Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStuckintheskY
For the most part

Need Help! 10 Monotub's Lot's of pins NO Growth!
    #10327031 - 05/12/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have 10 monotubs going, I used the Coir Tek> 1 brick coir/1qt coffee/1qt vermiculite. I spawned 5qt's colonized rye berries to each monotub. None of these tubs EVER go fully white. The mycellium just colonizes throughout and the tubs start to pin. I literally get Hundreds of pins, it looks like a little forest, but they WILL NOT grow! We had a large fan blowing on the tubs so that may have been the issue. We picked all of the pins in 2 tubs and dunked it to give it another try. I figured it was too much wind hitting the tubs and drying up the pins causing them to abort. So we got rid of that large fan blowing right on the tubs and put a really small one just to keep the air flowing in the closet. We have 3 fluorescent lights on the tubs. All of the tubs are filled with polyfill. The mushrooms looked really dry so I am hoping that is what it is. I hope reducing the airflow helps the problem. The first monotub I did, I used ground up PF cakes and it did much better, I'm just hoping it was too much air. I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks guys

--------------------
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Need Help! 10 Monotub's Lot's of pins NO Growth! [Re: StuckintheskY]
    #10327047 - 05/12/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

your not supposed to introduce fresh air during colinisaton of yoru bulk substrate, that will certainly cause pinning before its finished.

Stff you holes with polyfill tightly after spwning your grain/cakes to coir and leave it alone till its fully colinised.]

Then after its done, remove the polyfill and pack it loosely. Dont put a fan blowing directly at yur monotub which will dry things out,  you want it to circulate the air in the area and around the montub. An oscilating fan is good for that

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleGanja420Boy
Heroic Doser
 User Gallery

Loc: CoSmoS
    #10327056 - 05/12/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It could very well be the fan that caused the problem. Your not suppose to point the fan directly at the tubs but rather have the fan just circulate the air in the room.

Another possibility is the holes in the tub are too small. I have had this problem with my first tub, I got lots of pin but almost all of them aborted so I increased the size of the holes and that solved the problem.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need Help! 10 Monotub's Lot's of pins NO Growth! [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #10327277 - 05/12/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Did it look like this but all over the whole surface?

the myc colony can only support so many shrooms b4 it aborts some or stalls so some of the pins can mature. 
pick all you can and give it a good re-hydration(pour water around the edges and soak it for 24 hrs and then remove excess water) then in a day or 2 you will see better growth. 

just had the same thing happen to me 2 days ago and 2day all good.

the ones that look dry, pickem, they arent growing anymore.

check my journal.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisibleazshroomer
no1

Re: Need Help! 10 Monotub's Lot's of pins NO Growth! [Re: 13shrooms]
    #10327323 - 05/12/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Monotubs need to be LEFT TEH F***K ALONE.

Follow the teks, stuff the polyfill, sit it in the closet, and dont even look at it for another week.

Once the tub is colonized, THEN introduce light and FAE.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Offlinecapt cap
art of revolution
Male User Gallery

Loc: VA
Re: Need Help! 10 Monotub's Lot's of pins NO Growth! [Re: azshroomer]
    #10327346 - 05/12/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

azshroomer said:
Monotubs need to be LEFT TEH F***K ALONE.

Follow the teks :wink:

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineStuckintheskY
For the most part

Re: Need Help! 10 Monotub's Lot's of pins NO Growth! [Re: azshroomer]
    #10327526 - 05/12/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No they didn't look like that, and I had them colonizing in a dark area with towels draped over the tubs for about 2 weeks then they started to pin so I introduced light. I really think it was the fan, it only affected 2 of the tubs so I hope the others turn out well. The mushrooms start off as really small skinny pins in all of the tubs, they never look fat then grow bigger, this worries me.

--------------------
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. "

OfflineStuckintheskY
For the most part

#10327631 - 05/12/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

And I do KISS, I think I just went a bit far with the fan. I've grown about X pounds so far so, already shared and ate all of them.

--------------------

Edited by StuckintheskY (05/12/09 02:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck