 going now due to me being gone the next few days and the other 2 jars are already growing shrooms inside of them. and if i just do the two by the time i have a tub clear the one jar would of already went bad due to shrooms growing inside it and roting. the strain I'm using has doen this on every jar i have done so i know it will happen.

--------------------

"I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown." - Jim Morrison

"This is the strangest life I've ever known." - Jim Morrison

"Drugs are a bet with the mind." - Jim Morrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: cake not fully finished..... [Re: MushyMan420]
    #10354413 - 05/17/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I wear gloves in this process, if you don't have any, just wash your hands well and clean your nails really well.

Take the cake out of the jar and under cool running water rub the side with the dry verm on it until it feels solid. This will give you a feel for how hard to press on it without breaking the cake. Now do the side with uncolonized portions and kinda scrape and rub off those parts. It will be a little deeper than you think it should be, but eventually you'll get to the part that is lighter in coulor and it will be ready to crumble.

OfflineMushyMan420
Mush Dr.
Male User Gallery

Re: cake not fully finished..... [Re: Shroominit]
    #10354439 - 05/17/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks man. do you thing i could cut the cake with a clean knife then do the scraping?

--------------------

"I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown." - Jim Morrison

"This is the strangest life I've ever known." - Jim Morrison

"Drugs are a bet with the mind." - Jim Morrison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains