Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineToxicFungus
Stranger
Male

Loc: Orange County CA
incubator and fruiting chamber
    #10231715 - 04/25/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So i was checking out different methods of making incubators and Fruiting chambers and i just wanted to make one with both in one i was looking at shroomathans tutorial he has a good concept he just needed to change a few things so that during fruiting it could get proper air flow after a little thinking i came up with basicly the same thing but instead of one container inside of the other it just a small tub inside of the container, if you had a big container filled with water and a heater then i replace the inner container with a tub Kind of if i were to stick a casing straight into the water not submerged completely of course and while incubation you put the jars in the tub i drew a picture on paint
i know its cheap but anyways while fruiting it would get maximum humidity and while incubation it would stay warm because the water warms the whole container any ways if you feel the air holes would let out warmth seal them while incubating and open them while fruiting
what do you think i have yet to try it im waiting for my tax refund.:)

Edited by ToxicFungus (04/25/09 05:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: incubator and fruiting chamber [Re: ToxicFungus]
    #10231928 - 04/25/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

*sigh*

I would say something but I don't think its gonna matter.  Go ahead and do it and learn the hard way...

**EDIT**

If you're incubating your jars in the smaller tub, with the smaller tub's lid sealed you've got stagnant air and that is not good for your colonizing jars.

If you're incubating with the smaller tub's lid off, with the big one on you've got a moist environment which isn't good for the incubating jars either, moist filters will allow contaminants to wick right through the filter media.

If you're incubating with both of the lids off, you've got standing water which also shouldn't be anywhere near colonizing jars, OR anything thats fruiting.

Its a bunk design made by someone who hasn't grow enough mushrooms to realize that there are much simpler, easies, cheaper, and more effective ways to grow on a small scale.

Incubating in general is retarded, jars and substrates can colonize at normal room temperature, in open air, open light. Anything above 80F caters towards the growth of contamination and slows down mycelial growth.

Just do a simple shotgun FC, and focus on controlling the the temperature of the room that the FC and jars are in.  The shotgun FC is currently the most widely suggested FC for new or small scale growers because it works.  Its cheap, simple, and works.   

In this hobby, K.I.S.S. is king.  Over-complicating things and trying to reinvent the wheel will just lead to failure, a waste of time, money, and effort.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Edited by shroomzey (04/25/09 04:53 PM)

OfflineToxicFungus
Stranger
Male

Re: [Re: ToxicFungus]
    #10232066 - 04/25/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

go ahead ive never grown mushrooms i could use the advice.

Edited by ToxicFungus (04/25/09 05:22 PM)

OfflineToxicFungus
Stranger
Male

Re: incubator and fruiting chamber [Re: shroomzey]
    #10232257 - 04/25/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you very much for the help i was tryin to figure out what i will buy for my first setup now i get it.

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: incubator and fruiting chamber [Re: ToxicFungus]
    #10232273 - 04/25/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No problem, sorry for coming off disinterested on that reply, its just tiring seeing people submit teks and/or advice with little experience, because then people like you who are new growers latch onto those teks and then if it happens to work for you(which it could) you'll then tell others what you did, furthering the progression of a method that shouldn't have been submitted in the first place.  I hate seeing new growers being fed bad information.

Good luck.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.

Offlineshroomathan
shroomer
Male

Loc: Center of Europe
Re: [Re: ToxicFungus]
    #10232275 - 04/25/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Ich kann tun was ich will, wenn ich will, aber ich vermag nicht es zu wollen, weil die entgegenstehenden Motive zu viel Gewalt über mich haben, als dass ich es könnte!
  means
I can do what I will, if I will, but I cannot will this, because the opposing motives have too much power over me to be able to will it!

Edited by shroomathan (04/27/09 04:09 PM)

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [Re: shroomathan]
    #10232308 - 04/25/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This isn't my opinion, more so the way it actually is...

Information that was rampant 3-4 years ago and was believed to be "the way" has been disproved and more efficient methods are being used currently. 

Thinking that just because one person wearing a lab coat can make a video, doesn't make them an experienced and informative grower.  That video series is RIDDLED with old and out-dated information and horrible technique; I wish it was removed completely.

However, my opinion is that you shouldn't advertise advice unless you personally know what the hell you're talking about.

--------------------

My Glovebox

OfflineToxicFungus
Stranger
Male

Re: [Re: shroomzey]
    #10232381 - 04/25/09 05:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yea that makes sence its kind of obvious now that i think about it in my case its exactly how you said i wouldve learned the hard way because i am unexperienced.

Edited by ToxicFungus (04/25/09 06:04 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate