Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational
    #10257617 - 04/29/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Personally i started from from the prespective of using them to treat depression to spiritual to then recreational. i have to say all is one. the only real difference is wether or not youre aware of what your doing and the reprocushions.

ill also then say that reguardless of anything visuals are visions and the differnce between the two is how aware and understanding of your mind and the message. if that makes sense. i think the further away from the truth of reality and further from being whole minded the less the vision makes sense and the more it turns into jus visuals. similar to watching an movie and not grasping anything that happened.

i guess thats all i have to say at the moment.

i love drinking ayahuasca and cleansing out the soul and i also love eating E going to a rave and getting blasted im not a drug addict but a bassline addict.

anywho what really brought this to mind was while camping with some shroomerites. one said something similar to that they take more of a spiritual out look but like to use it recreational and i personally consider our expereince we had to with out a doubt have been a spiritual one. 

which inturn was motivated by this time at a festival while trip faced on L my friend said it was time to smoked dmt and said this was a really spiritual moment and at first i was ready to reject the whole notion but then then i was like nah this is. shrug

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippy
Needlepoint
Male

Loc: Santa Cruz
Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: thedudenj]
    #10257645 - 04/29/09 06:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I started doing psychedelics at raves, so I was in it pretty much completely for the visuals and the body high.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I enjoy the deeper thought-provoking and consciousness-altering effects a lot more :shrug:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it would just learn to keep its mouth shut.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: Zippy]
    #10257905 - 04/29/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

well thats the thing i dont think i can ever really go nuts like other people cause i already am in a clamed down state. i took a bunch of ayahuasca, taught people to brew, formed healing circles, really got down temperence, as well as extensive use of amanita and such.

im very careful with my use but i will take a roll and dance and give tons of massages the best is apply stuff learned thru ayahuasca use and giving massages that make people start to roll that arnt.

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10258375 - 04/29/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I use them for both.

But a pretty consistant stance on my use is

Group trips = Rec

Solo = spriitual

All tho this doesn't always happen this way.  I have had spiritual trips in groups too.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10258943 - 04/29/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I tend to believe that while some people may insist that their interest in psychedelics is purely recreational, they will always walk out of the experience having learned something. Whether they are willing to admit so is a whole different matter.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: psychedelics spiritual use vs. recreational [Re: Zigmat]
    #10258980 - 04/29/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Psychedelics have actually made me a less spiritual person. They kind of helped me to see through the illusion that is the self/ego.

I mainly just try to enjoy my experiences, but at the same time I do feel I learn a lot about myself in the process... but I wouldn't say that has a thing to do with 'spirituality'

Edited by Subconscious (04/29/09 09:53 PM)

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: psychedelics spiritual use vs. recreational [Re: Subconscious]
    #10259052 - 04/29/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well what if within the clarity we begin to see that there is a collective spirit to a certain extent?

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: psychedelics spiritual use vs. recreational [Re: nocoast]
    #10259417 - 04/29/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Spiritual THEN recreational for me. :]

You can still have fun and learn things about yourself BTW.

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #10259500 - 04/29/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The older I get the more I realize its the same thing, It doesnt really matter anymore where I am at or what I am doing. If my initial reason to ingest wasnt spiritual it really dosent matter because once I do ingest life gets spiritual real quick. I notice that I am voyaging less and less now days so I put some thought into preparation, set and setting.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational *DELETED* [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #10259636 - 04/29/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Cognitive_Shift

Reason for deletion: Misinterpreted info.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10259690 - 04/29/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

He was saying its spiritual no matter what hes doing on psychedelics.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: Moo456]
    #10259754 - 04/29/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Moo456 said:
He was saying its spiritual no matter what hes doing on psychedelics.

well everything is.

that kinda follows the pricpal of and goes with how people say theres a shift happening and that will go in full effect.

of people becoming spiritually aware and reaching enlightenment everything before youre aware and enlightened is still spiritual because its your spirit in progress to becomming aware and your not there yet so you cant fully be held responsible cause you dont know. or something like that im really bad with words for stuff like that.

its like with reincarnation all the lives you live before being aware.

--------------------

Offlinexiscumming
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10260411 - 04/30/09 02:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Perus only law about mescaline is that you must take it with a shaman.... Good stuff

Offlinefriedmeat
Human being
Male User Gallery

Loc: East coast
Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: xiscumming]
    #10261554 - 04/30/09 10:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think a lot of what we get out of a trip depends heavily on what we have going into the trip.  As I get older and I learn more I realize many more things when I trip.  The first couple times I tried a psychedelic were when I was younger, ignorant of the ways of the world.  Those times were mostly just recreational.  Now however, I've met more people and been introduced to many new ideas.  I've taken some classes in chemistry and physics and I'm starting to understand how the universe works at the most basic level. 

My trips post introduction to ideas of particle physics, existentialism, string theory etc. have been much more insightful.  I feel like when I'm tripping I can directly observe the complex interactions and relations of all things, and I can use this to easily analyze my trip perceptions.  Put another way, I feel like the knowledge I've acquired has unlocked a greater potential of psychedelics.  It's like my tripping experiences mature along with my normal experiences.

These observations have me wondering though..  How much of a trip is directly constructed out of one's thoughts in the days/hours/minutes leading up to the trip?  And how many of these thoughts originated in psychedelic use?  For example, existentialist ideas fit really well with what I observe in an acid trip, but is that because the LSD experience embodies these ideas or because I have adopted these ideas and the LSD experience embodies my ideas?  In my experience my friends and I have many similar realizations on acid which makes me think it's the former but then again most of my friends and most people that would take psychedelics share many of the same ideals to begin with so it's not so clear..

--------------------
Something is happening that is not happening, something is happening which is not happening at all.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: friedmeat]
    #10261596 - 04/30/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I akin my psychedelic use to driving.
For the most part, vehicles are used for transportation; their primary purpose is to get us from once place to the other. But at the same time, driving can be quite fun, and sometimes I have no desire to get to point B, I just feel like going for a ride and enjoying the sights.
Psychedelics are the same way. For the most part, they are tools with powerful capabilities, they can teach, guide, create and destroy. They can also be used for "entertainment" purposes.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: satyr]
    #10261666 - 04/30/09 10:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

a funny psyhcedelic insight i saw once that made me laugh hard whats a shroomerites girl friend while at a gathering in the a lush woods was like "i never really knew mushrooms existed or like that , i mean i never really saw them and now i look around and they are everywhere" and i said "well they were always there you just werent aware of their existence so you couldnt notice em" thats much like psychedelics as well as their effects, thru growth and expereince you learn and see more" or something like that god only knows what i said exactly it was deffinatly better tho.

but thats really anything in life we as people can only be aware of so much at a given time, the mayan pop vhul kinda talks about how the great serpent created the jaguar people who had limitless sight but then took back the ability cause it made them equal to the serpent. and clearly the regular people that were created after the jaguar people had limited sight

--------------------

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Loc: sun
    #10261688 - 04/30/09 10:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

its very complicated people trip in  diffrent directions

--------------------
The stars relly suck tonight
Hate is so usefull i make sandwichs out of it
:sandwich:

OfflineCurdledCave
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: mtichael]
    #10261698 - 04/30/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There is a really cool episode of "Taboo" on Nat Geo that shows different cultures and their spiritual and medicinal uses of drugs psychadelic and the more cumbersome ones.

Including Indian people who binge on marijuana for 24 hours while fasting!!! thats hardcore

--------------------
"I have never had a problem with drugs, only problems with the police"--Keith Richards

"Think for yourself, Question Authority"--Timothy Leary

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: CurdledCave]
    #10261892 - 04/30/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I saw that episode. The guys make a pilgrimage to the temple are are given freecannabis for the ceremony. I envy them

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: psychedelics spirtual use vs. recreational [Re: satyr]
    #10262508 - 04/30/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
I saw that episode. The guys make a pilgrimage to the temple are are given freecannabis for the ceremony. I envy them

i think when i make a pilgrimage any where people give me cannabis lol but any who.

yeah theres tribes like the pygmis that smoke made pot around the camp fire out the tribal bong its crazy they are a cool tribe pacificsts

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies