Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguywhodoesthings
that guy

Need Advice : "Cased" contaminated cake : PICS
    #10287031 - 05/04/09 09:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So I had a cake become contaminated during incubation. I wondered why the rest of the substrate wouldn't colonize, opened the jar and found there to be a 'dirt' smell- I assumed it was Trich. There wasn't any visually noticeable Trich in the jar, but I'm sure it would soon make itself known. I removed all of the uncolonized parts and washed the rest of the white mycelium under the sink really well. Just for kicks, I thought i'd crumble what I had and put a small layer of verm on top (my verm supply is very short). Well wouldn't you know it, the mycelium started to grow and now there are mushrooms growing out of it. As of now, there isn't any green discoloration. When these mushrooms are ready for harvest, will they be safe to consume? I can't help but feel a little concerned considering they came from a contaminated jar. What's interesting is I haven't put the 'case' in my FC, I just keep it on my windowsill and mist it a few times a day.  Anyone with a similar experience? All advice welcome!

Peace

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need Advice : "Cased" contaminated cake : PICS [Re: guywhodoesthings]
    #10287044 - 05/04/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Looks good to me, yeah it will be fine for consumption, even with trich the only danger is if you're allergic to the spores... and contaminating your entire grow area.

Offlinecapt cap
art of revolution
Male User Gallery

Loc: VA
Re: Need Advice : "Cased" contaminated cake : PICS [Re: guywhodoesthings]
    #10287060 - 05/04/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

actually, someone i know is also doing this. i was wondering the same exact thing.. Will they be consumable?

--------------------

Offlineguywhodoesthings
that guy

Re: Need Advice : "Cased" contaminated cake : PICS [Re: capt cap]
    #10287204 - 05/04/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent, thats what I thought.

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder