Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetwoiskeyco
Stranger
 User Gallery
are my cakes failing?
    #10176408 - 04/16/09 07:49 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

My cakes have been through a lot of unnecessary troubles. I took about a month to move them to fruiting after they were done colonizing, and I didn't have a proper fruiting chamber for another month. Now they're in a fruiting chamber. I have the humidity up to about 90-95% for most of the day (the highest I can seem to get it) and the temperature is just below 70 degrees most of the time. I dunked them about 4 days ago for ~22 hours.

Now, I'm really not sure if they're just failing entirely or if my fruiting temperature is too far off? I have a space heater going in the small room they're in constantly, but I just can't seem to get the temperature in the box up much higher.

Is it the low temperature, or are cakes not as resilient as I'm hoping they are?

Also, what else might I check to see if these cakes are goners? Any good signs that they won't produce?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJPmagic
Welcome to the Dark Side
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: are my cakes failing? [Re: twoiskeyco]
    #10176415 - 04/16/09 07:52 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

70 for your FC will do just fine.  Do you happen to have any pictures so we could see what the cakes look like?  Could you describe them to us?  If they are nice and white, then you should be fine.  What I am trying to understand is that it took the cakes roughly 2 months from full colonization to get to the FC?????

--------------------

OfflineCamKron
Mychotic
 User Gallery

Re: are my cakes failing? [Re: JPmagic]
    #10176824 - 04/16/09 09:48 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

dude, 4 days in the fc is nothing
i waited 8 or so before i even saw my first pins...
post back in 10 days if tehre are no pins yet, but if that happens ill be surprised (after 5 days, i had no pins and was real mad and sad...but i have a FUCKLOAD now)
my point is, just relax and wait it out...it feels like they will never come, but just you wait :wink:

--------------------
:cool: :mushroom2: :cool: All Pics And Advice Is Just Google Research :cool: :mushroom2: :cool: :mushroom2:

Offlinetwoiskeyco
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10177593 - 04/16/09 12:30 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

JPmagic said:
70 for your FC will do just fine.  Do you happen to have any pictures so we could see what the cakes look like?  Could you describe them to us?  If they are nice and white, then you should be fine.  What I am trying to understand is that it took the cakes roughly 2 months from full colonization to get to the FC?????

Yes. It took 2 months to get to the FC. I was originally under the impression that I should be waiting to see lots of pins inside the jars before removing them, so they sat in jars for an entire month after colonizing fully. They spent another month in an inefficient fruiting chamber. I dunked and rolled them (and then they dried out) and then I dunked them again, and now they are in a nice FC.

Here are some pictures I just took:

Offlinehemppy
Stranger
    #10177619 - 04/16/09 12:37 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

sometimes they just wont fruit for some reason. I had cakes that were b+ and some that were creepers and the b+ are on the second flush while the creepers have done nothing at all since being put in the FC. My creeper cakes were also made from full pints before I knew any better so that may have something to do with it.

Offlinetwoiskeyco
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: are my cakes failing? [Re: hemppy]
    #10177634 - 04/16/09 12:42 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

hemppy said:
sometimes they just wont fruit for some reason. I had cakes that were b+ and some that were creepers and the b+ are on the second flush while the creepers have done nothing at all since being put in the FC. My creeper cakes were also made from full pints before I knew any better so that may have something to do with it.

Well, I'm now under the impression that the main issue here is Time. If someone could take a look at the pictures and tell me if they look like fucked up / old cakes, I'll know that that's the problem... but given that they've only been in the FC for 4 days, I guess I shouldn't be expecting pins already.

OfflineJPmagic
Welcome to the Dark Side
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
    #10177921 - 04/16/09 01:37 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I dunno if its the lighting, but the cakes look really dark for some reason.  I'm not sure about that.  But other than that, they don't look all that bad, make sure you are misting them and giving them lots of fresh air by fanning 6-10 times a day.  The #1 parameter for pinning is good FAE (Fresh Air Exchange).  So do that for a few days and then see what happens.  Be on a lookout for any contams.

--------------------

OfflineDeadDog
MingeTeasingBastard
Male User Gallery

Loc: La Chorrerra
    #10177971 - 04/16/09 01:48 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

yeah they look almost browny yellow, how do they smell?

--------------------
"You are the human equivalent of Bacterial Vaginosis, die now, thanks."

Offlinehemppy
Stranger
    #10178417 - 04/16/09 02:51 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

i think looking at them you cant tell if they will fruit or not. so far every cake i have has turned a deep blue/green from drying out. If i was shown a picture of my cakes I would say they were fucked and should be thrown out. Of course I would be wrong knowing that they are fruiting just fine.

Point is unless the pictures are showing an obvious contam you wont know what the future holds for the cakes.

'ike you said its only been 4 days in the FC and that is not near enough time. So far it has taken no less than 7 days for any of my cakes to pin and 2 took 10 days to pin. If you dont see pins after 10 days you may not see them.

Easily the biggest lesson I have learned in my short few months of this hobby is PATIENCE is KEY. This is not a hobby for impatient people.

Offlineriosricky
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nor Cal ^
Re: are my cakes failing? [Re: hemppy]
    #10178969 - 04/16/09 04:32 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

im not a pro but seems to me like a failed project

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder