Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ]
    #10294816 - 05/06/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring
May 6, 2009 - azcentral.com

An attentive mother provided the tip that helped police dismantle a web of Ecstasy dealers who used the Internet to push the drug to hundreds of Valley teenagers.

A tip came in to the Maricopa County Methamphetamine Task Force early last week, and within days detectives were able to arrest 10 Ecstasy dealers who had a combined clientele of nearly 500 Valley high-school and college students, investigators say.

Within hours of receiving the tip, detectives found the seller's MySpace page online, complete with a price list, quantity and product review.

The network was widespread for small-time peddlers, but the entire operation was coordinated and advertised through the social networking Web site.

During their weeklong investigation, undercover detectives bought the drug from dealers throughout the Valley, including Mesa, north Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe and Fountain Hills, and in parks, restaurants and other public places.

When a dealer ran out, he simply referred undercover agents to some other suppliers.

"It's sort of a loose-knit, somewhat organized group," said Lt. Steve Bailey, a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy assigned to the task force. "There's no sense of competition among them or anything. They got kids with pockets full of money who just want to get high on Friday and Saturday night."

Detectives were able to buy more than 200 hits in their brief investigation. Most of the young dealers had 20 to 30 pills on them, though one was found with heroin in the course of conducting a 50-pill deal with agents.

The dealers said they bought the pills for $7 and typically sold them for $15 and could make as much as $3,000 each weekend selling the drug at parties and raves and other all-night dance parties held in large venues across the Valley.

The ease of buying and selling the drug - one dealer was caught at a Mesa park on a Saturday morning with his 2-year-old son in tow - shows where Ecstasy ranks on the list of concerning drugs for parents and teenagers, investigators said.

"It's very easy (to buy) and unfortunately, I hate to say, accepted. Parents hear about these rave parties and alcohol isn't allowed at these rave parties because it's a dangerous combination," said Phoenix police Sgt. Don Sherrard, a supervisor assigned to the task force. "So the parents are kind of ignorant and kind of relieved that their kids aren't out drinking and driving and don't realize their kids are doing methamphetamine."

Ecstasy has a similar chemical compound as methamphetamine, though detectives said users and dealers they interviewed weren't aware of the similarities.

The drug dumps all of the serotonin out of the user's brain in one massive reaction that brings a state of euphoria, said Dr. Jeff Thomas, a clinical professor at Arizona State University. The problem is that the drug also blocks the brain from recycling that serotonin, leading to the depression that follows.

"It takes a long time, 6 months, for your brain to get back where it was after one dose," Thomas said. "This drug is actually more damaging than methamphetamine."

The ease of acquisition and general disregard for the drug's negative side effects makes it more important than ever for parents to monitor who their kids are communicating with, detectives said.

"Had it not been for this mother calling in, we would not have gotten on to these guys," Sherrard said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: veggie]
    #10294832 - 05/06/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hey mom I dont want to work at mcdonalds..

pftf.. Take a look at the economy MOM.. AKA CUNT!!!

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: orison]
    #10294862 - 05/06/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

alcohol isn't allowed at these rave parties because it's a dangerous combination

ya fucking right
Quote:

This drug is actually more damaging than methamphetamine

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: orison]
    #10294863 - 05/06/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: How did I not hear about this?  This was happening in my back yard

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: Jadian]
    #10295000 - 05/06/09 02:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

LOL myspace? god. people surprise me still

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: 2859558484]
    #10295016 - 05/06/09 02:19 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol look at ur sig
u surprise me

--------------------

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: Coaster]
    #10295094 - 05/06/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
lol look at ur sig
u surprise me

:rofl2:

I wish for once, the media and law enforcement would actually try to help matters. Rather, they are insistently making things worse. How could you not see an agenda behind them. Well, perhaps more and more people are actually waking up to this, and I haven't recognized it yet.(and not just on the shroomery)

I hope thats the case.

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlinebogart17
Stranger

#10295103 - 05/06/09 02:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

who the hell cares if some kids are getting E through myspace. we used to find it on the weekends in college too! some of the best times of my life:grin:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: bogart17]
    #10295144 - 05/06/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

college=best time of life.

