Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

A thought about drugs/mental oddities and art
    #10323287 - 05/11/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It seems  like most great artists are people that don't fit into social norms and like to do their own thing............ and I've been thinking of this idea today- even saw an article on it earlier-http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/features/creative-minds-the-links-between-mental-illness-and-creativity-1678929.html

I think to create good art, you really need to get lost in your head and go with your feelings and thoughts- without giving a fuck what anyone else thinks........ even if that means taking acid or smoking potent marijuana.................. you likely have to be a creative person to begin with though, because there are plenty of mindless psychedelic users too- especially when it comes to marijuana ..........so drugs aren't the answer but they can elevate creativity IMO

I put up an Animal Collective video because I always imagine them as being social outcasts that just enjoyed playing music all the time when they were growing up--------and I know at least in their early days- psychedelics have def had an influence on some of their music ideas

I was reading about this on another forum earlier and it made me think how much potential I personally have to make good music and art, because honestly that is more important to me then wasting time on pointless chatter and I have my own way of viewing things and a creative mind (as I'm sure many people on this site do too!)...... although I enjoy going out and spreading the good:psychsplit:vibes when I have the energy to do so!

I'm not really sure where I am going with this but I am interested to hear other people's thoughts on this...................................

I think it is a very interesting discussion....:dizope:

Edited by skatealex2 (05/11/09 04:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLeAto
Listener

Re: A thought about drugs/mental oddities and art [Re: skatealex2]
    #10323345 - 05/11/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

knowing your states of mind and the dynamics of your own willpower are the way to go imo...  All depends on how you choose to perceive what pops in your head...

~ LeAto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom