Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJoeSmoe
Stranger
HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia)
    #10326472 - 05/12/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everybody! How's everything going? This is my first time posting on this forum and I'm actually seeking advice on how to grow Cubensis Cambodia.

From the research I have done. The Cambodian strain is a fast growing strain. Am I correct? Also... I've never done anything like this before... so please... all the help you can give would be widely appreciated.

So far this is what I have:

- pressure cooker: operating at 12 psi; I thinks its 4.0 l???
- 12 1/2 pint mason jars
- brown rice flour and vermiculite (getting vermiculite today)
- a plastic container; to put inoculated rice cakes in
- and a spore syringe that should be coming in this week

I would like to create a huge yield; maybe a few pounds of this cubensis. But, I don't feel like I have the right equipment... Nor do I have the funds...

Do you guys have any suggestions and/or methods that can produce large yields, without sacrificing too much funds.

Also... would it be possible for someone here to guide me through this to gain the best possible results?

Thanks guys! Hope to here from your replys.

Joe SMOE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: JoeSmoe]
    #10326488 - 05/12/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

start small and work your way up. trying to grow a mass amount your first time is a huge mistake that i learned the hard way.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineTcm19277
Etheromaniac
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Korova Milk Bar Flag
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: george castanza]
    #10326503 - 05/12/09 10:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Spawn to bulk :mushroom2:

--------------------
I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!

Tcm's Step by Step Guide to Making Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum, Full With Lots of Pictures!
:pod::snowman::snowman::pod:

“I'll stick to my needle, my favourite waste of time,
both spineless and sublime;
Since I was born, I started to decay.
Now nothing ever - ever goes my way.”

- Brian Molko, of 'Placebo' -

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: Tcm19277]
    #10326524 - 05/12/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Definitely go with the PF Tek for your first couple grows, then when you have massive amounts of spores move on to bulk. Research WBS and Rye Berry teks.

OfflineDirtyNeedle
Stranger

Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: fltdriver82]
    #10326560 - 05/12/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I read Cambodian's were really fast but I did half Cambodian's and half B+ and the B+ is a little faster for me anyways.

Invisiblezneocide
Miscellaneum et cetra

Loc: Does it matter?
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: fltdriver82]
    #10326569 - 05/12/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

First off, welcome to shroomery.

Let me help by pointing out some missing items/flaws.  You will need perlite and/or a spray bottle (both found anywhere with a garden center) in order to keep humidity up in the fruiting chamber (commonly referred to as a FC). 

Second regardless of you goal of "a few pounds" being wet or dry, I really doubt you will be able to accumulate that much with just those 12-1/2 pint jars.  If you would like to reach that goal with minimal funds used, I recommend you do a "bulk grow" with either horse poo or coir.  But do not do that yet, this first grow is when you are going to learn most of what you need to know.  For instance what healthy mycelium smells/looks like, what contaminated jars look/smell like, etc.  FYI good jars should either smell like the materials you started with or as it matures, it will produce a real earthly, wet smell; never a sweet, sour, or fermented/spoiled smell.

There is too much advice and material to go over in one post, let alone one thread.  Just keep reading the forums, keep reading teks, and look for videos. 

http://www.mushroomvideos.com/ - This is a series of videos made by Roger Rabbit (RR) and is invaluable to new and intermediate growers.  If you read something or hear something that contradicts what he says, chances are you should take RR's advice.

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: DirtyNeedle]
    #10326581 - 05/12/09 10:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm new at this two but of the 3 strains i have going  (B+ Golden teacher and Malaysian Sp) the B+ are the fastest

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

#10326596 - 05/12/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

if you dont already know then you dont know what you are doing yet. do a  few cakes spawned(pasteurized coir) to trays in a shotgun terrarium. this would probably give you a better idea about what a bulk grow is all about. your going to want to do A LOT of reading and def.
check the link in my sig. first.
massive amounts of mushrooms CAN be done for FREE once you are set up properly and you know what you are doing.
e.g.
dont try riding a chopper if youve never been on a mini-bike;)
good luck
def. learn how to use the search func. strive for simplicity.
-im still riding a motorscooter but i hope to have a custom harley by next year!

OfflineJoeSmoe
Stranger
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: chronosync]
    #10327207 - 05/12/09 01:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

in regards to humidity and maintaining temperture... I was thinking of placing a heating pad under my plastic box, with water filled in the box, and the cakes proped up with some wire mesh. Sounds like a good idea?

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10327217 - 05/12/09 01:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoeSmoe said:
in regards to humidity and maintaining temperture... I was thinking of placing a heating pad under my plastic box, with water filled in the box, and the cakes proped up with some wire mesh. Sounds like a good idea?

No a breeding ground for all sorts. You shouldnt heat a terrarium directly.

If you cant get perlite, then i would maybe suggest doing mini double tubs. with cakes crumbled and cased. Im going to be testing it soon to see how well it works before i try coffee and newspaper

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineJoeSmoe
Stranger
    #10327242 - 05/12/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what does wbs stand for anyways and what the heck is a pf tek??

<<<-----------------ULTRA NEWBIE!!

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10327284 - 05/12/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If you cant get perlite, then i would maybe suggest doing mini double tubs. with cakes crumbled and cased. Im going to be testing it soon to see how well it works before i try coffee and newspaper

wow thats interseting! explain the reason why you would use coffee and newspaper?
sounds cool and inexpensive

cakes crumbled and cased alone sounds like a waste of time if you are going to crumble them why not mix them with some bulk sub and double your yield
1:1 ratio = doubled yield
1:4 ratio = quadrupled yield
1:4 seems to have a really high success rate

or mabey thats what you meant veda

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: HELP!!! First Time Growing - (Psilocybe Cubensis Cambodia) [Re: chronosync]
    #10327296 - 05/12/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yes i know thats interesting, i always say dont crumble and case. But if you dont have perlite to fruit them in, then a minitub tub should work fine, but id agree spawn to bulk, just really depends of the OP wants to spend more money on supplies.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10327312 - 05/12/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoeSmoe said:
what does wbs stand for anyways and what the heck is a pf tek??

<<<-----------------ULTRA NEWBIE!!

I want you to understand that I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if you are asking these types of questions you still need to do your basic readings.  Start with the faq, read it twice, and then go from there.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag