Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesocratus
Stranger
MGK Kits, Question
    #10246781 - 04/27/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hello out there! I just found this website courtesy of Deoxy.org.

I have been into cultivating mushrooms now for awhile, my wife makes wonderful stews, but we've been thinking about purchasing an indoor grow box to save us the trouble of driving around and looking or just going to the store.

I was curious as to wonder what some of Shroomery's recommendations for growboxs were, specifically ones that can be bought online, fully equipped and ready to go.

Also, has anyone ever ordered off of Psychedelic.com? I have read their website and done some research but to no avail, I am still unsettled. Their presentation is anything but professional in my opinion.

Anyways, thank you ahead of time to those who reply!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlienTechKilla
iStalk

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MGK Kits, Question [Re: socratus]
    #10247446 - 04/28/09 03:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think anyone here would recommend a grow kit. I purchased one when I started and it was a waste of money.

Shroomery is VERY BIG on using that little search bar thingy on the top right side of the page though and had you used it, you would find a plethora of info on what you need to start. You'll probably want to start with the PF Tek.

Look up the Mushroom Info>Grow Mushrooms>Getting Started tab at the top under the logo and start there.

Driving around looking for things when you have the internet at your finger tips is a lil' silly as well but that's my opinion.

Have tons of fun and welcome.

ATK

OfflineApacheChief
Stranger

Re: MGK Kits, Question [Re: AlienTechKilla]
    #10247512 - 04/28/09 03:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineNicci
Cheshire Cat
 User Gallery

Re: MGK Kits, Question [Re: ApacheChief]
    #10247837 - 04/28/09 06:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

My wife bought me a grow kit for $120. when it arrived and I opened it, I could have built the exact same thing for $30 and a trip to Wal-Mart.  I tried to contact them and they disconnected their phone. Don't support these scammers. They take the money of honest growers.

Offlinesocratus
Stranger
Re: MGK Kits, Question [Re: Nicci]
    #10249429 - 04/28/09 01:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have yet another question about online ordering since you fellas are helping me out so much, what are some available, nonfraud, websites... what are the views on Mushbox?

I think I have decided I am going to go with HawksEye for spores.

Edited by socratus (04/28/09 01:37 PM)

OfflineAlienTechKilla
iStalk

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MGK Kits, Question [Re: socratus]
    #10249931 - 04/28/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Whats a Mushbox?

If you mean the grow box place.... read this.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6619761#6619761

I go out to my local walmart and pick up a few Sterlite 27qt boxes... all clear... and use those for my old shotgun FC (fruiting chamber) and for my mono. They work great. If you decide to go with the PF Tek, don't use an incubator. It just leaves a lot of room for failure. Just let the jars colonize on their own at room temp as long as the room temp is under 80 and over 60 the jars will colonize just fine. They don't need to be in the dark but a lot of people do leave them in the dark.

I would suggest doing a Mono tub. If you look it up there are a lot of teks regarding how to do mono's. They are easy and will give you a lot of fruits for your effort. It's just my opinion but mono's are just as easy to set up and WAAAAAAYYYYYY easier to maintain.

Remember, don't spend anything until you know exactly what you want to accomplish. I spent over $100 for my first grow kit and was pissed to find about $30-$40 of material that I too could have purchased locally.

Have fun no matter what you do for a grow and try not to stress the small stuff. I used to get spores from Ralphster and always had GREAT luck.

ATK

Edited by AlienTechKilla (04/28/09 02:58 PM)

OfflineStormTrooper
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: MGK Kits, Question [Re: AlienTechKilla]
    #10249965 - 04/28/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah man check out the sponsers. They have never let me down.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale