Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroommaan
Stranger
Male
Substrate Experiment
    #10220425 - 04/23/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have decided to do an experiment this summer on a number of different substrates and would like everyone's input on what to try. Leaves, grass, hay, and manure are all on my list already. I am also planning on dividing each substrate into several subsection, experimenting with different nutes on each. I have been a long time viewer of these forums and am a big fan of the shroomery community. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

sidenote:
I am currently in the middle of my first grow indoors and everything is going well; have 7 quart jars almost ready to put into monotubs with a bulk sub. All thanks to trials of everyone on this forum and the search function.

Shroom On

--------------------
Welcome to mushroom land,
Home of the Mushroommaan,
Who lives on Shroomery way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Substrate Experiment [Re: mushroommaan]
    #10220479 - 04/23/09 02:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Lawn clippings and dog poo.
I know everybody says it won't work- if you find a way to make it happen, you'll have a tek named after you.

I've tried coir+coffee in jars, like making a pf cake, and had enough success to think that it might be viable. 4 out of five jars fruited, some gave several fruits, one went for three flushes. Results weren't exactly impressive, but encouraging at least.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineFryer Mike
Lost in the fourth dimension.

Re: Substrate Experiment [Re: Doc_T]
    #10220488 - 04/23/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Concrete and glass shards.

Seriously.

--------------------
DON'T READ THIS!

Any information/ pictures/ text that implies I grow or use illegal substances is false and/ or for entertainment purposes. Nothing I say or submit to this forum or to any other should be taken literally.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Fryer Mike

Offlineriosricky
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nor Cal ^
Re: Substrate Experiment [Re: Fryer Mike]
    #10220738 - 04/23/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i have a thoeroy that I have been thinking about, 
using beans, but they would have to be cooked before puting into jars a certain way. I have the tek written out but won't post until I have had success with it.  I got this theory when I was mowing the lawn in my backyard, I got a flashback from a long time ago.  I had left some cooked beans in a closed tray in my kitchen when i left camping. I came back a week later I saw that it had been cover completly with white mold.  I thought If  cooked the same way I alwasy do and put in jars then PC for 60 mins 15 psi, inoculate, It might work. But might not

--------------------

Offlinemushroommaan
Stranger
Male
Re: Substrate Experiment [Re: riosricky]
    #10221587 - 04/23/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Beans would be an interesting experiment. I'm looking more for bulk substrate that I can use with grain spawn though; where as it seems beans would be a better candidate for spawning and then just letting fruit or case them (if the beans worked at all). I should also mention that I will be doing this experiment outside in a wooded area.

--------------------
Welcome to mushroom land,
Home of the Mushroommaan,
Who lives on Shroomery way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder