Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Lactarius deliciosus (pics)
    #1027468 - 11/06/02 09:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Found last weekend,

Lactarius deliciosus

Pileus
Cap 5-13 cm broad, convex, becoming centrally depressed and vase-shaped; margin incurved, sometimes upturned in age; surface viscid when moist; color variable: various shades of orange and green arranged in concentric zones, orange often fading, while green tones continue to develop, predominating at maturity; flesh yellowish-orange, when cut yielding an orange latex soon turning green; taste, slightly bitter.

Lamellae
Gills close, subdecurrent, orange, greenish in age, bleeding an orange latex that stains green.

Stipe
Stipe 3-6 cm tall, 1.5-2.5 cm thick, equal to sometimes tapered at the base, orange, dry, occasionally with flattened pits (scrobiculations), bruising and staining green with age; veil absent.

Spores
Spores 7.5-11 x 6-7.5 ?m, broadly elliptical, with amyloid reticulations. Spore print creamy-buff.

Habitat
Solitary, scattered to gregarious under pines; fruiting from late fall to mid-winter.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Lactarius deliciosus (pics) [Re: MAIA]
    #1027710 - 11/06/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I found some of these when I was at a hippy festival about a month ago :smile:
They sure are tasty. I found some Indigo Milky's here in Atlanta in my Chanterelle patch too.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Lactarius deliciosus (pics) [Re: Remy]
    #1027743 - 11/06/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've already hunt these one time 6 years ago, i wasn't into mushrooms at that time but my local friends hunted this specie since they were a child. The spanish folks came to Portugal and will pay us 10$ for 1Kilo, then we head to Spain at night to have some fun in Zamora and Salamanca bars and discos with the money we earned :grin:. Oh gosh, how i miss my university days :crazy:...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (11/06/02 11:02 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags