Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheOnlyOasis
Stranger
My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!)
    #10240853 - 04/27/09 02:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all, its my first post here so... whatsup =]

So last thursday was my first time doing shrooms (or pretty much anything other than weed actually unless you count adderall) and I ate 2.5 grams (I'm 19, 5'9, 215 pounds). A friend of mine who's done shrooms before did them with me, and he says that they were horrible quality (but his word doesn't mean much... he's known for talking bullshit lol).

Just so you guys know what I was expecting... 3 of my buddies did shrooms a couple weeks ago and they told me it was intense but really cool, and it was kind of a "bonding experience" for them and they felt closer to each other from the trip. For days afterwards they'd talk about stuff like "hey guys remember when we were tripping and we came here and was looking at that fence?!" "remember when we were sitting on these benches?? that was like at the peak of our trip!" and they had all these cool stories, and I could tell just from their face and the way they talked about it how great of an experience it was for them... needless to say, I couldn't wait to try them.

The guy I did them with (lets call him Jim) and he was being kind of a douchebag that night... so I started the night kinda pissed at him. I was a bit anxious about tripping for the first time and he wasnt really helping (after I ate mine he put his shrooms back in his bag and was like "haha you're trippin alone tonight fucker!" and almost gave me a fucking heart attack... he was joking thankfully lol) To give you an idea of the setting, it was like 10-15 of us sitting in my friend's dorm room just hangin out, playin video games, passin around a bowl (not me, I wanted to feel the effects of the trip without being high first), and so forth... pretty much the daily scene, nothing too out of the ordinary other than the fact that theres normally only 5 or 6 people chillin in the room, but I knew everyone there pretty well, and they all knew i was about to take shrooms so it wasn't a big deal.

I took the shrooms at about 6:40 PM and didn't really feel anything until about 7:30. I asked Jim "are you feelin the shrooms yet?" consequently telling the whole room that he took shrooms with me (I forgot he told me he wanted to see how long he could go until people could tell that he was tripping, so I accidentally ruined that for him). He got pissed and was talking shit like "you're so fucking retarded, how the hell do you already tell the entire fucking room... god damnit... " etc etc. This wasn't really him being a dick (he talks like that all the time, its kind of his personality, he wasn't trying to start shit with me or anything - he was just being pissy). So... i felt bad about that... and my friend mitch was trying to make sure I have a good trip so he was just like "its cool dude dont worry about it." And RIGHT then, I accidentally spill mitch's vodka on the floor and people in the room are like "nooooo... damn dude" and again, nobody was really that pissed and it wasnt a big deal, its just the standard shit you expect to get after spilling booze, but then Jim said something like "allllllrighty, this isn't going to be a good night for him I can see it already haha" which kinda struck a chord with me for some reason (more-so I guess because I was kinda expecting that bond with my tripping-buddy like my friends had talked about) and mitch was just like "its ok man its no big deal" again trying to keep me happy for my trip, but for some reason I felt really anxious/shitty and was just like "my bad" I was just thinking "fuck... god damnit.." in my head ... I can't even describe how bad I felt (kinda like everyone was staring at me and my world was turning upside down), and felt like I was about to cry and couldn't even help it, so I just hurried out of the room without even making eye contact with anyone and just said "man i'm tweakin out in here" in an obviously shaky voice as i left the room (without even putting my shoes back on because I was afraid if I waited any longer I'd just start bawling in front of them). While walking down the hall and into the bathroom I just completely broke down in tears and just washed my face off so that nobody could tell. Right aftewards I sat down to take a shit, which is when I first started to notice visual effects. It was probably around 7:45 by now and as I was just sitting there I saw the wall of tiles in front of me start to wave. I was trying to cheer myself up thinking "nice! finally seeing some cool stuff from these shrooms!" For some reason I was feeling really anxious about going back to my friends dorm (especially considering I just freaked out and left, and everyone was still probably in there) so I just went to my own room by myself and turned on some music.

Around 8:00 some of my friends came down to check up on me and give me my shoes back (haha), and even though they were being really nice, when they came I started feeling anxious/sad again. One of my friends (the guy who I got the shrooms from, actually... lets call him Bobby) was saying stuff like "wow dude, your room is really nice. This is such a good view... I wish I got a view like this from my room." and in my head I knew they were saying that stuff because I was tripping (I guess being over-nice to someone who's tripping could have the opposite effect?) and my eyes were watering up again (no idea why I was sooo fucking emotional) so i just pretended to look outside the window until I felt I regained my composure. Bobby figured i'd like it outside so he was like "hey buddy want to go down for a cig with me?" and I agreed... I guess he could tell I was still in freak-out mode a little bit so he was saying stuff like "yea man... i really like shrooms... ya know...its a nice, natural drug..." trying to be reassuring, but again, this was kind of having the opposite effect on me and making me even more nervous knowing that he was saying this to me to try to prevent a bad trip. When we got outside I remember feeling better, and after the cig we were about to head back to my friends room (that I was originally in). I was completely fine until we got to his floor and started walking down the hall towards his room... I just felt like I was getting more and more nervous and emotional with every step i took towards his door, and meanwhile Bobby was walking alongside me trying to keep me reassured and making conversation, but right before we got to my friend's door I just couldn't take it anymore and felt like I was going to cry again and just turned around and started walking in the other direction back towards my room without even saying anything... Bobby didn't say anything or call after me because I'm guessing he just didn't want to trigger anything negative.

On the way to my room I saw a guy who I've chilled/partied with before but I don't really know him too well... I guess he could see i was a bit out-of-it because he was like "dude you are really baked right now aren't you? " and I just lied to him and said yes just because I didn't want to tell him i was tripping and he was just like "haha alright man have a fun night." I dunno why but that interaction i had with him put me in a reallly good mood. When I got back to my room another friend texted me asking where I went and I told them I was just gonna smoke. After like 15 mins a few of my smokin buddies came down to my room and we were gonna roll a blunt. By the time we got enough weed for our blunt and had it ready to go it was probably like 9:00. Jim was with us too (he said he wasn't pissed at me and its all good and I didn't really have negative feelings towards him anymore), and it seemed like he was tripping more than me from the way he was acting/talking (by this time I didn't really feel any other effects, other than feeling more confused/forgetful than usual, but I don't know if that was the shrooms). As we were walking outside on our way to blunt-smoking place, I was looking around trying to see if I could get myself to see anything cool and stuff from the shrooms, but didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. At one point me and Jim were walking and he was talking about how crazy awesome this one open field looked... and we just stood there staring at it and started talking about how great the scenery looked and whatnot, but I think a lot of it was me just kinda humoring Jim and maybe somewhat of a placebo effect I was trying to give myself...

...and that was pretty much it. I didn't feel too different or see any visuals or anything after all that, and pretty much returned to normal. Other than freaking out in my friends room, crying like a baby, and seeing those tiles move, I didn't get much from the trip. In retrospect, some of the the stuff I mentioned in this "trip report" seem like insignificant and mundane details, but thats pretty much the most significant things were that happened and went through my mind after takin the shrooms.

So, do you guys think these shrooms were just shitty quality, or is this just the kind of effect shrooms have on me (I've heard that different people react differently to shrooms depending on their personality). From the things I've heard, I should've gotten a much more intense experience from those 2.5 grams. Is there any way to visibly tell the difference between good and bad shrooms? The stuff I got had thin long stems (around 3 and a half inches, thats probably like 5-7 centimeters for you metric scale people) and the caps were tiny (like a half inch diameter). I hear that they're often completely dry to the point where they crumble into a powder. While mine seemed pretty dry, it wasn't powder dry. The stems were kinda flexible and I could rip pieces off the stem. If this means that it wasn't completely dried out yet, I'm guessing that added fluff to the 2.5 grams.

If they were just bad quality shrooms, then even though I got ripped off I guess I'm kinda lucky - with the way things were going at first it seemed like I might end up having a bad trip especially with a stronger dose. From reading about my experience do you guys have any advice or suggestions as far as what I should do for my next trip, how much I should take, what kind of people/setting I should take it around, etc? Similar experiences, advice, shroom info, stories, or any input at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by TheOnlyOasis (04/27/09 04:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehelter_skelter
Hello Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: TheOnlyOasis]
    #10241254 - 04/27/09 06:15 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Your lucky i read through that mostly un-paragraphed story.

but i will advise next time u should try the same dose, but maybe just with the one or 2 friends that were trying to keep you positive, and just stay in the one place listen to tunes and watch a movie together, thats all.

set and setting my friend, if u all get together start talkin about "how shit your week was, but it's alright now coz the weekend is here", laugh about it have a beer or i dunno something u enjoy doing with your friends to get you in a good mood, then let the shroom party begin.

Offlinejimjimjim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: TheOnlyOasis]
    #10241379 - 04/27/09 07:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'll be honest, I didn't read through it. What can I say; I'm lazy. And enjoy a good paragraph once in a while.

Having said that, this part stuck out for me:

Quote:

TheOnlyOasis said:
Just so you guys know what I was expecting... 3 of my buddies did shrooms a couple weeks ago and they told me it was intense but really cool, and it was kind of a "bonding experience" for them and they felt closer to each other from the trip. For days afterwards they'd talk about stuff like "hey guys remember when we were tripping and we came here and was looking at that fence?!" "remember when we were sitting on these benches?? that was like at the peak of our trip!" and they had all these cool stories, and I could tell just from their face and the way they talked about it how great of an experience it was for them... needless to say, I couldn't wait to try them.

Now I'm not claiming to be either experienced or completely knowledgeable about every aspect of shrooms. But I think your expecations may have been part of the reason for the less-than-great trip.

Obviously you can't rule out the fact that the shrooms might not have been the best in the world, and you can't rule out the fact that your setting probably didn't help much either. But if you had all these expectations of bonding and tripping balls then the real experience is gonna fall short, especially with the dose you took. Like I said, I'm not an expert, but these are just my thoughts.

I'll say once more: I'm no expert. But for me, at least, I found beauty in the subtleties when I was tripping. You were in an environment where a lot was going on and that was probably blocking out some of the deeper thoughts and feelings that you get with shrooms. I'm not saying that next time you should do it totally alone, but like helter_skelter says, make sure that you're on the same page as the people that you trip with. Personally I couldn't deal with chilling with quite a few people who were there to observe me but who weren't tripping themselves; not particularly because of anxiety but simply because they would be detracting from the experience.

Hope these thoughts help, and good luck with your next trip!

InvisibleMelusina
Male
Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: helter_skelter]
    #10241386 - 04/27/09 07:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

God, I would not want to trip with someone as awful as that Jim person.I know you say that's just his personality, but his personality sounds like one belonging to an Asshole.

If you get the chance to do it again, I would suggest trying it with a close friend or two that you can TRUST. People who are not so hung up on being "cool" that they try to make everyone else feel like a loser.

Part of tripping is the ability to not worry about trying to be "cool." I've spent many trips laughing at the absurdity of social rules such as "you must wear pants" and "you must not pick your nose."

When there is a social Nazi in the room, it is very difficult to get to that place. Next time, find someone who is ACTUALLY cool to trip with, instead of someone who is so insecure about themselves that they have to prove some juvenile idea of "coolness" by bringing others down.

In other words...trip with a NICE person.

Offlinephreakod98
Dood
Male

Loc: Maine
Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: Melusina]
    #10242430 - 04/27/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with the set/setting thing. a dorm room with 15 people is definitely not the place i would wanna trip. I really enjoy tripping by myself because i feel totally free, around other people i feel like i have to stay somewhat "normal" and get very anxious about whether or not im acting weird. by myself i can just roll around on my sheets cuz they feel cool with my fan blowing on me and not worry about what someone might think about it. i would say eat the same dose again by yourself in a quiet place and youll get a much better experience out of it.

--------------------
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride. :fearandloathing:

OfflineHuMe35
Stranger
Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: phreakod98]
    #10242898 - 04/27/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Set and Setting!!! Get out of the dorm and find a nice place to camp.  Bring whatever you want.  It is a blast. 

People cry on shrooms all the time.  Just embrace it with open arms and things will work out. 

There are many things you can learn.  My advice is pick one or two good friends and go on a journey.  Get outside for a weekend and enter with a good mindset.  It will be those days you remember the most. 

Good luck.

InvisibleChrispyChris
Stranger
Male

Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: phreakod98]
    #10243820 - 04/27/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've only done mushrooms one time, so you don't have to take anything I say serious, but maybe next time, just chill with one or two people that are going to be tripping with you. Make sure they are nice too. Pick a good setting too, because I have read that mushrooms are not a party drug. Maybe you should just go sit out in a forest or walk around in a park with two buddies, and see how that goes.

--------------------

OfflineHappyTripping
Tranceformer
Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: ChrispyChris]
    #10272610 - 05/02/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Dorm rooms with lots of people are always bad news and account for my only "bad" trip (my third trip, which was just ego death).

I'd say that that feeling of nervousness that you experienced is perfectly normal.  Next time, try to embrace it.  It will go away.  Examine the nature of the feeling and soon you be in a flow state of meta-awareness.

I'd say that at this point, if you liked your first trip enough and you are well-enough intrigued by the psychedelic experience, go back and trip again.  Only by tripping a few times will you gain enough practical experience that you'll know what to "expect" (and not to expect) on a trip.

As everyone else here has said, it is primarily about set and setting.  Find a cool person or two to trip with in a great place.

OfflineCurdledCave
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: HappyTripping]
    #10272638 - 05/02/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You can fit 15 people in a dorm?!

--------------------
"I have never had a problem with drugs, only problems with the police"--Keith Richards

"Think for yourself, Question Authority"--Timothy Leary

OfflineCurdledCave
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: My First Time Trying Shrooms (expected more... almost had a bad trip) (warning: long post!) [Re: CurdledCave]
    #10272644 - 05/02/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You should consider camping bud, and eat ya some more of those cubies

--------------------
"I have never had a problem with drugs, only problems with the police"--Keith Richards

"Think for yourself, Question Authority"--Timothy Leary

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract