Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenoluckhunterr
nub grower
Male
My first grow/jar !
    #10293108 - 05/05/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is my jar at 15 days i inoculated 8 jars (1pint) and only 1 survived i have 10 more 1/2pint jars all of these had a much better procedure  anyways here's a pic. of 15 days

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKymatica
Student of Mycology

Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: noluckhunterr]
    #10293151 - 05/05/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man. Sorry to hear about the casualties. I tried both with the verm layer and with out. The ones I have without seem to be doing better for me. Also been trying my luck with the WBS tek and I like that much better than the BFR. But good luck with your project and keep everyone updated!!

--------------------
“If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?” -Chuck Palahniuk

Offlinepercievethedoor
WE WANT THE FUNK

#10293157 - 05/05/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

keep it dark and keep it warm and sit back crack open a cold one and let nature do it's thing man!!

--------------------
A lot of people pass through the thinking I'm a guru and take enough trips to understand that no, I was just a witness. I was just a witness. ~~McKenna

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: percievethedoor]
    #10293175 - 05/05/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's not necessary to keep it in the dark.

To OP: what did you do wrong the first time? what tek did you use the second time? ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

Offlinenoluckhunterr
nub grower
Male
Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: Psuper]
    #10293205 - 05/05/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

both teks are BRF i just think the first  8 jars were 1 pint big and the needle for the syringe was very short so even though i aimed the needle along the glass most the spores landed in the dry layer.

The second set is 10 jars 1/2 pint i still messed up with the inoculation i think a lot of spores landed in the dry verm layer and didn't run down the side of the glass

both are BRF teks, next time I'm gonna make the dry layer a lot higher so the short needle actually lands in some nutritious substrate

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: percievethedoor]
    #10293208 - 05/05/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

percievethedoor said:
keep it dark and keep it warm and sit back crack open a cold one and let nature do it's thing man!!

That's outdated info.  Light only becomes a pinning trigger after 100% colonization so it is perfectly okay to keep it in normal lighting conditions.

OfflineKymatica
Student of Mycology

Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: Duggstar]
    #10293373 - 05/05/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If I have learned anything from this site it's listen to RR teks. He is a god among men around here. Search his info he will not steer you wrong. Take a crack at the jars using micropore tape as a filter instead of the dry verm layer. Keep on rocking man..

--------------------
“If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?” -Chuck Palahniuk

Offlinechucku
Stranger
    #10293453 - 05/05/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I hear you.  Pint jars failed me.  The half pints were all good.  The PF tek is meant for 1/2 pint jars.  If you want to do pints, quarts, do WBS.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: chucku]
    #10293484 - 05/05/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man, i used to have trouble like that, it made me real sad. PF tek sometimes works great, other times its crap.

Definately was made for half pints though. The myc. only gets so far before it tends to stall, with any substrate. Flip those suckers over.

I know you've heard it a million times, but buy a pressure cooker. They last forever and are just 35 bucks.

You'll spend far more on Brown Rice Flour and vermiculite in the long run with so many failures than you would just getting the right equipment.

My jars would never grow. Maybe 5% of them did. And most of those contamed.

Since i been working with Rye, zero contams (out of 50+ jars!), and ovefr 90% of them start colonizing. A lot of them stop when ther'yre almost done, but you can just use the colonized parts for a casing.

I inoculated a QUART jar on the first, and it was done on the 4th. I shit you not. Yesterday i couldn't believe it was done.

Plus better yields.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10293493 - 05/05/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That's pretty slow for 15 days. Do you have enough gas exchange? How many holes are in the lid? Maybe too wet? I dunno, I can't tell from the pic. My last batch of half pints were darn near fully colonized in a week. Birthed in 2. Not bragging, I just think maybe you need to look at your procedure, and see what's going on. I've never tried full pints, I've heard they don't work as well as half pints.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: Kymatica]
    #10293541 - 05/05/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kymatica said:
If I have learned anything from this site it's listen to RR teks. He is a god among men around here. Search his info he will not steer you wrong. Take a crack at the jars using micropore tape as a filter instead of the dry verm layer. Keep on rocking man..

He's very learned in this field of study, but he is not a god!  Please don't cajole his ego, we've got enough people down here on earth trying to play God without adding him to the list!  :frown:

Offlinenoluckhunterr
nub grower
Male
Re: My first grow/jar ! [Re: Duggstar]
    #10298228 - 05/06/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i have 4 holes in the top i inoculated all 4 holes and only 2 are growing i have micropore tape and verm layer on top as for gas exchange it sits in a cardboard box with lots of room '

i have a second batch which are half pints with verm layer and micropore tape

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order