Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Need some advice on isolating my grow from the outside world
    #10252351 - 04/28/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So i moved into a new place...there is fucking carpet everywhere...tried a monotub grow a while back...everything contaminated...So i tried a new technique that seemed slightly cleaner...bought some decent Filters for the HVAC (3M filtrete 1700) running that on all the time except when i mix up the monotubs...I know for a fact my spawn is sterile...and i know that my monotub design is sealed from the outside world until pin initiation...but my tubs never make it a week into the spawn run at 1:1 spawn ratio using layering...so i have so i have determined that it is worth my investment to build a small cleanroom environment to mix my tubs and store the during spawn run...

First off, I am growing in my closet...which has carpet floors...is there anything i can do to reduce kicking up contaminants everytime i walk over the carpet...like maybe putting a layer of plastic down?

Also...is there something that is paint and drywall safe that i can scrub the walls and ceiling with to get rid contams? Or is that even a problem?

next i want to reduce the overall particle count in my closet...I have a Hunter brand HEPA filter/Fan combo with prefilter that i can stand up on a shelf that can run on low all the time to filter out a lot of the larger particles and some of the smaller particles.

I was thinking of taking a four tier tool shelf that i had in my closet for storage and cleaning it up and either wrapping in heavy duty plastic sheeting or building an acrylic or plexi-glass shell around it...with small 18x18" access doors built into the side... install a lighting system (Sealed LED light sticks) on each shelf...and having either a HEPA or ULPA filter/fan combo sitting on top of the whole setup blowing filtered air into the setup...thus positively pressurizing the whole shebang...This way I can open up one of the doors and have a constant flow of clean air out of the door so i can mix tubs on that shelf...and then store it in the clean environment during the spawn run...thus nearly eliminating the chance for contamination...I hope.

I was also hoping to have small holes at the bottom of the chamber to allow laminar flow from top to bottom during closed-door operation...but not enough flow through the bottom that the whole setup is no longer positively pressurized...

Now I will admit that I have not worked that much in a lab or cleanroom environment...and I realize that i wont be able to keep this thing at a class 10 or class 100 cleanroom status...but I'm pretty sure that my current rating right now is somewhere b/w class 1 and 10 million...any suggestions on the cleanup and the isolated environment would be awesome

Thanks in advance :cool::thumbup:
agmotes165

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehoudinihar
Adventurous Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Need some advice on isolating my grow from the outside world [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #10255389 - 04/29/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

agmotes165,
my house is full of carpet, too. i have to do the best i can. have also grown outside and of course, conditions couldn't be any dirtier there probably.

i think your idea of the plastic over the carpet is a good idea. it will definitely reduce the amount of dust kicked up in the closet.

Quote:

either a HEPA or ULPA filter/fan combo sitting on top of the whole setup blowing filtered air into the setup...thus positively pressurizing the whole shebang...

you can't really positive pressurize your room by putting your filtering device inside because you have to have a source for your incoming air or it really won't be a positive pressurized room at all, merely one that blows air around. your intake side of the filter would only pull air from where it sits.

you would have to be sure you have an airtight incoming line to your filter which might be very difficult with a unit like you said you had. but having the unit inside like you wanted in the first place and scrubbing the air all the time, or intermittently inside of your sealed closet space would be fine, i think. the open time for you to work on your project won't be that bad and then the air will be scrubbed again once you seal it up and leave. you will significantly reduce the contaminates with your filter setup.

houdnihar

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need some advice on isolating my grow from the outside world [Re: houdinihar]
    #10255580 - 04/29/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Plastic, plastic and more plastic.  Cover the walls, carpet,  everything with plastic.  Other than that you could have mold in the duct work of the house,  so cover the vent in your clean room.
  Are you using coir,  if you are change brands.  Some get bad batches that are contaminated with trich and it will ruin your grow every time even in a clean room.
GL,
CH

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: Need some advice on isolating my grow from the outside world [Re: CH HELL]
    #10256974 - 04/29/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

as far as the positively pressurized bit, what i was talking about was having a loosely sealed container inside the closet that would have a HEPA or ULPA filter/blower assembly drawing air from the closet into the container...thus positively pressurizing the container, but not the closet...I am fortunate enough not to have a vent in my closet...

I will research this and work on it a little over the summer...If i come up with anything i will be sure to post on it...Thanks for your help :grin:

agmotes165

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds