Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

symptoms of anxiety
    #10202980 - 04/20/09 05:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

For the last 3 years, i've been a anxious/shy person.  I blame this on my drug use and the sometimes reclusive lifestyle I adopted.  I've pretty well learned to deal with it or never really thought of it as an 'illness'.  I wouldn't go as far to say that it has disabled me but it certainly requires a little more effort to tackle certain social aspects.  My most commons symptoms are:

-Surreal movie like visual perceptions (glossy field of vision/tunneled vision)

-Loss of mental focus on subject matter, usually leading to looped thoughts of the very fact that I'm anxious. 

-Sweaty palms/beads of sweat on forehead

-Jumbled speech sometimes slow or at other times mindless rants having very little to do with what is being discussed(this is usually a last ditch effort on my part to end a conversation/change the subject matter)

What are some of your symptoms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: symptoms of anxiety [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10206083 - 04/21/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have experienced anxiety, although not in such a prolonged manner such as yourself.

IMO, the root of your anxiety is manifest of your perception of the outside world.  There is uncertainty out there.  You simply can't foresee the outcome of your actions, that of others, your interactions with them, and the outside world.

You must shift your attitude towards what is out there.  It cannot harm you.  The outside world cannot force you into circumstances that are not agreeable to you.  You must direct your thought and your intentions.  You must do the things that will put you in situations that you agree with, and eliminate the uncertainty, and find yourself in the situations you are certain to be in, if you so choose.

Do not be afraid, nothing can hurt you.  Only your own mind.

If all that I have imparted does not make any sense to you, or is advice that does not address that which you have described, please, let it be known.

In my experience, anxiousness comes from the idea that an unwanted circumstance is possible... aka uncertainty.  I do not focus on the uncertainty, but only that which I agree with, which will certainly surround myself with, because I so choose.

You do have the power to direct your thoughts, your attitudes, your life.  You have the power to direct your speech, and express what is within you.  You only need to let go of the uncertainty that harm will come to you by these actions, because they won't.  Only your perception of an outcome can hard you, but if you have the best attitude towards what you want to accomplish by your actions, it matters not if people don't agree with you.  You must only agree with yourself.  Love yourself, and others will love you.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (04/21/09 09:37 AM)

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: symptoms of anxiety [Re: Ginseng1]
    #10206134 - 04/21/09 09:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

feel like im crawling out of my skin....my inside are always moving vibrating like a motor that about to explode any second cannot sit still and relax :hotidea:

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: symptoms of anxiety [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10206154 - 04/21/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Try meditation/breathing exercises.  Still your mind.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: symptoms of anxiety [Re: Ginseng1]
    #10206159 - 04/21/09 09:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i can kinda control it now i was just listing a few symptoms.:bongload:

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: symptoms of anxiety [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10206166 - 04/21/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It is quite the curious sensation.

I personally am not a fan of it, so I aim to control my vibrations by staying calm, cool collected.  That is what I want.  To be in a perpetual state of calm... that is fucking cool.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1