--------------------

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

#10295280 - 05/06/09 04:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

"It's sort of a loose-knit, somewhat organized group," said Lt. Steve Bailey, a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy assigned to the task force. "There's no sense of competition among them or anything. They got kids with pockets full of money who just want to get high on Friday and Saturday night."

Look at this in perspective...

Where are the people that died, or the kids that are in trouble now for violence, or non drug related offenses?
NOW if they had reason for a headline like " 18 youth dead from evil x poison " i would understand, but its just not like that...

--------------------

OfflineTechn9cian
Grower
Male

Loc: Seattle, Wa
Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: rodfarva]
    #10295569 - 05/06/09 06:55 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Stupid snitch mom....

I wish my dealer had online pill reviews.

They were prolly making bank, but if your gonna push that much you better know what the fuck your doing and not sell to every motherfucker whos a cop trying to buy pills

--------------------

Go stoopid:smirk:dumb:cool: retarded:crazy2: :mushroom2::heart:

OfflineIV123
Stranger

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: Techn9cian]
    #10295818 - 05/06/09 08:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The sad thing is that these kids weren't big time at all, and the police are making them out to be to act like they just saved the world.  I mean come on...a 50 pill deal was the biggest they got out of these kids?  You know there are people in the area that are copping pills by the thousand, and were just letting these kids slang them.  And $7 a pop?  They were getting middle-manned like a mofucker.  This just makes me laugh because in essence they did nothing to get rid of the ecstasy in the area.  The supplier is still there, untouched, and will jsut get some more kids to slang his shit. 

The police did do a good job at ruin a bunch of kids lives with felony charges and the likes.  Good job once again!

InvisiblePrimefied
werd
Male

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: IV123]
    #10295898 - 05/06/09 09:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What an investigation, good job coppers!  Some white kids get probation, the guy who should have gotten a little bit of attention is blown, and nobody`s gonna be loving this weekend...but I wouldnt be surprised if theres a 911 call in from a cop ``Oh my god! it feels too good! please send somebody!``  LOL

--------------------
Sink or Swim

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: Primefied]
    #10295961 - 05/06/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i hope she is happy with herself for sending a bunch of kids to jail for a long time, and having her kid resent her for the rest of her life.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinedfernandez90
Bueno
Male

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: veggie]
    #10296036 - 05/06/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The drug dumps all of the serotonin out of the user's brain in one massive reaction that brings a state of euphoria, said Dr. Jeff Thomas, a clinical professor at Arizona State University. The problem is that the drug also blocks the brain from recycling that serotonin, leading to the depression that follows.

"It takes a long time, 6 months, for your brain to get back where it was after one dose," Thomas said. "This drug is actually more damaging than methamphetamine."

Wow, shames me to say I go to this college.

--------------------
:bongload:

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: dfernandez90]
    #10296178 - 05/06/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i would be shamed to say i go to ASU despite what any professor has to say on any topic :shrug:

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#10296193 - 05/06/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
lol look at ur sig
u surprise me

and you surprise me every time you post a picture of a needle you are showing off becuase you shoot heroin/ketamine. real good for the kids kenny

--------------------

Offlineshinyturquoise
Stranger

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: dfernandez90]
    #10296195 - 05/06/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

it always makes me laugh, how easy it is for a dumb person to become a doctor or a president in this country... "more damaging than meth.." hahaha i guess this means our hospitals are waiting for an outbreak of braindead mdma users... an outbreak that will never come...

Offlineben_dover0802
shroom addict
Male

Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: suburbanned]
    #10296474 - 05/06/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:
i would be shamed to say i go to ASU despite what any professor has to say on any topic :shrug:

Is it because there are crazy hot girls everywhere you look?

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Mom tips off task force on Web-based Ecstasy ring [AZ] [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #10296558 - 05/06/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Using MySpace for any legally dubious purpose is asking for trouble. Not to mention retarded; this was inevitable. I bet anything these kids roll up the chain too; their parents and lawyers and all the rest will pressure them to under the threat of having felony records.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder