Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCapt. Hofmann
Obviously you're not a golfer
 User Gallery

Racing mind, anxiety at high doses
    #10241968 - 04/27/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hopefully this hasn't already been answered elsewhere.  So here it goes...

I've only taken mushrooms four times, and the only other psychedelic I've taken is acid, which I've probably done over ten times (although it was street-quality, pretty low-grade half the time or more).  Each time I've taken shrooms the experiences have been pretty varied, and always enjoyable (although the first time I took them I wasn't quite prepared for the emotional rollercoaster ahead and ended up having a pretty bad trip, but the visuals made it a worth-while experience). 

Each time I've taken shrooms the dose has been between 1 and 2.2 grams, so I've never had an extremely powerful trip.  The main reason I haven't ventured to dose on 3 grams or an 8th is the fear that I would have an unbelievably intense bad trip, even though, as I said, I don't think I'm particularly prone to bad trips.  So my question is - at higher doses (i.e. an 8th or more) do the feelings of nausea, which I've never had a very bad time with, and the confusing racing mind become even harder to keep under control?  If so, I'd probably struggle to keep afloat above the abyss of a bad trip.

Thanks in advance.  Happy tripping.  :eek:

--------------------
Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Capt. Hofmann]
    #10242060 - 04/27/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Capt. Hofmann said:So my question is - at higher doses (i.e. an 8th or more) do the feelings of nausea, which I've never had a very bad time with, and the confusing racing mind become even harder to keep under control?  If so, I'd probably struggle to keep afloat above the abyss of a bad trip.

My only unpleasant trips have been on lower doses where "struggling to keep afloat" is even an option. High enough a dose and your panicky little controlling mind gets mercifully, firmly picked up by scruff of neck and carried away to a place of awe and peaceful submission. The come-up can be rough, I admit. And true, I do fear how bad things could get if the shrooms were one of these times to treat me less gently at a high dose. Fills me with proper respect: approach humbly and not too often.

OfflineWeedy
 User Gallery

Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10242276 - 04/27/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've taken 7g's before and lets just say it was rough. The nausea that comes with it is intense but bareable. 4g's which is what we take normally is a kick in the gut but if ur not a pussy you can make it through it. Visuals are intense as well as emotions that come with it but I've also taken mushies over 70 times w/ acid, X, & DXM so its not that big of a deal. Do it if u want a night to talk about.

Offlinephreakod98
Dood
Male

Loc: Maine
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Weedy]
    #10242481 - 04/27/09 12:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well im fairly experienced at high dose tripping, and ive found the key to enjoying a high dose, is to not try and control it at all.

Trying to control a trip that is beyond you will instantly put you in a bad place of fear and anxiety. Think of it as a roller coaster, you cant control where it goes but enjoy the aspect of not having to worry about where its going because youll always be able to get off when its done.

My normal dose is between 8-11 grams maybe about every two months and when i trip i just let go and let my mind take me where it will. I havent had a bad trip since high school when i didnt know what i was doing and did it in the wrong situations, so just let go and youll be all set

--------------------
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride. :fearandloathing:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Capt. Hofmann]
    #10242500 - 04/27/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think anxiety and racing thoughts is just you still holding on to what ever is left of your ego.  I sometimes do this when tripping characterized by "needing a cig" or "needing some water" or "needing to be alone for a second"

If your in good vibes, just go with the flow and ride them out!

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10242525 - 04/27/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Stimulate your brain out of biting itself by taking a nature hike or something. Surround yourself with sensory information to knock your head out of its loop.

Other than that, you should welcome the possibility of a bad trip.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #10243633 - 04/27/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Another important thing to not is that the entire trip does not stay the same for the 6 hours. I think a lot of the anxiety comes with the initial first waves, which at 5-8 grams can be really intense. You have to realize that it won't stay that intense for the whole 6 hours. So just give in and hang on - it will be a white knuckled ride, but in the end its usually all for the best.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10243671 - 04/27/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tranquil Toad said:
I think a lot of the anxiety comes with the initial first waves

I totally agree.

Coming up, and right before the peak / the peak is when most of my negative thoughts come in (if i have any at all)

Most of the time it is just wishing i wasn't tripping anymore because of what i call "information overload"

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Edited by Cognitive_Shift (04/27/09 03:57 PM)

OfflineAcorn
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the woods
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10243696 - 04/27/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

do something that is possitive in your mind, I enjoy sitting outside watching the trees and the wind, it really calms me down.  if your having some nausea, try to consume them in some sort of tea with lemon juice and leave the actual mushrooms out of your stomach, I think I read in GGMM by Stamets that this will help

OfflineHuMe35
Stranger
Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: Acorn]
    #10244030 - 04/27/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I usually only eat higher doses with 1-2grams of good, quality herb.  This usually does the trick and helps eliminate any nausea during my journey. 

Lots of good advice here.  Just enter with the proper mind set and things should flow pretty easy.  Just remember it always gets better.  Being outside is a huge plus.  Make sure you know the area and feel peaceful.

Good Luck

OfflineCapt. Hofmann
Obviously you're not a golfer
 User Gallery

Re: Racing mind, anxiety at high doses [Re: HuMe35]
    #10245428 - 04/27/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the great, prompt advice and clarification.

Taking all this into account, I'm planning on dosing 3 grams to an 8th about 2 weeks from now (I just tripped yesterday, so I'll have to allow a certain amount of time passage before I delve back into the other realms of consciousness).  I'll probably end up sitting in a dark room with headphones on, which is something I've never done on shrooms but have heard great things about.  I'm guessing it'll be easier to just 'let go' and accept whatever happens if my mind is constantly occupied by music.  Realizing effects vary greatly depending on a number of factors, is such an amount usually sufficient to enjoy such a setting?  Normally I trip outdoors, only going inside once in a while if it's an option, although my first shroom experience was in a dormroom, which led to feelings of tension and anxiety, and a halfway bad trip.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

--------------------
Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order