Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsiloseeker
The Psilo Seeker
Male
Had my P. Torch cactus in its new pot for a couple weeks, is this a good approach?
    #10347909 - 05/16/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've had my Peruvian for a couple of weeks now in its new pot and soil.  Giving it direct sun daily either in the sill w/ window open or outside whenever possible.  I watered it lightly a little over a week after re potting as I heard you shouldn't water for a few days after re potting to let the roots search.  Now it's a week later, wondering should I water it about once a week to once every 2 weeks as long as I know it can get some decent sun for the next few hours (since it's the active growing season)?  Fertilize about once a month or so during the growing season?  Is standard fertilizer like MiracleGrow ok are is there better fertilizer suited to cacti?

Most importantly, does watering the cactus mean put only about a half cup of h20 in the soil, or completely soak it?  Might sound like a dumb question  but I want to know how much water is the right amount when watering.

Thanks for any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Had my P. Torch cactus in its new pot for a couple weeks, is this a good approach? [Re: Psiloseeker]
    #10347921 - 05/16/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Is it a cutting w/o roots? The reason you let cutting go without water is so they develop roots. It takes MUCH longer than a week.

If it already has roots the point in not watering for the first 7-10 days is to allow injured roots to heal so rot doesn't set in.

After you get that sorted out, water when the soil is completely dry, and water thoroughly.

EG

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Had my P. Torch cactus in its new pot for a couple weeks, is this a good approach? [Re: Psiloseeker]
    #10348182 - 05/16/09 11:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Aftr callousing and planting, he gets about half to a cup of water every 2-3 days.  Once you notice new growth, start the real watering; which depends entirely on how fast the soil dries out.

Here, its hot enough that the soil dries out about half way through the day.  I run morning and night waterings twice a day, 4 days a week.  And I feel I could do it more if I wanted to.

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Had my P. Torch cactus in its new pot for a couple weeks, is this a good approach? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #10350007 - 05/16/09 07:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend that noobs water non rooted cuttings at all.

EG

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags