Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Unusual effects of marijuana
    #10336902 - 05/14/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've had pot a few times with my friend, and he says that some of the effects I experience seem unusual to him. I want to know if some of you have experienced these effects, which I'll list.

When I'm high with him, I tend to laugh at myself because of how "old" and worn-out I feel. It feels like my face is highly archetypal, with my skin sagging off it. When he comments on how high I look, I feel as though he's insulting me, being sarcastic, or simply not caring that I'm having a "serious" trip instead of a goofy one. He also says that he feels light. Even though I smoke substantially less pot than he does, I don't feel light. I sometimes feel as though I'm rising, but I usually just feel VERY heavy. Everything seems to be falling extremely fast. Even when I imagine something, it seems to be falling to the bottom of my imaginary field of vision almost instantaneously. When I look at my shelves, I see thick, coloured beams of light on the edges. The shelves can sometimes look bent, usually with a hyper-archetypal look as a result of a weird fish-eye lens effect I get. I'll often get twinkling spots in my field of vision, and they'll sometimes radiate from furniture at very high speed with a bit of an angle. Even when I'm not that high, objects can have dreamy bubble-like streams rising very smoothly and quickly from the edges that make them seem somewhat disconnected from reality. A really funny effect I get is when my friend's eyelashes get long and his face morphs into a cartoony rodent's face, but it doesn't usually last long before his face is back to normal, morphing into something a bit different. Sometimes he looks like Rob Schneider, and other times he looks a bit like a centaur. Sometimes my shelf looks like a prostitute when I'm really high. :/

My first time, I took three hits and had a tactile hallucination that made my skin feel like it was made of very thick mud, rolling off me and into the ground. A force was trying to make me merge with the couch, and I could feel some of my internal organs. Whenever I spoke, I'd see myself in a grey void from 40 to 50 meters above. It kind of made me feel like I was INSANELY tired. After it really kicked in, I saw a tunnel with a very large light, and I felt as though I was passing out. I became very scared, thinking I was going to die if I didn't resist fainting. Everything seemed to be merging into the ground because of extremely strong gravity. After that, I went outside and had an out-of-body experience where I had two fields of vision, and one of them was that of my separate ghostly body. I couldn't eat, because even something as light as whipped cream seemed too dense and heavy. I also heard sounds coming from the sky that would create colourful three dimensional shapes in front of me. It seems too strong to be nothing more than weed, but my friend says it was just really good weed. I did see what appeared to be trichomes.

On weed, I act VERY similar to this guy:

I know that it's not salvia though, because I only start getting high five minutes after smoking, and it lasts for a few hours.

I'd be interested in reading the responses of people who have and haven't experienced these effects.

Edited by Malfoy (06/07/09 08:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Malfoy]
    #10337066 - 05/14/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Weed is a psychedelic. More so for some than others. If you enjoy weed but would prefer it be less psychedelic, frequent use reduces the psychedelic effects, so consider smoking until you develop a tolerance. Many people prefer weed when they have a tolerance.

If you enjoy the effects as-is and think you would enjoy weed less if it were less psychedelic, limit your consumption to one day a week.

If you do not enjoy the effects at all, refrain from smoking.

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #10337072 - 05/14/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dude, and i thought i was the only one who gets crazily high off tiny amounts of weed... (i am right now:gethigh:) but dude, what you say totally blew me out of the water...

... it didnt taste like plastic at all did it?

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Lucas89]
    #10337136 - 05/14/09 10:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OP... mushrooms would blow your mind.

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Innoculus]
    #10337197 - 05/14/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Shit must be some primo weed...Maybe ur skin is saggy u might not be trippin bro,and weed gives me energy who the fuck complains about weed while theyre high.. i do not understand

Pot is awsome-Legalize it America

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

OfflineCircleandstar
Say no to drugs

Loc: Melbourne, Aus Flag
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Crowsonator]
    #10337379 - 05/14/09 11:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Damn and I thought I had a low tolerance to Cannabis ;x

Impressive to say the least.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10337420 - 05/14/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

LSDreamer:
I like weed a lot, I just really dislike feeling stupid for a few days (often feeling a difference for up to two weeks). I've also decided to smoke less, maybe a few times a year instead of once or twice a month.
The hallucinogenic aspect of marijuana is probably what I look forward to the most, even though it often feels like the visual changes are not what weed is best at doing. I'd like to try LSD or psilocybin mushrooms, but I'd hate to see what it does to my brain for weeks afterward.

Lucas89:
It didn't taste like plastic, but it had a slightly less potent yet more interesting and pleasant smell before being lit (compared to the weaker weed).

Innoculus:
Yeah, they would. I just hope I'll be able to speak coherently in the weeks after I take them, if I ever do.

Crowsonator:
My skin isn't saggy at all. I can also feel energized, but only after a few tokes of shake. Anything more and I might just be too high to walk properly or be safely aware of my surroundings.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#10337429 - 05/14/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Malfoy said:
Some of you guys might want to slow down with the weed, I think I'm noticing some of its effects on you.

:wtf:

--------------------

OfflineCircleandstar
Say no to drugs

Loc: Melbourne, Aus Flag
    #10337441 - 05/14/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Malfoy said:
Some of you guys might want to slow down with the weed, I think I'm noticing some of its effects on you.

Lol random ;x

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
    #10337484 - 05/14/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I see that you're what the fucking me. I'm simply humorously suggesting that you slow down and unwind by smoking a joint. That's how you can interpret it, at least. :P

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
    #10337870 - 05/14/09 01:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No thanks man i think i know how much marijuana i can handle....You are just a lightweight.....:thumbdown:

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

Offlineherd
ranger danger?

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Crowsonator]
    #10338097 - 05/14/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you definitely need a tolerance.sounds like you get "too" high
pretty easily which isn't a bad thing as long as you can control your self.

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: herd]
    #10338125 - 05/14/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Once I couldn't feel my hands or feet for three days after doing weed...

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

OfflineEleanorRigby
cant remember old username

Loc: Flag
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: doom876]
    #10338369 - 05/14/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i miss the psychedelicness of weed. tolerance is a cunt

Offlineherd
ranger danger?

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: EleanorRigby]
    #10338389 - 05/14/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i miss the feeling of my legs weighting 2000 lbs.

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: herd]
    #10339154 - 05/14/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've had some similar experiences with good weed, such as seeing streaks of colored light running across objects and colored points of light flying about (more typically it'd be sine wave rainbows and/or "Persian rug" patterns over my visual field). Beyond seeing colors weed hasn't produced many OEVs, though I've seen astounding CEVs.

The distinct body-feel I've gotten off a good high is feeling like "honey is chugging through my veins" (a thick, kinda buttery euphoric feel) and "willed" auditory hallucinations were common.

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Offlineseraphnz
Male User Gallery

Loc: vally of the real
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: N2loma]
    #10339542 - 05/14/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Wow OP that's.. interesting.

Could be a tolerance thing. I usually see a fuzzy glow over things,
shades of light seem to creep out of the corner of my eye soemtimes.

--------------------
A casual stroll through your local lunatic asylum will show that faith proves nothing. - Nietzsche

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: N2loma]
    #10341716 - 05/15/09 02:17 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks N2loma, that's the best response yet.
I also get a low-pitched sound (I can't quite call it a hum) that gets louder as dose increases, sometimes accompanied by clicking sounds (they actually reminded me of those sets of spoons that people use as a basic instrument). My friend says he sometimes gets the "hum", but not the clicking. He also says that he's heard some sounds (such as the phone ringing), but never had the combination of auditory hallucinations and visual/auditory synesthesia.
The feeling that everything is falling and stretched can sometimes be depressing, but it can also be very cool.
I tend to hear the hum when something I'm looking at shrinks and fades into darkness, or sometimes when I just "zone out".

Guys, sorry about my post earlier on. I was deprived of sleep. It's kind of idiotic to suggest something like that in this sort of forum.

Edited by Malfoy (05/15/09 11:18 AM)

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #10341763 - 05/15/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

All I can say is either don't smoke marijuana, or get a vaporizer and smoke infrequently and not a lot when the set and setting is good, and basically train by upping your intake. Smoking a ton will give you experience, just breathe deep and stay positive. Have smoke with a good friend who you feel comfortable with who could call 911 if something drastic happened.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Unusual effects of marijuana [Re: Legalize]
    #10341789 - 05/15/09 02:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

nobody should ever call 911 over someone being scared because they are feeling "too high" on weed.

good way to fuck a lot of shit up....just get a friend to bitch slap you and say ITS JUST WEED if you freak out.

OP im jealous.  weed does wonders for me, but its never been that intense.  the days i go without weed are tough days usually.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order