Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Martha Set Up - Lighting
    #10187094 - 04/17/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Once light is introduced will a incadecent (or whatever the normal household light is - 60w) be sufficient if it's in the ceiling (ceiling is 2.5ft above top of Martha's) to supply enough light for 4 martha setups? I see a lot of people with lights for each but is it needed?

--------------------
A girl on my MSN is a really hot chick. She seduces me a lot. We will meet in 6 months for sex. Her f*ck buddy is computer illiterate. She sells her p*ssy to me if I research stuff for him. He lives in the British Virgin Islands

Therefore, as a real man I must keep my mushroom wet, it gets too light when it dries up. So, I will ask a lot of questions. Just think...every time one of you helps me I get that much more closer to her p*ssy.

I also post in first person because it's a lot easier than saying the sexual partner of a girl I have on MSN is wondering...every single post!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Martha Set Up - Lighting [Re: HellRide420]
    #10187113 - 04/17/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You will want to use fluorescent lighting, and as much as possible.  One ceiling light will give you mediocre results.  Best to get a 40w fluorescent cabinet light for each one.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

OfflineNineInchNails
Stranger

Re: Martha Set Up - Lighting [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #10187160 - 04/17/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

What about using a fluorescent light like this?

I have a bunch of these. They are daylight 6500k bulbs and fixture from Wally World. They seem quite bright.

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Martha Set Up - Lighting [Re: NineInchNails]
    #10187172 - 04/17/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Poyfect!

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Re: Martha Set Up - Lighting [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #10187217 - 04/17/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If it plugs into the wall it should be find, the actual room everything is going in has no wiring but I'll have an extension cord going into it.

Where could I buy a light, how should it be installed, and how much they cost roughly? Are there any teks that cover installing everything for the martha to bring it physically ready?

--------------------
A girl on my MSN is a really hot chick. She seduces me a lot. We will meet in 6 months for sex. Her f*ck buddy is computer illiterate. She sells her p*ssy to me if I research stuff for him. He lives in the British Virgin Islands

Therefore, as a real man I must keep my mushroom wet, it gets too light when it dries up. So, I will ask a lot of questions. Just think...every time one of you helps me I get that much more closer to her p*ssy.

I also post in first person because it's a lot easier than saying the sexual partner of a girl I have on MSN is wondering...every single post!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10187511 - 04/17/09 10:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Don't install the light in the mini-greenhouse unless you're getting expensive watertight fixtures.

Hang the fluorescent lamp from chains or similar so it shines through the sides into the shelf areas.

Incandescent lamps are the wrong color temperature for best performance.  For best results, look for the word 'daylight' on the tubes as in the post above or look for the color temperature and select around 6500 K to 7000 K.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Re: Martha Set Up - Lighting [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10188415 - 04/18/09 06:13 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks, my FOAF appreciates the help! I think he won't have any issues hanging it because the ceiling is wood and there are a lot of gaps where chains can be wrapped. I'm guessing the daylight ones are relatively cheapp. If I was any good at even drawing in paint I'd illustrate what I understand but let me try to explain it:

Daylight fixtures will hang down to about half way high on the Martha's. There are two fixtures next to each other on the right side, one on the end wall and one on the left wall. This is a compact area and just has enough room to get in, would 1 light be sufficient hanging in the middle or should my FOAF purchase 2? It'll make accessing the room a pain but if set up right unhanging won't be difficult.

Also should he through in an oscillating fan pointing in semi-opposite direction? The place is already humid as hell, I have trouble breathing in his living room when I'm there if he doesn't open the windows :mad: someone told me using a fan can higher the chance of contams and the room he's using is filled with old junk and pretty dirty but the contents in the Martha are safe if they aren't exposed to it right?
Thanks

--------------------

Edited by HellRide420 (04/18/09 06:18 AM)

OfflineNineInchNails
Stranger

#10194404 - 04/19/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Those lights are not expensive. The bulk will likely have to be purchased separately though. I bought it at Walmart and right beside it were all the bulbs.

I went witht the 20w size becasue they were inexpensive. They have 40w sizes that are twice as long, but I already had a few other 20w fixtures so I figured I'd go that rout.

Souns like you're going to rot the house out with that much humidity. I'd vent some of that out.

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Re: Martha Set Up - Lighting [Re: NineInchNails]
    #10195444 - 04/19/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Picked up a shop lite fixture with 48" (40w) bulbs, $40 for the fixture and $4 per bulb...not bad.

There is a vent that goes somewhere from the room, HMM! yikes...well directly above is the naybah's ...bathroom.

If the whole room had an open window, and a fan going, and the cool mist in each martha, that should be sufficient? I could also leave the actual storage room door open, it's connected to a decent sized livingroom and open kitchen...with these windows open too (2 of em), that should do the trick as long as nothin gets contam'd

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom