Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
DXM Compared to K
    #10179792 - 04/16/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I know this belongs in ODD, but I asked in a related post there and I'm getting like 0 traffic (ODD has 3 viewing right now...PE has 58). Sorry about that, but mods please play nice and don't move this (at least for a little while). Thanks

Anyway, I've been interested in dissociatives and I always kind of wrote DXM off since it was basically for high schoolers that wanted to OD on cough syrup. However, K seemed pretty interesting to me, but I don't have any way of getting some and DXM is very available. I figured I might as well try DXM as a way to test the dissociative waters. My plan (if I decide to do it) is to take a small (first-second plateau) DXM trip and then if I don't have some awful reaction or hate the experience, I will move up to a 3rd or 4th plateau trip. My question is: How would a 4th plateau DXM trip compare to a K-hole? How would the mind expansion differ (if at all)? Would a 4th plateau DXM trip completely separate mind from body like K?

Also, no flaming or "use the search feature" comments, I've spent a few hours researching DXM already, the only thing I can't find is a comparison of DXM and K. I tried comparing trip reports, but different people describe the same thing with different language so its really hard to tell specific differences between K and DXM.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: teeter]
    #10179886 - 04/16/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I used to bash DXM but I tried it over the summer and liked it

I started with 180mg with no effect

then a whole bottle of vicks 44 which is 240mg I think with no other active ingredients - that was a fun trip, I was perfectly functional but it was like I was tipsy and tripping at the same time

then I did a bottle of robo cough gels which was I think about 300mg and that was similar to my last desctiption but a little more intense

I have never done any more than that but so far I like it.

I have never been able to get K though :frown:

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
    #10179887 - 04/16/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Would a 4th plateau DXM trip completely separate mind from body

Yes

And a word of advice; you're not going to like low-level plateaus.
Nobody does, except high schoolers (because they don't want to trip; they want to get fucked up)
DXM is not "for high schoolers who wanna od on cough syrup".
Most of the people I knew in high school smoked weed too. Do you think that's just for lame teens too?

Drink a bottle of and a half of max strength cough.
You've done psychedelics before and have K-holed
You're not gonna have a problem.

If you really feel the need, do the Enzyme test first.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: LSDXM]
    #10179938 - 04/16/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

DXM is very similar but Ketamine I find more pleasing. DXM makes my skin and nerves feel weird or itchy whereas on Ketamine I am numb. And I get sick if I drink two bottles of syrup from all the inactive ingredients so I have to extract which provides a much cleaner trip.

Offline402Camaro
Sr. Readsalot

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: T-Rex]
    #10181539 - 04/16/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I've never tried K so I can't really compare them. Since you are against DXM I'll tell you my story about it though. I've always felt kind of like you about it but I said I would try it one day. That day came last weekend. I happened to be looking for some headache medicine and saw it on the shelf, thought about it for a minute and walked away. While shopping for other stuff I kept thinking about it then finally decided to go for it.

I started with 600mg. I downed the shit then laid down in a dark room with some music I like playing "rock". After a while I started feeling pretty good but kinda fucked up. Someone else described it as drunken MDMA. I would say that is fair as it does have a bit of euphoria but nothing compared to MDMA. After a while I started seeing all kinds of shit when I closed my eyes. It was like there were two worlds or dimensions, the one with my eyes open and the one with my eyes closed. I say that because the world I was seeing with my eyes closed seemed so real. I remember walking threw the woods with what looked like the grim reaper. The woods had a thick green fog hovering just above the ground and me and the reaper were rocking out to the music "no, I wasn't afraid of him." Every once in awhile I would open my eyes for some reason or another and would be shocked to find myself in another place...which was my room. The room was dark and I couldn't see much except for the wavy outline of my bathroom door. This world seemed boring so I would close my eyes again and go back to the other world where I could do whatever I wanted. It was almost like dreaming except feeling like you are in control of the dream and free to do what you want.

Eventually my music stopped playing on my laptop and I forced myself to try to fix it. I probably struggled with the laptop for about 5 minutes and it seemed to make me sick and I puked. Somehow I made it to the bathroom and didn't make a mess. Not long after I puked I started coming down fast.

After giving it a try I'm a believer. It is a real drug not just ODing on cough medicine. If you get the right stuff and read the label you will see the only active ingredient is DXM. I enjoyed it but I don't feel the need to run out and buy more. Defiantly worth trying though.

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free and I hold faith that in the end my dream will come true. Untill then here I wait... In America.

Offlinelightgun_suicide
status.rnd(3);

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: 402Camaro]
    #10182259 - 04/17/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ketamine I find more effective overall, but perhaps that's simply a matter of having a larger dose. I've never experienced anything remotely like a k-hole on dxm.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: lightgun_suicide]
    #10182823 - 04/17/09 03:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah 3rd platue is very similar to k make sure to get pure or extract it

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: thedudenj]
    #10182832 - 04/17/09 03:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

k jus gives mad tracers it doesnt really make u hallucinate like dxm

--------------------

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

#10182889 - 04/17/09 04:10 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

They are similar, but I have never been taken as deep on DXM as a full fledged K-hole. DXMs body side effects seem to prevent me from taking a dose strong enough to completely dissociate me from my body. Ketamine warps reality around and I morph into my surroundings, which eventually become completely unrecognizable and replaced with something else. Usually some unenglishable alternate dimension type scenario with massive hallucinations. DXM seems to just null the senses so much that I get internal OBEs, and end up flying over weird alien landscapes, or recognizable (somewhat)locations: ie, standing behind some people at a busy city crosswalk, flying over snowy suburban streets at night, out in space, ect. I find ketamine to feel both cleaner and to generally be more interesting, though DXM leaves you lots of time to get lost in its world, while K holes only last 45 mins to an hour usually.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: Coaster]
    #10183496 - 04/17/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
k jus gives mad tracers it doesnt really make u hallucinate like dxm

I have to say I get way more than tracers on K when i go into the hole.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: Grapefruit]
    #10183554 - 04/17/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think you need at least 500mg(IMO)of DXM(pure crystals and I'm not talking about the shit you extracted in you kitchen)IMO it takes a pretty heavy dose like 100mg to compare it to a K hole, but me personally I find them to be similar but also different,I tend to look at a DXM experience as a trip almost damn good trails and some good OBE I compare K to low grade PCP and DXM is also similar to a low dose of PCP.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: DNBplus]
    #10183626 - 04/17/09 09:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think a lot of you guys misunderstood my original post. I've never done K and I'm not anti-DXM. I just was never interested in DXM until I thought that it might be an easy way to test our dissociatives. K is hard to find, so I figured I'll go buy some cough syrup and make sure I like dissociatives.

Basically: Could someone with 4th plateau and k-hole experience please explain the qualitative differences between the two experiences?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Edited by teeter (04/17/09 09:47 AM)

Offlinexceses
Banana Slug

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: Grapefruit]
    #10183634 - 04/17/09 09:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I went straight for this post when I saw it, dissociative's are like my favorite things... DXM is a shitty way for highchoolers to OD, there is Chlorpheniramine and Acetaminophen in a lot of common brands which also contain DXM.  So kids screwing around dont realize that the Chlorpheniramine is essentially concentrated chlorine, 24mg is the lowest people OD on, which is 12 CCC tablets for a 120 mg DXM 'trip'... Hardly anything for such pain, right? Now Acetaminophen is a painkiller and relativly harmless, but when you down a bottle of something like ROBOTUSSIN Multi-Symptom its easy to go past the 3000mg OD level just trying to get 400 mg or so of DXM. This is why people (kids) get really sick doing dxm.

Now as a seasoned traveler I will say that 'Delsym' is the best source of over the counter DXM. A large bottle is 900mg of untainted pure DXM suryp. That is my usual trip lately and let me say 4th plateau around 1000mg is very much like K. So if you can handle that much sugar this is the simplest, best way. If you wanna get snazzy there are a lot of ways to extract DXM, and with a pill press you can make you own more potent geltabs and trip without downing nasty medicine. Having downed extracted DXM its a bit harder to dose, but I aimed for my usual 1000 mark and Ive tripped balls that way a few times.

K is my favorite thing ever, though I don't touch that shit anymore. If you have a steady supply it is easy to get carried away. If you find it, GO PLAY. Now as far as effects, theres nothing like a K-hole, its the best lucid dream but while feeling like you body has melted away. DXM at high doses has floored me and Ive lost attachment to my limbs and felt very much the similar disconnectedness. Visuals are an issue, K usually did it for me but DXM is a little more picky on the open eye. I have found that laying down to good music and closing your eyes takes you on some premium vacations under DXM. Your mind goes to amazing places when you body cant hold you back. Enjoy dissociating, I've done this a bunch... PM me if you have questions or need advice... I always love to help :eek:

--------------------
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently. -Bill Watterson

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: xceses]
    #10184814 - 04/17/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Uh...

Delsym uses DXM Polistirex, not DXM Hbr. In other words, dxm coated in plastic. So yeah.
Wrong.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Invisiblejds

#10184825 - 04/17/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

DXM doesn't make you get much OEVs coaster, it's mostly small distortions or trails. Most of the trip happens inside your head (CEVs, mind-generated worlds, etc)

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

#10184859 - 04/17/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It says right on their website each 5 ml dose contains an amount of DXM Polistirex equivilent to 30 mg of DXM. Its like 900 mg DXM in a 5 oz bottle.

--------------------

OfflineModizu
Modizu is BACK!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: MEEDWEEST
Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: jds]
    #10184864 - 04/17/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Delsym is basically time released DXM, like KK said its plastic...

when i dosed a gram of delsym it lasted a good 14 hours, on a level one trip.

--------------------
--**WICKR: modizu
MODiZu

Love is the ultimate drug!

wickr: modizu

Invisiblejds

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: Modizu]
    #10184910 - 04/17/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

delsym is only good as booster, don't bother doing it on its own, it's too weak, but it lasts 12h

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

Offlineashesofman
Pulvis et umbra sumus
Male

Loc: Norway
Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: xceses]
    #10184997 - 04/17/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

It says right on their website each 5 ml dose contains an amount of DXM Polistirex equivilent to 30 mg of DXM. Its like 900 mg DXM in a 5 oz bottle.

Not to split hairs, but there is 888mg of DXM polyistrex in a 5oz bottle of Delsym. Delsym isn't really so great by itself. It's drawn out, and the peak is weak.

To the OP, I have done both, and I find a high end 3rd plateau dose similar to the K-Hole. The fourth plateau is something else, and not for the weak of heart. The experience is different between people, so I won't try to compare and contrast. They are their own seperate entities, but there is an absolute similarity. I prefer DXM of the two.

Try 500mg powdered DXM, with some PEG (miralax) to aid absorbsion if you want an idea of what dissociation is like.

Edited by ashesofman (04/17/09 02:17 PM)

Invisiblejds

Re: DXM Compared to K [Re: ashesofman]
    #10185026 - 04/17/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

delsym is basically time-release, that's why it's weaker

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale