Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineone2
Stranger

Newbie mushroom hunter
    #10272018 - 05/02/09 06:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

umm 2 things first im new second hope i posted this in the right place sorry if i did mods
umm okay im new 2 shrooming not shrooms i live in western washington and i know thet grow wild here but i think i need some help ive seen dead ones around january but only once
so if someone could help me find some preferably from self experience as ive googled it 5000 times with no good result
there is an empty field a patch of trees(mini forest) a lake lots of grass and dirt within 100 ft of where i live where would i find them and step by step how wold i identify then cure them and double check them after curing
sorry for the long post but i no the wrong mushroom can kill you

--------------------
smoke some weed, take few shots, eat some shrooms, now your in heaven
the best highs come from mother earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetherealziz
mushy gangsta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Lower Michigan
Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: one2]
    #10272098 - 05/02/09 06:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

as far as hunting bro, i hunt everyday and still haven't found anything. the big thing is patience. search this forum for mushrooms that grow wild in my area that should help u in finding out what kind of species to look for. once u know which ones grow there do some research on their habitats (what they grow on or near, season such as spring summer or autumn, what they look like but don't base your finds solely on pictures, and also do some research on cap sizes, stem length and thickness, colors, color of bruising, and prepare yourself to take spore prints.) post pictures of your finds on here along with a description based on the info. above, and if your lucky enough someone will identify them as the ones your looking for.

--------------------
if anyone has any spore sprints of actives or anything like that that they would like to pass on to a beginner than im your man just pm me.

Offlinec02
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: therealziz]
    #10272169 - 05/02/09 07:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

took me a year to finally find something on my property ... was finding a bunch of wrong/inactive mushrooms for a full year to the point that i wasn't sure what i was really looking for.. until 5 days ago.. finally foudn the right ones and now i've found a little here and there the last 5 days :smile: just keep looking and post here often with what you find

Offlineone2
Stranger

Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: c02]
    #10272279 - 05/02/09 08:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

@therealziz ok i will take your info in retrospect any sites you might recommend for me 2 look at
@c02 where do you live an what habitat were they in
if ne1 else cant give me a site to look @ like i said i googled it about 5000 times with no result till i found this forum by accident
also is there a way to check spores w/o a microscope is it necessary if so what power is needed

Edited by one2 (05/02/09 08:29 AM)

Offlinetherealziz
mushy gangsta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Lower Michigan
Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: one2]
    #10272295 - 05/02/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

honestly all the information your looking for is probably within this site somewhere. theres 1000's of pages and threads contributed by experienced hunters and mycologists. there is a very broad range of information here. you just have to look, and look even harder. as far as spores are concerned you can do a spore print like i said above. take the cap off of the mushroom and set it on a piece of tin foil for an hour or 2. it will leave a print behind, take pictures and describe the color and be sure to post them.

Edited by therealziz (05/02/09 09:06 AM)

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: therealziz]
    #10272383 - 05/02/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In the Spring, you're best bet is P. stunzii in high nutrient soil.  Maybe even P. baeocystis.  Unfortunately, the majority of them will be growing in private fields.  Don't do anything stupid.

OfflineYaYoKush
Seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: c02]
    #10272401 - 05/02/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

The actives you can look for that are known to grow in Washington are
Conocybe cyanopus
Conocybe smithii
Gymnopilus aeruginosus
Gymnopilus braendlei
Gymnopilus junonius
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus viridans
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus fimicola
Panaeolus olivaceus
Pluteus brunneidiscus (= Pluteus washingtonensis)
Pluteus salicinus
Psilocybe azurescens
Psilocybe baeocystis
Psilocybe cyanescens
Psilocybe cyanofibrillosa
Psilocybe cyanofriscosa
Psilocybe fimetaria
Psilocybe liniformans var. americana
Psilocybe pelliculosa
Psilocybe semiinconspicua
Psilocybe semilanceata
Psilocybe silvatica
Psilocybe strictipes
Psilocybe stuntzii
Psilocybe subaeruginascens
After you research those you will find which seasons to find the mushroom. Then take it to the field, take pics of your finds and follow the id faq to list the characteristics of the mushroom and we can id for you

--------------------
are we wizards? lol
...we do deal in various magics

OfflineYaYoKush
Seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie mushroom hunter [Re: YaYoKush]
    #10272429 - 05/02/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Oh yea field guides are a must for beginners, there are many in public libraries until you can buy your own.

--------------------
are we wizards? lol
...we do deal in various magics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract