Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecam4eva
lostsoul
lexapro a couple questions
    #10256712 - 04/29/09 03:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

HEy guys just want to know im gona be taking lexapro and I had a couple of questions. How long does it take for me to feel the effects? Someone sais it feels like a mild rold on this forum, wow that ausome but is it true? Should it affect me socialy? What are the first couple of days on it like I heard you feel sucidal is it true? Can I smoke on it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: cam4eva]
    #10256758 - 04/29/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 09:46 PM)

Offlinecam4eva
lostsoul
Re: lexapro a couple questions [Re: oxalic32]
    #10256779 - 04/29/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

socially in a good or bad way? did u notice any changes with your girl?

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: cam4eva]
    #10256810 - 04/29/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 09:19 PM)

OfflinePatisotagami
Organism
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Re: lexapro a couple questions [Re: oxalic32]
    #10257587 - 04/29/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

in my youth i was depressed and consequently was prescribed many different anti-depression meds. First Celexa (the precursor to Lexapro), then Lexapro, then Elavil, Remeron, and FINALLY Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin was the only one that worked for me, although I do remember my celexa/lexapro experience.

Lexapro made me feel slightly better, but gave me bad side effects. I couldn't concentrate, and although I wasn't necessarily depressed, I was having bad mood swings and was having trouble at home with the family and when i would hang out with friends. I hated myself on it. Needless to say, you can smoke weed on ANYTHING... as it is a supreme drug that probably doesn't interact negatively with anything (i'm not a doctor though so dont trust this if you dont want to).

Luckily I've been off all anti depressants for about 6 years now, and am much more able to deal with my emotions. If you REALLY feel that you are in a low that you just can't escape, antidepressants may help you get out of it. Instead of expensive and sometimes harmful Rx's, maybe try taking a 5-HTP herbal pill from walgreens or a health store. People claim that they help a LOT with depression and overall crappy moods.

Good luck, I know depression sucks. But you'll be better soon.

Also, MODERATOR: this should probably be moved to well being forum.

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: lexapro a couple questions (moved) [Re: cam4eva]
    #10257796 - 04/29/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Psychedelic Experience.

Reason:
fits better here

OfflinePatisotagami
Organism
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Re: lexapro a couple questions (moved) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10257891 - 04/29/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

also, taking antidepressants does NOT feel like you are rolling in the absolute least bit. It brings you to 'normal' from 'down'... antidepressants are NOT entactogens, like MDMA.

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: lexapro a couple questions (moved) [Re: Patisotagami]
    #10257965 - 04/29/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

cam4eva, from what psychiatrists and website (great sources of info :rolleyes:) told me, Lexapro and other SSRIs can take up to a month to feel the effects.

I took Lexapro when I was high school, and I can honestly say it was one of the worst things I have ever done  (wish I had known at the time).  It made me feel dizzy, uncomfortable, spaced out (as someone else said), introverted, and some other worse side effects, some of which are still with me to this day.  Additionally, it made me physically dependent on it to some extent.  It also destroys your sex drive (in some people).  The worst part of all, though, was that is created (or brought out) an anxiety disorder in me that has taken years to overcome.

Lexapro is a nasty drug, if you ask me, and I'd advise finding an alternative.  I've heard some people like Zoloft better, but I'm an advocate against SSRIs altogther.

Be careful, well your gf should anyway.  Find out as much as you can about the drug, including experience reports, and decide whether or not your girlfriend wants to still take the drug.

But supposedly it helps some people.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: lexapro a couple questions (moved) [Re: Society]
    #10259231 - 04/29/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lexapro is mild....

Offlinecryptic_pickle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #10260237 - 04/30/09 01:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Needless to say, you can smoke weed on ANYTHING... as it is a supreme drug that probably doesn't interact negatively with anything (i'm not a doctor though so dont trust this if you dont want to).

Ahh smoking weed is a majour cause for depression in some people, hence why it is classed as a 'depressant' 

Quote:

SocietyRejects said:
cam4eva, from what psychiatrists and website (great sources of info :rolleyes:) told me, Lexapro and other SSRIs can take up to a month to feel the effects.

I took Lexapro when I was high school, and I can honestly say it was one of the worst things I have ever done  (wish I had known at the time).  It made me feel dizzy, uncomfortable, spaced out (as someone else said), introverted, and some other worse side effects, some of which are still with me to this day.  Additionally, it made me physically dependent on it to some extent.  It also destroys your sex drive (in some people).  The worst part of all, though, was that is created (or brought out) an anxiety disorder in me that has taken years to overcome.

Lexapro is a nasty drug, if you ask me, and I'd advise finding an alternative.  I've heard some people like Zoloft better, but I'm an advocate against SSRIs altogther.

Be careful, well your gf should anyway.  Find out as much as you can about the drug, including experience reports, and decide whether or not your girlfriend wants to still take the drug.

But supposedly it helps some people.

I'm not sure you can blame all those symptoms solely on the lexapro you were taking, unless you forgot to take it for a while, or took it in to larger doses. 

Lexapro works for some people it does work for some people and its worked for me, I'de advise you to try it, it takes about a month to begin working but this differs from person to person, and may not be the right drug for you.  All it does is fixes an imbalance of chemicals in the brain (serotonin I think).  You should read up on some of the other side effects, my only one is a slight loss of sexual drive 

It is a mild effect but can make a big difference long term, you will not be able to feel it unless you forget to take it every day - then you definitely do feel dizzy.

--------------------
"What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?"
"He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'"
"And why did that upset you?"
"My name is Susan."

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: lexapro a couple questions (moved) [Re: cryptic_pickle]
    #10262438 - 04/30/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it affects different people differently.  The side effects that I listed took place when I was using Lexapro and taking no other drugs (including illegal).  The class of drugs that Lexapro is under is SSRIs- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.  But to be honest, they still do not really know what most of these drugs do or effect.  And considering they've only been around for a few years, they do not know the permanent or long term effects.

Personally, I wouldn't risk my brain chemistry with drugs like this, unless all other options towards fighting depression had run dry.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#10262717 - 04/30/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Lexapro should only be considered as a short term solution to get you out of a slump. And while you're being affected positivley by Lexapro, take advantage of the opportunity to change you lifestyle to promote a more positive mood natrually. Within 6 month to 1 year, lexapro will being to lose it's effects and you may either be increased on the dosage or changed to something else or supplimented with another drug. I would not advise anyone to up the dosage of lexapro once it stops working. I was on it for a year a long time ago. It worked great for me in the beginning once I leveled out, but began to lose its effects and bring on side effects after month 6. It took me 3 months to wean myself off of it with a pill cutter. I do feel it altered me permenantley though. Just my opinion.
If you do go on it, give yourself at least a month (unless immediate side effects are noticed).
It may make food taste extremely good. And make you crave carbs. Careful about the weight gain.
The most common side effect tends to be inorgasmia, so if you're a ten minute man, then you may benefit from the prolonging effect of it.

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: lexapro a couple questions (moved) [Re: cryptic_pickle]
    #10267474 - 05/01/09 07:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cryptic_pickle said:

Ahh smoking weed is a majour cause for depression in some people, hence why it is classed as a 'depressant' 

It depresses the Central Nervous System. Depressants are not to be confused with emotional depression.

It alarms me that you are about to take some pretty serious medication without knowing the basics of the drug.
Before you really get into this check out http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/ ; and get your info before you dive in. There are a lot of people reallllllly pissed off with the medical system for getting them hooked on this shit.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale