Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ?
    #10287713 - 05/04/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I feel like everyone does. Just wondering if I am wrong?

I think there are some good things the american government does, but for the most part I believe we need more freedom then we have and they should stay the fuck out of people's mother fucking personal lives......... and let them do what they choose and use what people want to use....

:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekikthecan
uhh
Male

Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10287741 - 05/04/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i'm one of those people that is happy to be alive and not living africa

--------------------

3 At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4 An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: kikthecan]
    #10287756 - 05/04/09 11:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I am ok with the government, They are things that are right. Most are fucked up with them though.

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #10287770 - 05/04/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I like the idea of america , what it says it stands for publicly, but i think that they way things are done now really will end badly if we dont open our eyes and realize what we are doing.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: kikthecan]
    #10287774 - 05/04/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yea. Can't argue that America is very safe and better off then most countries! I think they do a great job in that sense.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#10287776 - 05/04/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I strongly believe the war on drugs has got to fucking end at some point though!!

for the sake of personal freedom's and tax payer's wallets

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #10287787 - 05/05/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Our governments are only as good as our voters. We get out of government exactly what we put into it. :shrug:

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

#10287789 - 05/05/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
I strongly believe the war on drugs has got to fucking end at some point though!!

for the sake of personal freedom's and tax payer's wallets

your right.. we should be able to smoke or put anything we want in our own body as long as we know its safe to do so.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10287795 - 05/05/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It kind of sucks in a way but I stay optimistic about it, while knowing that in the long run it'll probably end up better and better. Focusing on the negative IMO is pretty useless. Don't like big food (Monsanto) or big Pharma? Then don't support them. And try to support the better sides of town rather than the shallower cut and paste consumerist parts. I actually felt really comfortable in this district we have here called the Hawthorne district, because they seem to be genuinely trying and caring about it's residents. The only parts I got bad vibes from is when I passed the Peet's Coffee and Tea, Cold Stone, and Aveda salon which are trying to snatch up business over there but stick out like a sore thumb. Then I ended up at Gresham later and that really sucked. <Err that's not about the government so extract from that the basic skeletal points I was making.

I very rarely have my rights infringed on btw. But if I ever do I'll probably bitch like crazy.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Edited by PyroBurns (05/05/09 12:04 AM)

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: Cameron]
    #10287797 - 05/05/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cameron said:
Our governments are only as good as our voters. We get out of government exactly what we put into it. :shrug:

not always the case.  i didn't choose those people to even vote for. thats like me saying, which hand do you want me to punch you with?

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #10287798 - 05/05/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cameron said:

Somewhat. Except a large amount  of the people that get in the position to win elected titles are not in it for the people. Nullifies the voter a bit.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #10287815 - 05/05/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cameron said:

That statement has always been false ,I can pull up a thousand instances where they misrepresented themselves to get in office or flat out lied and did the complete opposite of what they said in order to get elected.

I am for this and I am for that ,then they vote completely opposite of that once elected to office.We dont like it ,so we elect the next liar that does the exact same thing as before,nothing he or she promises.

They always have a story to exsplain how they wanted to do what they said ,but it was in our best interests that they did the exact opposite.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: Groomies]
    #10287837 - 05/05/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

not always the case.  i didn't choose those people to even vote for. thats like me saying, which hand do you want me to punch you with?

You may not have, but Americans did, and they only had as much power as you've got.

Did you thoroughly research the available candidates last Presidential election? If you're at all like the majority, you didn't even know who you were able to vote for until only a handful remained.

Quote:

Somewhat. Except a large amount  of the people that get in the position to win elected titles are not in it for the people. Nullifies the voter a bit.

Sure, but you've still got to win elections to gain any sort of political power: municipal, state, congressional, etc.

Political success can always be traced back to the voter. How politicians sway voters is another story, and a sad one; but the power is always in voter's hands.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: unretarded]
    #10287850 - 05/05/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So? What I said still stands: our governments are only as good as our voters. Imperfect people vote imperfect politicians into power. Everyone lies.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

#10287869 - 05/05/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So, yeah: I think government as we know it shares a lot of similarities with people as we know them.

They're usually well meaning, easily corrupted, blind to their own flaws, often serve as scape-goats, and -- for the most part -- they do their jobs well enough to live another day. :shrug:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #10287880 - 05/05/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Like most vast entities that pervade our lives(religion, business, media, etc.), I feel ambivalent towards government.  I like our federalist form of government, with its checks and balances.  I don't like the fact that corporate influence is still as strong as it is, but overall I like the direction our country is headed(*waits for backlash from the Ron Paul dittoheads*).  I think government does cause a lot of problems when not managed correctly, but is not in and of itself a bad thing.

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: WhaT dO yOu ThinK oF tHe GoveRnmeNt ? [Re: Silversoul]
    #10287892 - 05/05/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Like most vast entities that pervade our lives(religion, business, media, etc.), I feel ambivalent towards government.  I like our federalist form of government, with its checks and balances.  I don't like the fact that corporate influence is still as strong as it is, but overall I like the direction our country is headed(*waits for backlash from the Ron Paul dittoheads*).  I think government does cause a lot of problems when not managed correctly, but is not in and of itself a bad thing.

:japsmile:

Most folk see in black and white and when one part of the government is disagreeable to them, then the whole country is a hellhole.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #10287909 - 05/05/09 12:25 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Misrepresentation tricks voters who have no way to find out the truth into electing them.

Sorry but you seem to not understand the way it actually plays out ,only the principals involved....sure that technically how it works......prime example ,Obama swore up and down he would leave our guns alone.....then less than 100 days after election he started in with trying to take them away,untill shit hit the fan and people started getting shot over it and 7 million guns got sold ,then he backed away for the time being.

How in the world does the voter controll bold faced liars,they dont.

How about I piss in a can and call it soda and blame it on you the consumer,after all you claim they all lie ,so its on you for buying pisss ,not me for lying.

The voter has no controll over the lies ,how could they possibly have ,a liar only knows he is a liar ,he does not put it down in a public journal..

If a person sayes he will do one thing and we vote him in based off of that and he does the complete opposite how is that the voters fault ??????

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

#10287970 - 05/05/09 12:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I guess the fault lies with human flaws :strokebeard:

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Loc: SouthernMan
    #10287973 - 05/05/09 12:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Presidents ALWAYS do that, not just Obama. Birth certificate anyone? :wink:  I jsut got to thinking about when the Florida counts got all jacked up.

Anyway, we tend to forget but our founding fathers were AFRAID of democracy. We were supposed to be a friggin republic where states have the power and the big government has our back, not control. Period.

I pledge allegiance to the flag and the REPUBLIC in which it stands.

edit:too many caps, get worked up haha

--------------------
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Anonymous

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

Edited by drainhaven (05/05/09 12:37 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order