Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHuMe35
Stranger

Thank You Shroomery!!!
    #10254992 - 04/29/09 10:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hello Shroomery.  I wanted to give my thanks to the many great people on this site by sharing how mushrooms have helped me in my life. 

Five years ago, I first became a "lurker" on this great site.  I was just turning 19, fresh into a private university, feeling the excitement of meeting new people.  It was a new chapter of my life and I was ready to embrace it.

As a kid, I grew up right in the heart of the Southern Appalachians.  My dad works for the govt. and my mom a school teacher.  We had a nice house, nice things, etc...  There was always one thing that I never understood growing up, "why did my parents want to live in this small, redneck town, with absolutely nothing to do?" 

As time prolonged, I found myself graduating high school.  One school for the entire county with 1,000 or so students.  It was great that everyone knew everyone.  The entire town knew me of course.  I was constantly in the local newspaper (lol) for sports, mainly football.  My dad was an all-american running back in high school at 5'9", 155lbs.  I am 6'2" 215, also running back and LB, but more of a LB.  Anyways, I was trying to high light this: Small town, everyone knows me, my family, etc...  It really is horrible.

Off to the university I go with a partial academic and athletic scholarship which covered 2/3 of the tuition.  Which was way to high.  I was off the play some football and become a lawyer but...2 seasons later I found that I was miserable.  I was missing out on life.  My grades were a solid 2.5, usually just doing enough to get by.  Football sucked the life out of me.  It was horrible spending everyday at class, then football from 1-8.  So after 1.5 years I quit.  And it felt great.

I transferred schools to a much larger university(35K) and could not be happier.  I was closer to my g/f, which I started dating when I was 18.  I changed my major to water and soil resources,BSES.  Things were going good and I was more at peace with myself.  And school was way easier here.

Over the next couple years things go great.  My life is great but feel some more excitement when I received a print.  I had lurked for years, reading hours upon hours.  Finally, I was lucky enough to grab another print.  I only grew once before.  I was a kid that got lucky just trying to explore. 

Three months later I find myself knee deep in shrooms.  They were like my babies.  I would even wake up in the middle of the night just to fan/mist.  I felt this "strange" connection to them.  Watching and learning.  I have always loved shrooms for their power to search my mind deep and within.  Since they were so scarce I was finally able to really explore. 

I tested the fresh babies out.  wow.  They were by far the best I have ever eaten in my life.  Up to this point I have only reached a level 4.  At this point I am engulfed.  I probably ate them 5-8 times in a two months period.  3.5g-6g was pretty intense and I kept hand written journals also. 

Each trip felt like it was building up to something bigger.  Like something was missing and I knew it.  There was something incomplete in my life and I was finally aware of it.  I wanted to go deep, real deep.  I fast, ingest 12g dry(took a hour), and was ready.  7 hours later I woke up a new me.  Ego less.  It was the most profound experience of my life.  I need to write a report since I remember it like it was yesterday.

I dug real deep.  It took me to a place that I was longing to be.  I remember looking up, seeing my body drift in the air.  I was laid before myself and I found what I was searching for.  My g/f since HS is the best thing in my life.  She loves me for me.  And I feel the exact same way.  It was time to get married. She is my best friend.  We do everything together.  We always knew we wanted to get married. So we got married and for our honeymoon we were going to attempt to hike the Appalachian trail. 

Off we go.  We hike the A.T.  It took almost 7 months but WOW.  It is a trip within itself.  Being one with nature, with my wife, was so fucking awesome.  I miss it everyday.  We are done in Oct then back to school.

Now I am 24, I am still happily married, getting out of school soon, and planning for my next adventure.  I have many things through my hobby and being in the woods.  Just be happy.  Do what makes you happy.  Give peace a chance and realize that only you can change you.  There is still a lot of good left in this world.

I want to thank all members.  I felt like I needed to share my story.  Mushrooms have helped me and my wife is so many ways.  I am looking forward to contributing to the community.

Peace and Love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder