Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelgm0420
Stranger
Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location
    #10291168 - 05/05/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, so after finding some extra funds, Ive purchased my first greenhouse.  Already have a fresh cool mist, and i plan on pairing that with a pan of perlite at the bottom of the greenhouse to tackle humidity in the structure.  My problem right now is FAE.  Normally i would take the advice of RR and slit the sides of my enclosure for FAE, I'm just not sure that's is going to be sufficient in my situation.  Unfortunately, i have limited space in my apartment, and the only place for my greenhouse is in a tight closet.  The greenhouse is going to just fit inside it, leaving about an inch or two on all sides for free space.  My guess is that in a closed closet like that FAE is going to be a problem. 

My question is, what are some options for this situation?

I was thinking of running an empty, modified, cool mist from the outside into the green house for FAE, in addition to running the full one inside.  It would still be in the closet, but do you think this would be sufficient, and/or work?

I plan on leaving the closet open as much as possible for fresh air, i just know its not always going to be an option.  please, ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIAmABanana
Banana Man
 User Gallery

Re: Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location [Re: lgm0420]
    #10291243 - 05/05/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have a similar setup (inside a closet). I placed the cool mist on the outside and connected it using tubing/pipes. Additionally, I use an ultrasonic (also on the outside) to help boost the humidity.

Offlinelgm0420
Stranger
Re: Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location [Re: IAmABanana]
    #10291283 - 05/05/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So no problems with FAE with that set up? DO you have slits cut in the greenhouse as well?  any problems with molds or anything growing in the tight closet space?

OfflineAwestruck
Nerding out
 User Gallery

Loc: The U.S. of .... fuckin A
    #10294780 - 05/06/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe a cheap aquarium pump would be a useful item to pump air into your closet if you are worried about fresh air. Cheaper and less work than a modified coolmist.

--------------------
Repaying my karmic debt to the Shroomery.
Looking for a Pan cambo print.

Offlinelgm0420
Stranger
Re: Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location [Re: Awestruck]
    #10296975 - 05/06/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i already have an extra coolmist on hand... thats why i figured id use it... i guess a aquarium pump would be an extra option though... think it would be suitable for FAE for such a large compartment?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10297581 - 05/06/09 03:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Aquarium pumps are not even suitable for a rubbermaid terrarium, they're certainly not going to help a mini greenhouse.

Closets are the worst possible place.  Find a spot in an open room.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinelgm0420
Stranger
Re: Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10298860 - 05/06/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i really wish i could, i just dont have the option... girlfriend just wont let it fly... its the closet or nothing... i know you have the best knowledge base out there, so maybe some advice other than don't do it, something constructive?  There has to be a way to problem solve, maybe not for optimum conditions, but suitable conditions.  Can you recommend anything else for FAE?

Im going to cut slits like you recommend, keep the door open as much as possible, which will probably be about 12 hours outta the day, im also planning on running the modified empty cool mist and having a small fan run on a shelf above the green house to move the air around in the closet... any comments on that plan RR?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10299164 - 05/06/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Cut a hole in the bottom of the greenhouse big enough for the output half of the humidifier to stick into.  Have the intake half in the room with the door open.  You'll just have to do whatever you can to get as much fresh, humid air into the greenhouse as possible.

I'd still suggest open room locations and fill the GH up with edibles.  You can always slip in a tray or two of something else.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10299312 - 05/06/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol hide the cubies in amongst some edibles and hope no one notices and enquires.

Those look interesting, what are they? Can i try some??

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinelgm0420
Stranger
Re: Problem solving a FAE situation and greenhouse location [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10299503 - 05/06/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks RR :-) i appreciate the help and im definetly going to work it into my set up.  And trust me... as soon as im in my own place or the gal pal is gone... its going straight to an open room

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures