Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Incubation heater/bubbler heat fruiting chamber
    #1022722 - 11/04/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry if this question has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything relating specifically to this question. I'm using an aquarium heater in a bottle of water inside a small(12"x16"x12") rubbermade for incubation purposes. I was thinking of converting this into a sealed bubbler and running the output tube into a fruiting chamber to save money on buying another heater(winter is pretty harsh here). I figure this will increase humidity in the fruiting chamber which is using a perlite layer, but will it also increase heat? I just thought I'd ask before I go burning holes in everything to find that it doesn't really work that well.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Edited by rhizo (11/04/02 10:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Incubation heater/bubbler heat fruiting chamber [Re: rhizo]
    #1022730 - 11/04/02 10:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You mean you are gonna put the tube from the air pump in the jar with the heater? I don't see how this would increase heat, but if someone can explain how it will that would be cool. Winter is that harsh that one heater by itself isn't enough to mantain 75 degrees, where do you live?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: Incubation heater/bubbler heat fruiting chambe [Re: Skikid16]
    #1023280 - 11/05/02 03:48 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking of doing the sealed heater/bubbler thing and putting it in the incubator. The incubator would receive heat from the warm bottle of water. The output would be piped out of the incubator through a small hole in the top and into a fruiting chamber. The main fruiting chamber has its own heater/thermostat, but I'm thinking of ways to heat additional smaller fruiting chambers without buying more heaters. My heater is a 150 watt and the incubator is small. I was thinking if I coiled the air tubing in the heater/bubbler bottle and then bubbled the air through a sponge or airstone it would warm the air more. I always see posts where people say that this contraption puts out warm moist air. I'm just wondering how warm and can it heat a small fruiting chamber. I'm now living somewhere in Japan, dropped out of American society about 5 years ago.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom