Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewindygiraffe
Stranger
Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities?
    #10186198 - 04/17/09 05:55 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

When you aren't high? I'm wondering bc I'm in college taking pre-med courses and I don't want to make it difficult to study and remember things. Anyone know or have heard, or experience with the subject?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIn_A_Transit
Turn on, tune in, drop out

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: windygiraffe]
    #10186272 - 04/17/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I've heard of mushrooms impairing your memory.

"Working memory disruption (reduced ability to do tasks requiring current remembering and attention) [ Wittmann 2006 ]"

I'm not sure if that's only short term or long term. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :smile:

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: In_A_Transit]
    #10186432 - 04/17/09 06:50 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

not usually, not in the doses most people take occasionally for recreation no. Some people have after effects that last a few days they feel groggy but it wears off and they are fine.

Offlineyeahbuddyyyyyyyy
Stranger
Male

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: windygiraffe]
    #10186473 - 04/17/09 06:56 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

It depends how often and how much you take.  If your taking it every other day, then yeah, it's gonna effect your memory.  If you take it once or twice a month, then no it wont.

Offlineisland
Stranger
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: yeahbuddyyyyyyyy]
    #10186490 - 04/17/09 06:59 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

interesting question, i wonder if that many studies have really been done on it.

There are probabaly a lot of studies on psychedelics that SHOULD be done, but havent been/wont because of the taboo of the subject.

Offlineyeahbuddyyyyyyyy
Stranger
Male

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: island]
    #10186536 - 04/17/09 07:06 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I'm just talking about my own experience.  When I used to take shrooms and acid multiple times per week, I noticed a decrease in memory.  I couldn't pay attention.

Invisiblesam.larone

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? *DELETED* [Re: yeahbuddyyyyyyyy]
    #10186614 - 04/17/09 07:23 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Post deleted by sam.larone

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10186629 - 04/17/09 07:25 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Serotonergic psychedelics have never affected my memory or learning ability.  DXM, N2O, and any anticholinergic deliriant have always made me feel a little dumbed-down the next day (but nothing that a good dose of nootropics won't fix.)

Weed by the far is the most significant culprit to blame for memory loss.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: sam.larone]
    #10186643 - 04/17/09 07:26 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

LSA isn't really psychedelic it is a great vasoconstrictor though

Offlinedanaka
Stranger
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: island]
    #10187331 - 04/17/09 09:45 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

island said:
interesting question, i wonder if that many studies have really been done on it.

There are probabaly a lot of studies on psychedelics that SHOULD be done, but havent been/wont because of the taboo of the subject.

Exactly, the fact that these studies are done mostly by the government causes psychedelics to be overlooked because of the fact that they are illegal. The people in power have effectively prevented quality information from being distributed about illegal substances causing many misconceptions, leading to possible catastrophes.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: danaka]
    #10187874 - 04/18/09 12:27 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

i think constant weed smoking is worse than your memory that psychedelics. then again ive never binged on psychedelics like i have weed.

OfflineZoomAlways
Stranger
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: retrospect]
    #10187983 - 04/18/09 01:18 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
i think constant weed smoking is worse than your memory that psychedelics. then again ive never binged on psychedelics like i have weed.

My friends and i did go through a binge of mushrooms last year, eating them i think 7 times in 10 days and i havnt noticed any decreases in memory.

Offlineeritas
ilovedrugs
Male

Loc: brooklyn NYC
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: ZoomAlways] * 1
    #10188572 - 04/18/09 08:08 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

i cant remember shit anyway
but i think if your not trippin everyday you should be fine

--------------------
heres to our lives being meaningless
and how beautiful it is
because freedom doesnt have a purpose

check out my art :smile:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=14505741&page=0&vc=1#14505741
and my goggles and jewelry
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15209555

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: eritas]
    #10188623 - 04/18/09 08:27 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Weed will make itharder to remember stuff

Psychedelics will make it easier to be distracted.. detatch you from your rigid assumptions of self-discipline. If you put the effort in, you should be able to take psychedelics every month or two without having any problem and maybe even find your brain is working harder than ever!

But to think that you will just come down from a life-changing trip and get stuck into your homework...
well give it a go if you want.. but don't count on it working out.

Weed is indeed a bigger culprit.. largely becasue you can put it in your brain every day.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: Noteworthy] * 1
    #10188631 - 04/18/09 08:31 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

i got some "LSD" before, which clearly was not acid. it was some sort of research chemical, and i swear to this day that i still feel retarded from that. as do all of my friends i did it with. ate 6 tabs and did NOT have a good time, and it was not acid lol. but it was somethin'.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: shroomiin]
    #10199146 - 04/20/09 12:52 AM (15 years, 1 hour ago)

i have found weed really screws with your memory and attention.

i quit weed about a month ago, just for a break, and have tripped a couple of times over the last few weeks. at work, my attention and memory is awesome now, i can work so much better. not sure if its from the psychs or quitting weed, a combo i belive. the psychs have helped with my endurance thus helps with attention and memory, and quitting weed, helps both out anyway haha when i was smokin consistently i got distracted so easily no matter what i was doing

Edited by retrospect (04/20/09 12:53 AM)

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: retrospect]
    #10199839 - 04/20/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't had apparent issues with memory and learning after taking psychedelics, though they certainly can play with short-term memory and attention span during the effects. Weed was especially strong in that regard, likely because anandamide supposedly causes natural memory suppression.

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

InvisibleChronick
Connoisseur Of Hallucination
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: N2loma]
    #10209818 - 04/21/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

There probably just as many drugs out there that can improve your memory as well as impair your memory. I drink a mug full of ginko and green tea sweetened with stevia every morning before I attend class. Sometimes I take ginseng supplements when I have a big task that needs focus or celastrus seeds when I have midterms/finals. I learn a lot in all my science/math courses and get high on psychedelics and weed often.

There is a whole wealth of information on memory enhancement, look it up and see what could work best for you.

--------------------
The truth is always hidden in plain sight.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10209942 - 04/21/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quetzalcohuatl said:
LSA isn't really psychedelic it is a great vasoconstrictor though

I'd disagree - I've only done LSA once, but was one hell of a trip - and up there with with some of my 'strongest trips'. 

But, from my experience on drugs + school, having recently graduated University a year ago.

- E

Has a really negative impact on short term memory and ability to focus, especially if you are doing it regularly (ie: 2-4+ times a month). I think heavy-partying was a major factor in why I did not do as well in my 1st year and got put onto probation.

My ability to focus is shot, I'd continually re-read the same paragraphs over and feel like nothing ever "stuck".

With infrequent use (once every few months) this usually wasn't too bad - if I kept partying to long-weekends, it had minimal impact on school-work the following week.

Really pure MDMA has less side effects, but they are still around.

- Weed

Daily use affects my short-term memory. I'd feel foggier during class, and my ability to retain information was diminished. Not to the same extent as E. If you keep your weed smoking at a moderate level (ie: not wake and bake), and cut back during exam / crunch time - this is not much of an issue.

I was a pretty heavy pot-smoker during school - its how I ended my day almost every day. Around Midterms/Final Exams I would take a break around the time I started to study and found it had no real impact.

- LSD/Shrooms

I was never a super-heavy user of these. I think at my 'highest use' with LSD, was twice a month, and with Shrooms - once a week. With this pattern of use, never noticed any major imparements to my memory and ability to focus.

Shrooms became a substance of choice - for many reasons, but also including the lack of comedown/negative effects the week after. I could Shroom at a party on Fri/Sat, and be 100% fine once Monday rolled around, where with E - I'd be space-case Monday, grumpy Tuesday, and finding my ability to focus off whack for even longer.

If anythimg, I found that LSD had positive effects on me for the weeks following a hefty trip. There was 1 time while I was in the 'after-glow' portion of a trip and started to study for an Accounting exam - and it made more sense then it previously did. The 'pattern' for solving a type of problem that I was stuck on became far more apparent and came up with a system to solve them - which proved helpful once test-day came around a week or two later.

I've also found that after many LSD trips, I end the trips with a better sense of self, where I'm at, where I'm going and what I need to do to get there - and help motivates me in the following weeks to keep on top of things.

It's not always that way, but often it was.

To sum it up though

- Dont abuse drugs
- Put school first
- When you are entering exam-time, or a period where you have allot of assignments due : Take a break

and you should be fine.

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Do shrooms, lsd/lsa effect your memory/learning capabilities? [Re: kaniz]
    #10212559 - 04/22/09 08:50 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:smile: Weed makes me lazy but smart, Psychedelics make me adventurous and smart.

Adderall on the other hand makes me work really really hard.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract