Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

term psychonaut
    #10327167 - 05/12/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i really dont like it maybe im jaded by all that jackasses that call them psychonauts.

personally im not i use psychedelics its not a big deal, i dont like being deffined by it i think its similar to deffining yourself by what car you driver or other stuff like that.

tho i am a spiritualist and healer of sorts thru magic shrug. for me psychedelics are a healing tool and also part of that includings recational use such as a rave cause everywhere is as spiritual as you make it and as spiritually aware as you are

ok peace.

pyschonaut is like i take drugs and i dont know what im doing in my opinion i could be wrong but thats what all these fucks tend to be like and why they use the word

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: term psychonaut [Re: thedudenj]
    #10327239 - 05/12/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i would have to agree,Pscychonaut sounds really lame..i would atleast rather be called a tripper

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: term psychonaut [Re: Crowsonator]
    #10327299 - 05/12/09 01:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Then call yourself a tripper or whatever you wanna be called and let those who call themselves psychonauts continue on.

Whatever works for you.

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: term psychonaut [Re: Crowsonator]
    #10327308 - 05/12/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I guess it depends on the company you keep.  NONE of my friends throw that word around like it's a hair color.  I don't like when people declare themselves as psychonaut and think that that just means they are deep and intellectual by default.  That's not a true psychonaut.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleBEEP
Re: term psychonaut [Re: TTT]
    #10327381 - 05/12/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

who ever said a psychonaut has to be intellectual?

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: term psychonaut [Re: BEEP]
    #10327405 - 05/12/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A psychonaut is just someone who takes mind-altering drugs to learn. Of course, when I think psychonaut, I think of people like Terrence Mckenna who ingest huge amounts.

Edited by Nihlus (05/12/09 01:59 PM)

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: term psychonaut [Re: Nihlus]
    #10327414 - 05/12/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:
A psychonaut is just someone who takes mind-altering drugs to learn. Of course, when I think psychonaut, I think of people like Terrence Mckenna who ingest huge amounts.

The guy also died of a brain tumor so you know...

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

InvisibleBEEP
Re: term psychonaut [Re: Nihlus]
    #10327469 - 05/12/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:

a psychonaut doesn't even need to take drugs, it's just coincidence psychedelics have the properties they look for along with deep real meditation and any sort of sensory deprivation, psychedelics are best IMO because you can get rid of the walls and blocks that stop you from knowing the truth about yourself

a psychonaut to me is anyone that wants and does learn about the inner workings of their mind, good or bad, you can tell a psychonaut from a tripper when they both have a bad trip. one will be turnd off by psychedelics the other will be more turned on to them.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#10327552 - 05/12/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

LOL punk,thug,emo fag,hippie, psychonaut.LOL they are all what I hate.STEROTYPES.Why does the majority of people have to find a "class" to throw themselves into.I fall under the calls of "ME" and that's it.
I guess you could label me as a psychonaut,but not because I only take psychedelic drugs.I consider myself a very psychedelic thinker even sober and psychedelics play a large role in my life and also my beliefs.

OfflineDMTtraveller
Stranger
Re: term psychonaut [Re: DNBplus]
    #10327754 - 05/12/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Classes are an important part of society as they guide you to your own groups of people. We are not all alike and we would rather be within familiar company. I believe the term psychonaut is an accurate description of their chosen lifestyle. Although I think it does sound lame it should be respected because ad mist many posers there do lie many true psychonauts.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: term psychonaut [Re: DMTtraveller]
    #10328246 - 05/12/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol im a raver ^.^

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinepoeticphoto
Lover, not a Fighter
Female User Gallery

Loc: your head.
    #10328849 - 05/12/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoelKl1 said:
a psychonaut doesn't even need to take drugs, it's just coincidence psychedelics have the properties they look for along with deep real meditation and any sort of sensory deprivation, psychedelics are best IMO because you can get rid of the walls and blocks that stop you from knowing the truth about yourself

a psychonaut to me is anyone that wants and does learn about the inner workings of their mind, good or bad, you can tell a psychonaut from a tripper when they both have a bad trip. one will be turnd off by psychedelics the other will be more turned on to them.

Well said... Psychonaut is not the same as a label like punk, goth, emo, etc....
It's a tern used to describe someone who explores the mind... By use of drugs or not...

I like it.

Me bes a psychonaut.  :tongue2:

OfflinePinying
Stranger
Re: term psychonaut [Re: poeticphoto]
    #10329002 - 05/12/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I sooo agree to this. I consider myself as a psychonaut, just because I like to learn from human consciousness.

I thought about this when I was listening to a few rappers in a nearby club. They're so about attitudes toward life etc, and then they asked the crowd how "youknow all psychonauts out there... youknow what you are? YOURE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!"

That was like little pieces of glass blown right to my ears. ;(

Why does exploring self and consciousness's make someone stupid :/

meh

makes me sad, they were actually good until that point :S

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: term psychonaut [Re: Pinying]
    #10329056 - 05/12/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I like Psychonaut as a "Science fiction romanticized" way saying that one is concerned with observing personal mental sequences. I dig it.

Poetry comes in many different flavors
Dual Classin is the way to go!;-)?

All attitude, baybe.

I have Todd Rockin' names!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: term psychonaut [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #10329137 - 05/12/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think most are unaware of what the term means.
-Psycho pertains to mind
-Naut, as in nautical, pertains to navigation.

A psychonaut is one who navigates hir mind.  One who chooses to operate outside of autopilot to happen upon the unmapped waters.  Not necessarily one who does so to learn, but one who may simply journey for the sake of journeying and what it may bring.  The psychonaut is the explorer, not the scientist(though said explorer may hold an interest in science).  Drugs need'nt be involved, any practice which leads to navigation of the mind can be deemed psychonautical exploration.

I like the term and what it entails.  Though one may attribute other definitions to the term at the behest of clouded communication, I feel the one I outlined is quite adequate.

--------------------

Offlinepoeticphoto
Lover, not a Fighter
Female User Gallery

Loc: your head.
Re: term psychonaut [Re: Pinying]
    #10329139 - 05/12/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pinying said:
then they asked the crowd how "youknow all psychonauts out there... youknow what you are? YOURE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!"

....This is why Tech Nine is the only cool rapper.

lol

InvisibleBEEP
Re: term psychonaut [Re: poeticphoto]
    #10329221 - 05/12/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lavod explaind it best.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: term psychonaut [Re: lavod]
    #10329328 - 05/12/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
I think most are unaware of what the term means.
-Psycho pertains to mind
-Naut, as in nautical, pertains to navigation.

A psychonaut is one who navigates hir mind.  One who chooses to operate outside of autopilot to happen upon the unmapped waters.  Not necessarily one who does so to learn, but one who may simply journey for the sake of journeying and what it may bring.  The psychonaut is the explorer, not the scientist(though said explorer may hold an interest in science).  Drugs need'nt be involved, any practice which leads to navigation of the mind can be deemed psychonautical exploration.

I like the term and what it entails.  Though one may attribute other definitions to the term at the behest of clouded communication, I feel the one I outlined is quite adequate.

Yeah, I totally agree with this.  I think the word just got to be used too loosely.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: term psychonaut [Re: truffleupagus]
    #10331308 - 05/13/09 07:44 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

my people that exploring like that are not only lost in their own world but lost in this world and are lost souls like most people at cosm. theres always that period of time before you tripping to hard to care any more where you feel all the lost confused souls. when your shit is together within you dont need to explore the with in cause its fine and known the only thing you got to explore is the world in its vast wonder and womens bodies ^.^ tho for the most part you know what to expect when exploring those so hmm maybe its like that for psychonauts with their mind some sort of psychological mind masturebaiting

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: term psychonaut [Re: thedudenj]
    #10331329 - 05/13/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
my people that exploring like that are not only lost in their own world but lost in this world and are lost souls like most people at cosm. theres always that period of time before you tripping to hard to care any more where you feel all the lost confused souls. when your shit is together within you dont need to explore the with in cause its fine and known the only thing you got to explore is the world in its vast wonder and womens bodies ^.^ tho for the most part you know what to expect when exploring those so hmm maybe its like that for psychonauts with their mind some sort of psychological mind masturebaiting

Any time you feel yourself
Your thoughts; both combined
Mind and body
Such as stroking your dick or
Rubbing your chin in
Contemplation
Such as your post and this one
Can be viewed as masturbation
using un-classical definitions.
However there is nothing wrong
using touch, synthetic or natural
(they are both natural plastic)
To explore yourself or others
in that terms are useless
(psychonaut, raver shaman dummy)
In that we are all organic resonators
We're all psychonauts because we all
have expored the senses and mind
at some point, especially at young
age.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom